" I know it's a shit shack compared to what you usually live like, but it's going to have to do for now." Logan said as he tossed my suitcases on the second bed. He sighed and looked around the room, looking slightly disappointed and embarassed at the small motel room that smelled like smoke and must. Sensing his feelings, I smiled and tried to act comfy as I plopped on the hard bed whcih practically broke my butt bones. I did my best to hide my wince and smiled.

" No, it's fine. Really." I said through gritted teeth from the shock of the bed. Letting out a small chuckle to try and ease away the anxiety building up in the room, he looked at me with a small grin before turning away and walking into the small bathroom. Quickly jumping up from the rock hard bed, I found comfort in the welcoming chair by the window and smiled as my buttocks enjoyed the spongy feeling the chair offered. Logan soon emerged from the bathroom and tossed his leatherjacket on his bed and lit another cigar.

Joining me over by the window, he opened it and let the cool night air flow into the stuffy motel room as he leaned on the ledge and enjoyed his cigar. Looking up at his masculinity and coldness, I found him to be more intimidating than when I had first been with him. Even though he was doing nothing but staring into the darkness of the night, he seemed so unpredictable. Too unpredictable to the point where I almost believed that I wouldn't live past tonight.

Not wanting to offend him by moving when he came near me, I plastered that fake smile on my face to try and hide my uneasiness.

" So, uhm....are we going to stay here for a long time?" Oh, gosh. That toally came out wrong. Now I sound like I'm hiding the fact that I absolutely hate this place. Well, honestly, I don't hate it. I just think it's kind of...scummy. Chuckling and looking away, I quickly saved the question from ultimate destruction. " You know, so I know whether to unpack my things or not."

He looked at me in a way that was unreadable in my eyes, and blew the smoke out of the side of the side of his mouth. His gaze was once again unbearable, but this time I held it, trying to seem more stable and stronger than I really was.

" Don't unpack your things. We could leave anytime unexpectedly and when I say that we need to leave, I mean to be gone in less than a minute. Now unless you can pack that closet of yours that you brang along in less than a minute, don't unpack. I can't have anything slow us down." he said, sounding as if he was in another world as his gaze fixed on a lamp post that was the only source of light on the block except for the broken down motel sign that might as well have been shut off.

Dad, are you serious? What were you thinking when you left me with this man?? This man who looks like he should be lumbering wood in a foreign forest, and you stick me with him? Dad, I hope you made the right decision because he's made me fear him more than I've feared anything in my life. Dad, can you hear me? I'm desperately asking for some help or guidance or something, Dad!

" You better get some rest, kid. We've been on the road all day and we might be leaving tomorrow." Standing up from the ledge of the window, he made his way over to his bed and took his shirt off, leaving the thread-bare beater the only barrier protecting the already perfectly tanned and muscular torso under it. I could see his chest heair curling out of the top of it, which made me want to lean out of the window and barf because I found hairy men disgusting, but something was.....excuse my language Dad, but something about him was sexy. Sorry Dad. Can't help but think the things I'm fantasizing about right now when I'm stuck in a 2x4 room with a sexy man you left as my guardian. Oh, Dad, what were you thinking when you left me with this man? Gosh, I'm practically molesting him with my eyes.

Okay, look away Marie. No, can't. Too late, he's already spotted you. Okay, keep calm. If you look away, he's going to know that you were checking him out, but if you look at him lke nothings wrong, then he'll think that nothings wrong......Oh, no. Glancing at my expression in the mirror behind him, I seen that my face shown the embarassment and guilt of being caught staring at him. Oh, this is just great. I'm mind babbling again. Focus, Marie. Keep your face calm........Damn it! Why isn't the look working! Okay, you've been caught already. Just look away Marie.

" What's wrong, kid?" My ears worked better at the moment and I could hear the hidden menacing and teasing tone in his voice, which only made me burn harder. Clearing my throat that had gotten dry without me noticing, I forced myself to bring my eyes back to meet his and met his intense gaze.

" Nothing, just been a long day." I said with a fake yawn as I finally got up from the chair and dugged through my suitcases for some pajamas. I refused to let my focus lift from the suitcases up to Logan until I finally found some sweats and one of my dad's shirts that were large for me but perfect for sleeping in. " Gonna go change really quick and I'm going to head to bed." Embarassed once again at how fake I sounded when I tried to act exhausted when I was actually bursting with energy, I hurriedly made my way to the bathroom which seemed like miles away, forcing myself to walk instead of run there.

" I'm gonna go get something at the liquor store at the corner. Do you need anything, kid?" Logan asked through the closed bathroom door.

" Yeah, a new guardian." I said silently to myself. Embarassment was a feeling that I was accustomed to tonight because I felt it once again at my ungreatfulness. I sighed and forced a fake smile. " No, nothing Logan. Thanks!" I called and swung the door open to see him already walking out of the door.

" What am I going to do with myself?" I asked the empty room before I went to sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Please rate and review-thanks!