My heart beats hard, but slowly to empahsize it's strength as it pounds against my chest. I'm hot and damp, as if I just stepped out of a hot shower. The heat radiates from my body, licking the thick and heavy air that weighs me down. My breaths are slow and ragged, a lump creating in my throat from an unknown reason. My body felt a familar tingle that slightly stung, feeling more annoying that painful. At the same time, it felt like I was shriveling up, trying to curl in from whatever danger lay ahead. The scene ahead is one of pure darkness that curtains my eyes from the moment, but my ears are left open to hear the agonizing screams and gun shots that rang through my head. Screams were heard, but too distant for me to even care. Fire. That's what I feel. Fire. The flames feel as if they are cupping my fragile face like a mother cradling her newborn in her arms. My skin felt as if it were slowly melting off of my bones. No noise came out of my throat. It felt like there was some type of barrier blocking out the force of a scream.

" Marie!" my eyes shot open to see the first person I befriended at the academy, Jubilee. Her hair was still messy and out of place in the bun that was neat before we slept. Her eyes seemed wider even though dark circles hung under them. The pale cheeks were now flushed with warmth still as her grip around my shoulders tightened. " Are you okay?"

" What- I mean...yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I said and looked around the dark room that I've been sharing with my two roomates for over a year now. The sweet scent that dominated the room was a welcoming scent into my nostrils that were flared open, gaping for as much air as it could. The room was still dark and Kitty sat up in her bed, staring at me through the thin slits in her eyes while scratching her head.

" You were like shaking in your sleep, your mouth open as if you were trying to suck in air. You know, you do that every now and then so I thought it was just a dream until you started to make like these little suffocating noises. But, I'm glad your okay." she said with a little smile, her eyelids slowly drooping down in exhaustion. Kitty nodded and layed back in her bed, Jubilee following her.

Smiling at the kindness of my friends, I frowned on the inside, feeling creeped out that my dreams are getting more vivid and detailed each time I dream them.

The next morning, I met Logan in the courtyard. He was under the shade of a tall oak tree while smoking a cigar. Baby Logan sat a few feet away from him, pulling the grass from the ground and shredding it to pieces. The moment he spotted me, a smile spread on his face as he shot up from the ground and tackled my leg with a hug. Smiling, I picked him up in my arms and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

" Mornin' Logan." I said and he gave me a kiss on the cheek, his soft cheeks pressing against mine. I put him down knowing that Logan gets pissed if I carry him for too long. He complains that I spoil him too much.

" Hey, kid." he says with a warming smile.

Even after a year of leaving my broken household, we were able to scrap up the remains of our lustful night and piece an awkward relationship together. It was hard for both of us to try and be intimate like we had in that night, but I knew it was harder for Logan. He was torn between being a responsible guardian and a hot, but old, boyfriend. But, I guess you could say it was awkward for me as well. I mean, I was torn between being his legal child and MUCH younger girlfriend. And as a result, we have the most wierdest relationship in the world. We can be so close sometimes, then we'll switch to legal mode and are suddenly taken over by our Father-Daughter roles. It's Wierd. Awkward. Uncomfortable. Yes, uncomfortable. And if I don't push out the fact that he is so much like a father to me in soooooo many ways, then I wouldn't be able to let him hold me or place that morning kiss on my lips that he does every day.

" Hey." I say, returning the smile as he placed a peck on my lips. His hazel eyes have soften at the quick and intimate touch of our lips, but quickly harden as his eyes catch on something pass me. " Logan, get your ass of of the fountain! Your going to fall in and drown!" he yelled.

I turned around to see baby Logan's bottom lip whimper a bit before sliding off of the rim of the fountain and plopping on the grass before returning to what he was doing earlier. I've noticed that he's toughened up slightly to Logan's attitude. No longer does he cry. That action is now replaced with a small whimper or pout before finding something to keep the tears from rolling. I felt bad for the kid, but he was Logan's kid and every time I tried to stick up for his child, he used that fact against me. That Logan was his child and I shouldn't be telling him how to raise his kid. Well, if his grumpy ass didn't act like such a pessimist all the time and yell at his kid 24/7, then I wouldn't feel obligated to put in my two cents.

" How'd you sleep?" he asked while flicking his cigar off to the side. His eyes were softened once again as he used his free hand to move a strand of hair out of my face.

" Not that well, but I managed. I always do." I said, taking any chance to prove my independence to him. A confident and self-assured grin played on my lips as I turned away from his questioning stare and looked into the lawn where sun dumped it's heat. I was glad that I was in the shade of the tree, but I was still kind of hot.

" Look, kid. You need to go see Proffessor about this. I take it your dreams are getting worse, hm?" he asked, and I could hear him shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Through the many windows in the wall of the academy, I could see kids and teens of various ages make their way through the halls, a mutant using their power once in a while to dodge a running person or go to their destination quicker.

" Logan, I'm fine. Really, alright? I hate troubling you with my problems." I take my chance to turn around to him with a small pout on my face. Wrapping my arms around his thick, strong torso, I lean up for a kiss but only get a grin in return.

**********************************************************

I could see the frusturation on her face from not getting the kiss. Her arms are immediately ripped from my body and crossed over her chest as she watched my son, eyebrows furrowed in anger and lips slightly pouted unconciously.

" I don't know what the hell has ticked you off this morning, but you seriously need an attitude adjustment." she said without changing her expression and her head staying in the same position.

Do you want to know what ticks me off, Owen? The fact that everything seems like we're starting all over when we've been always together for the past two years. Marie still acts like a playful child who's motto in life is bite more than you can chew, then chew as fast as you can to start the whole cycle over again. I thought putting her in the academy would make her mature faster. But I guess I'm being too selfish and giving the idea too much credit since she hasn't changed one bit. No. I take that back. I'm completely wrong. Your daughter has changed a whole damn lot!

Her skirts got shorter, tops tighter and smaller. Her usual flats are now replaced by heels that make her look tall enough to drag her hand through a cloud. The makeup collection has extended to a great deal to where her whole nightstand is full of makeup. On the top and in the two wide drawers. The whole mall sits in her closet and much less than half the clothes she bought with her inheritance has even been touched. Her hips have now filled out and she doesn't miss a moment to sway them, attracting the gaping stares and smirk from other teens. She hangs with a large group of guys who talk more about her than to her. A simple, confident action such as flipping her hair over her shoulder with a small, but daring grin acts like magnet to everyone within a hundred feet of her. Her attitude has changed so drastically.......sexy, that not even my burning stares can turn away people's head.

But I'm not going to say anything to your daughter, Owen, even though I know you'd want me to. She's 18 now and I'm not going to step over the boundries her new age has set up. Even though we're in an intimate relationship that really only holds a few minutes of intimacy each day, what I say and do can't stop your daughter from acting the way she's acting. I've told her about this before, and she'll just brush off the coversation like a bug on her shoulder. She's beginning to be even more hard-headed than me. And my head is wrapped with layers and layers of Adamnatium.
Chapter End Notes:
Alright, I hope that this chapter was good. I worked hard on this one, so please rate and review-thanks!