Okay, Marie, think sexy. Think flirty. Think hot......

I observed the outfits I was able to create with my complete wardrobe now in use. I had to look good for dinner tonight since Logan insists on taking us out to eat again since I barely have any food in the kitchen, so I should look good. I mean, he plans on leaving in a week or so, which means I have a week to reach my goal of kissing him. I already managed to block my father out of my head. Hopefully he has too if that's what is bugging him about kissing me because I know he sorta likes me too.

Okay, I can either go with black mini skirt and red halter top.....hm, no. We're not going clubbing Marie. I threw that one to the side.

Alright, dark blue denim shorts with a white spaghetti strapped top and black heels......no, this is going to make me look like a girl who wants the wrong kind of attention.

Damn, why do all of these outfits make me look like a whore? Okay, maybe if I switch it up a bit.....

**********************************************************

I watched my son play on your swingset in the backyard, Owen. He never seems to run out of energy. I think he got that from his mom.

Owen, in a week or so I'm planning to leave your daughter to fend for herself. I'm not sure if I'm going to take my son or not since he loves her so much, but don't think that I just want to leave him with her to get him out of my hands. He's my son and I love him as well, but it'd be wrong for me to take him from her.

And your daughter has been struggling to keep up with me in the past year, but she did a decent job of it. I'm suprised she didn't run off when I didn't kiss her. Yes, Owen, I wanted to kiss her but I didn't, alright? It's been almost 10 months and your still messing with me. You need to stop before I jump off of a cliff to crack your skull up there myself.

" Logan, I'm ready." she called and I could hear her footsteps coming down the stairs.

" Finally." I said and turned around to see your daughter in a light denim mini skirt and a black turtle neck. Her black heels clacked softly against the tiled floor in your kitchen as she approached me. Her hair was tied up in a tight bun on the top of her head with these little hoops dangling from her ear.

I'm not going to lie, Owen. Your daughter looks good. Hm, maybe a little more than good. She looks more mature today. She also looks way older than an eighteen year old girl should look. Her make-up was very light, but it still transformed her more than it should've.

**********************************************************

I tried my best to hold in a grin as he examined my form in pure silence, but I had to let it out. It was flattering, really. I mean the guy that I'm practically on my knees for is checking me out!

" Alright kid, since it's your birthday I guess you can go out being dressed like a hooker. Let's go, Logan!" he called out to the backyard and I practically made my thumb and pointer finger into a gun. I pretended to shoot my head while Logan was turning around to call for his son and by the time he turned back around, I was already walking out of the door. I tried to do it sexy but since I hadn't worn heels in so long, it came out like I couldn't bend me knees. So I chose to walk like a regular person in heels and tried to recover my confidence from when Logan had said I looked like a hooker. Hell, I didn't think I looked like a hooker. I think I looked mature. Classy. Not overdone like some of the outfits I was planning to wear.

I decided to sit in the front this time. It's not that I didn't want to sit next to baby Logan, it's just that I wanted to be in the front to feel the wind in my face. To feel free and unstoppable. Heh, who knew you could feel all of this by just sitting in the front seat? And plus, it makes me this much closer to Logan. Am I trying to hard for this? Hm, no, I don't think so. I mean I'm going to try my hardest for that damn kiss because in a week he'll be nothing but a pigment of my memories.

We came to this nice restaurant and ate in silence, which I really disliked because I wanted it to be fun! But everytime I tried to make some type of conversation, Logan would knock it down with one of his smart remarks. I mean, it's my birthday! He should be nice! Shit.....some people.....

**********************************************************

I could see the anger and frusturation buzzing above her and I had to smile at my job well done. She kept her face down to hide the fact that she was pissed off on her eighteenth birthday, and that's when I decided to give it. Pulling the small black box out of my pocket, I held it down to hide it from Marie still.

" Marie, I want to wish you a happy birthday." I said and I could see her eyes soften and her lips curve into a warm smile before looking up.

" Thanks, Logan." she said and I slowly brought the black box into view. Her eyes got big as she leaned across the table to examine it in my hand. " Is that for me?" she asked excitedly.

Nodding, she looked up at me before gently removing it from my hand. She opened it as if it were the most fragile thing in the world and gasped.

**********************************************************

I stopped breathing the moment my eyes landed on the necklace that had a diamond heart hanging off of the golden chain. I. Could. Not. Breathe. Someone. Please. Help. Me. Breathe. Before. I. Die. Everything just seemed to stop moving and all I heard was silence as the uncontrolled tears ran down my face. Why the hell was I crying? Shit...why am I tearing up!?

" Marie....." baby Logan said from his high chair next to me as he poked my shoulder. " Okay?"

But I stil couldn't move or breathe until my lungs ached and I sucked in a lot of air that backfired and made me cough it all out.

" My gosh...Logan! Thank you soooo much!" I couldn't help but reaching over the table to kiss him on his soft cheek. But the butterflies that resulted from that didn't seem to be able to kick out the butterflies from having this necklace. " This is so nice. But honestly, it's too much, Logan. You've already done so much for me. I can't accept this."

But I knew my eyes and face told a whole different story as I removed it from the box and examined it as it hung from my slender fingers. Baby Logan added his "oooh"'s and giggled at it. It was real pretty...

" Kid, you deserve it for putting up with all of my shit for a year." he chuckled after stating that and ran his hand through his hair.

**********************************************************

I helped her put it on as she wiped away her tears and laughed.

" I don't know why I'm crying...." she said lowly before looking at baby Logan with a warm smiled. " Do you know how to make me stop, mister?"

Baby Logan giggled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. My chest swelled with love for both of them. It swelled so much it practically ached and I knew that I was beginning to cross the line with Marie so I hurried to pay for the check. On the way home she just kept staring at it and thanking me after I told her about a million times that it was nothing.

I stood on her porch while I smoked a cigar. I could still hear my son from the open window above as Marie tried to put him to sleep.

" C'mon. The more earlier you sleep then the more time we have at the park tomorrow, Logan." she said and in a matter of minutes the upstairs window shut and Marie was at my side. I could see the necklace sparkling on on her chest as the moonlight hit it. Her sweet scent reached into my nose and made it's way down to my chest as if it was conquering my heart. Woah, wait. That was a corny line, Owen. "conquering my heart". Damn, I need to get away from her.

" I know your mad that I keep thanking you for this necklace, but I can't help it. It's real nice, Logan." she said and turned to me with a big smile while holding the heart firmly between her fingers. I smiled at it and tossed my cigar to the side.

" Your worth much more, Marie..." I found myself saying gently and almost bit my tongue off when I realized I said it. She blushed again and nibbled on her bottom lip to try and control the smiled I knew that was coming. Damn, I really need to go. But she's frowning now, Owen. What's wrong with your daughter?

" Logan, there is one more thing I really wanted for my birthday." she said lowly before looking up at me with those large eyes of hers and I knew what was coming. Before I had the chance to decline it, she had wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down to her, our lips meeting in a way that I know you'd kill me for.
Chapter End Notes:
I read this chapter over like a million times before I decided to post it because I think it moved kind of quick, so please rate and review to tell me what chyah think and stuff-thanks!