I sat in the backseat with baby Logan again as Logan drove away. I can't say that things have improved or have gotten worse since last night's moment. Ugh, I'm so angry because I can't call it last night's "kiss", because there was no kiss like I had been hoping! Only a simple brush of the lips before it ended. Why hadn't I had just grabbed his head and stuck my tongue down his throat? ..........oh, well that wouldn't have the best results.....heh.

The tension didn't waste any time to come back and fill the air in the car. It just felt so awkward. I mean, I almost kissed like a 50-year old guy and he almost kissed a 17-year old girl. But that wasn't the only factor I was worrying about. It was that he was my guardian. Like a parent! I almost kissed my parent! And I started it! Ugh, I feel horrible. No, you know what? I don't even know what to feel right now. I don't because I want to hop up in the front seat right now and get that kiss. But another part of me feels disgusted that I almost did last night. What do I do now, Dad? I want to kiss your best friend.....ick.

I soon fell asleep and was rudely awaken by baby Logan wailing in my ear and Logan calling my name.

" Marie, can you shut him up!? " Logan yelled over the screaming, his cigar in the hand that was pointing to the baby. What would happen if I were to say no to Logan? Heh, I don't think I'm too eager to find out.

" Shh, Shh.." I said lowly as I rocked his carseat a little, but that only made him wail louder, his features on his face scrunched in the middle. Logan groaned and pulled over to the side of the highway. Turning back around in his seat, he glared at his son which made him go one noise level higher.

" What the hell is wrong with that kid!?" Logan growled and stromed out of the car. I unbuckled him and was about to pull him out of his carseat when Logan reached in through the passenger's door and grabbed him.

" Logan, what are you gonna do!?" I called as Logan took him out of the car. There's no telling what Logan will do when he's pissed.

Hopping quickly out of the car, I watched as Logan put him down on the ground. Suddenly, baby Logan stopped crying and began giggling as Logan leaned against the car and lit a cigar. Standing up from his cramped legs, baby Logan began to run around in circles and I warmed up to the moment.

" He just needed to stretch his legs." Logan stated without bringing his eyes to meet mine. My happiness soon disolved when I remembered where we were.

" Logan, don't you think this is bad? We're on the side of a highway. We can't let a toddler run around on the side. We shouldn't even be out of the ca-" I began to explain, getting worried that we were bound to get run over soon enough, but Logan looked at me with cold eyes and I shut my mouth. I knew this was one dangerous stunt that he was pulling, but living with Logan has brought me to believe that if you just go along with what he does, then you'll be okay. Now if you disobey, he'll curse like there is no tomorrow and treat you like crap. Not wanting that to happen, I tried to ignore my worries and lean against the car calmly like he did, but found myself fidgeting like baby Logan does. I couldn't help it. There was just a big chance that he might run off into the highway or a car will swerve and hit us all! Logan must've sensed this because he sighed and looked at baby Logan.

" Get your ass back in the car, Logan." he called to baby Logan and my relief that we were getting back in the car took away my wince when Logan cursed at baby Logan.

As Logan slid into the driver's seat, baby Logan ran into my arms with the little fit of giggles he seemed to always be in. Settling back into the car, Logan took off and I smiled to notice that he wasn't driving as fast anymore. Aw, probably because we have a toddler in the car. I found that to be somewhat sweet.

**********************************************************

Alright, Owen. Stop pulling the guilt trip already. I know that your pretty pissed about what had happened with your daughter last night, but I didn't kiss her though, see. I almost did, but I pulled back because your face kept popping up in my damn head. I didn't mean for anything like that to happen, Owen, alright? So stop bugging me. Your pissing me the hell off. I can't even go within 3 feet of her because your damn face keeps popping up in my head. Just stop! Damn.....

" Logan, I need to use the bathroom." Marie groaned from the back seat as her head fell on the headrest. Logan was amusing himself with one of his little animal plush toy things.

" We're going to arrive at the next town in about 5 minutes." I said and glanced at the rear-view mirror at them again to find that she was looking at me through there too. See, look Owen. I only glanced at your daughter. I didn't stare like she's doing now, so get out of my head and go comfort her because she's turning red again.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry it's such a short chapter, but I'll make the next chapter longer. I'll post the next one in a few hours because it may be a few more days until I go on again. So please rate and review-thanks!