Baby Logan sat on my lap as we ate breakfast in a small diner not too far from the motel. Although he was a little fidgety, he stayed on my lap while munching on a sausage I gave him off of my plate. I could see Logan glancing at us every now and then, but I kept my eyes on either baby Logan or my food since I didn't want to seem like I was watching him as well, but I was. I couldn't help it. I mean, I always watched Logan. He's a hot guy, who wouldn't? The only thing that bugs me just a little bit is his hair.

Once we were finished there, I followed Logan back to the motel in silence except for baby Logan making little noises. I didn't mind baby Logan playing with my hair or tapping my shoulders, but I was shocked that he threw his hand down my shirt.

" Wooh!" I exclaimed when he did that and Logan turned around to see me digging in my shirt pulling his hand out. " Did your mommy teach you that? That's not.....good." I managed to say, still in shock that a little 2 year old threw his hand down my shirt! He had been poking my boob until I fished his hand out! Does he like still want breastmilk because my boobs don't exactly carry that yet. Logan smirked.

" Why don't you just let him walk. Stop carrying him. I don't want to live with another spoiled kid." he scoffed and turned back around to continue to walk back to the motel. I placed baby Logan down and he ran up to his dad where he walked side by side with. It really did touch my heart when Logan looked down at his cild and smiled, which caused baby Logan to fly into a fit of giggles. Baby Logan looked like the carbon copy of his dad when they each smiled. Hell, he still looked like a carbon copy when he didn't smile.

But back to what Logan said, Dad. Am I spoiled? I don't see myself as a spoiled person. Spoiled people get whatever they want and take things for granted. I'm the opposite, Dad. I don't always get whatever I want and am greatful for all of the things I do get.

My attention had been drawn back ahead when baby Logan tripped and fell. There was a whole moment of silence before his face scrunched and started screaming and crying. Logan looked back at me and sent me a look that said," Get your ass over here and do something". He didn't need to because I was already there picking baby Logan up and rocking him again. When his sobs ceased and only his bottom lip quivered, he pulled up his pant leg and pointed to the little red mark that he had gotten from the fall. I could hear Logan chuckle and shake his head.

" Chickenshit." I heard Logan murmur and I slapped his arm on instinct. He first shot me a suprised look and I thought all hell was gonna break loose before he rolled his eyes again.

" Logan, he's 2! Have a heart for once, will you." I said and kept walking and bouncing baby Logan in my arms, avoiding the look I may have recieved from Logan. I had become a little more daring when it came to speaking out for baby Logan. I have this little soft spot for children and it makes me mad when Logan makes some mean remark about baby Logan.

Finally arriving at the motel, I set baby Logan down and searched through his things for some toys to play with. He stood impatiently by me and would make little noises and groans. I finally found a bag of little toy cars and took out a few. Squealing in joy, baby Logan grabbed them from me and went to play noisily in the corner.

" Your good at taking care of kids, huh?" Logan asked as he sat on the ledge of the open window and took a long drag out of his cigar.

" Yeah, I used to help out at an after school daycare program at my school for little kids. It was hard work, but I quite enjoyed it, really." I quietly reminisced on all of them memories at that place. I missed handing out little juice boxes, helping little kids with their homework, cleaning up kids who just barfed on themselves and all that.

The rest of the day was pretty much quiet. Baby Logan seemed to be easily occupied with just about anything. When he got tired of his toys, Logan tossed him a pillow and he began to ride it around the room like a horse.

" See, my kid is resourceful." Logan boasted and we both laughed at the sigh of baby Logan sitting on the pillow and dragging it along the floor with him like a horse. Baby Logan even made the horse's sound.

" Naaayy!" baby Logan exclaimed, and I looked to the side to see Logan's reaction. His face was warm and he was smiling at his kid, and I felt extremely happy and relaxed. My own warm smile was created as I watched baby Logan as well.

I kept myself busy by watching some television, but baby Logan soon took over the t.v. with his little kids shows. I didn't mind much, really. I was just happy that everything was going so smoothly with the new addition to our little traveling group. Plus, baby Logan seemed to ease the tension that me and Logan usually had.

Nighttime came quickly and I soon put baby Logan to bed.

**********************************************************

I watched her turn off the t.v. and pick up my child, who was still looking at the blank t.v..

" Time for bed, baby Logan." she said and walked over to the bed where she pulled the blanket up. I watched her calm and gentle face as she bent down to kiss him on the forehead. That moment almost looked magical as Marie and Logan held eye contact for a moment, both with little smiles on their faces. Then, Logan bursted into giggles and tried to get up again, but Marie shook her head and placed him back down.

" You have to sleep, now, Logan. You can play tomorrow." she said in a firm voice and Logan just giggled, those little curls he got from his mom framing his baby face. Marie ran her hand over his head and shut off the night stand lamp. Sitting next to him on her bed, she opened that black little composition book and began writing again.

I could feel something tug at my chest, but I ignored it. I ignored a lot of emotions I was feeling right now because if I didn't, I'd probably be making out with your daughter, Owen. My hand would be caught in that thick, dark hair of hers and my son would be watching in awe. So I just smoked my cigar and stared out of the window, not wanting to pay any more attention to them.

**********************************************************

I woke up in the middle of the night from baby Logan poking my nose with little giggles. I was quite grumpy again, but seeing his face with the little giggles made me smile at him.

" Shhh, your daddy is sleeping. We're gonna get in trouble." I whispered as I removed my hand from the protection of the warm blanket and held a finger to my lips. He stopped giggling and held his own finger to his lips, his cuteness making me start giggling.

" Marie, shut up." Logan grumbled from his bed and my mouth shut instantly, baby logan's eyes widening in horror. I guess Logan had already put the scare in his child.

Baby Logan soon fell asleep, but I couldn't. My eyes burned from exhaustion and every time I tried to close them, they shot right back open. I couldn't really find a comfortable spot because that would mean I'd have to move and I didn't want to wake up his kid again.

**********************************************************

Hearing the blankets rustle in Marie's bed made my eyes shoot open, thinking that she was masturbating next to my son. I watched her slowly ease out of the bed and slip on her shoes before walking outside. I glanced at Logan before following her out. She was leaning on the ledge of the ramp since and looked down at the empty parking lot since we were on the second floor. Glancing at me before looking back down at the parking lot, she smiled. I joined her.

" What are you doing out here, kid?" I asked and suddenly craved another cigar. She sighed with a calm smile and looked out to the dark street where only a few cars drove back and forth.

" Just needed some air." she replied and looked up at me with a calm smile." And you, Logan?"

" To come and see why the hell you came outside when you could've easily stood by an open window." she smirked at that and shook her head. Owen, I hate to say that I was waiting for the tension to come, but it never did. The night air was thin and welcoming even though it was cold. I looked at your daughter and seen that tears were forming at the edge of her eyes. " What's wrong kid?" I asked, wondering if I should put an arm around her or something.

" Nothing..." she said and sniffed while wiping her damp eyes. She looked at me with a small smile." See, I'm fine, Logan."

We stared at eachother for a minute before tears began to stream rapidly down her face and that smile turned into a frown. Is this the part where I embrace her, Owen? Oh, too late. She's embracing me.

" I just miss him so much, Logan!" she sobbed into my chest and I didn't hesitate to embrace her warm body back. " He was the only family I ever had and he's gone! He wasn't supposed to die yet! It just shouldn't have happened!" her sadness and hurt hit me hard, but I didn't need that to know what she was feeling because I was feeling the same things. Owen, you were my best friend, and you still are. You were the only person to actually care for me and stick by my side, and you left before I had the chance to tell you that. I held back my own feelings and held your daughter closer to me.

" I miss him too, Marie." I said lowly and she looked up at me with her red, puffy eyes. And that's when it happened. Her lips began to move slowly up to mine, and mine moved slowly down to hers. I felt her innocent breathe on my lips.....

**********************************************************

His lips brushed mine before he pulled back out of my arms. Running a hand through his hair, he shook his head and looked at me sympathetically.

" You should get back to bed, Marie." he said plainly and walked back inside the room, leaving me only to fantasize about what could've happened.
Chapter End Notes:
Okay, so I kicked off the awkward romance with Logan and Marie. I hope this chapter was okay. Please rate and review-thanks!