I plopped on the bed of our new motel room as I watched Logan flip open that new silver cell phone he had began using. He pressed a few buttons and glanced up at me before putting it to his ear as he walked out onto the little porch right outside of our window and shut the glass door. I wonder if he's talking to that Aimee girl again. She was real pretty, but something about her seemed kind of old. I had to keep replaying her face in my head later that night because I felt that something was really off. You know thag gut feeling? The one that everyone says you have to listen to? Yeah, I had one of those feelings. It's not a great feeling because it kind of aches, but a feeling that was too strong for me to ignore. I think it was her mouth area. Yeah, something was kind of off, something was really off. Oh well. There's nothing I can do about this feeling now. Might as well go take a shower.

After doing that, I put on a pear of old basketball shorts and one of Dad's large shirts. I inhaled it's scent and smiled, missing him like crazy before I slipped it over my head. Glancing in the reflecting glass, I seen that I looked like I dropped a little weight. I mean, I ate all of my food when I was with Logan, and would snack throughout the day since I was bored out of my mind. But my face had somehow gone slimmer and my bone structure popped out more than it used to. My jawline was now clearly visible instead of hidden underneath the baby fat. The high cheekbones I possesed was now exposed without me having to grin. I actually really like this new thing I've got going on....sorta. I mean, can I actually change this much in a few weeks with that psycho? But come to think of it, it's been a while since I've had a good look at myself, so maybe the changes happened a while back. Yeah, maybe that's it.

" Marie, I'm ordering chinese. What do you want?" Logan called through the thick wooden door.

" I don't know. Get me anything." I called back and began to brush my hair while turning on the little portable television in the bathroom to some new channel.

" She'll have the uhm......Running Chicken and Duck Tongue." I heard Logan say through the door and I rolled my eyes with a smirk. I don't feel like hopping out of my comfort zone tonight, but I guess I won't mind something a little different. Something different. Yeah, exotic. That's what I need. I hope this upcoming meal will be satisfying enough.

Yes, and was it different. I stared at the curled up fried duck tongue that sat in the thin foam container, hoping my disgust wasn't clearly shown across my face. Logan glanced up at me and brang his face down to his carton of chow mein.

" Aren't you gonna eat, kid?" he asked me, eyes still looking down to hide the smirk I knew that had crawled on his face. I knew how I could win this. Let him think he won grossing me out and then snatch it right back.

" I think this is a little too exotic for me, Logan." my nose scrunched as I looked up at him with a little shake of my head. He met my look with a complete serious one and pointed to the duck tongue with his chopsticks.

" Eat it, kid. You wanted me to order something for you, so I did." and he continued eating the noodles that I could smell from across the small table that we sat at in our room. I preferred a fork over the chopsticks and jabbed the thick piece of meat. I glanced at him as he grinned at me and took a bite of the pointed part.

**********************************************************

Her features loosened and she licked her lips as she looked at the tongue.

" It's really good." she said and took another bite of it, suprise and satisfaction in each bite. I knew it was good. Owen, you knew it was good too. Heh, remember the first time we tried it? We were in that small little restaurant in Beijing and I got it. I told you that it was just a regular piece of meat and you ate it, saying it was real good after every bite which made me try it to find that it wasn't so bad. When I told you it was Duck Tongue, you had given me a horrified look like you had just drank poison and were waiting to die. Hah, good times.

**********************************************************

He smirked and shook his head, those hazel eyes wandering away in deep thought. The smirk soon began to fade and was replaced by a chuckle when he looked back up at me before sticking some noodles into his mouth. He seemed awkwardly open as he told me about the time he and my father had tried Duck Tongue in Beijing. I couldn't help the small and short laugh that we had when he told me about the look on my dad's face.

" Your dad.....is one of a kind...." he trailed off like that and I knew that the he had once again expertly made the conversation come to the end without any questions being asked. The usual silence took over the air around us once again and I can't say that I felt awkward about it anymore. I didn't really. In the beginning, it was real awkward. Too awkward. Now I know that silence is something I prefer to have. If me and Logan have a real conversation, like a real real one, then it kind of gets awkward right after, so I guess we keep it to a minimum to avoid any wierd and tense feelings.

The next morning, I enjoyed the quiet drive and watched the bilboard signs that flew by the dark view of the tinted window. I breathed easily as I stretched my hands in the sunlight that had been able to seep in through the tint of the window and smiled. I felt more relaxed today for some reason. More easy going. But my body tensed up as we passed a sign that described the highway we were on.

" Logan, we were on this same highway a couple days ago going East. Why are we going West, now? Why'd we turn around?" I turned over to face him and was not suprised that he didn't answer back but only took a long drag out of the cigar that I was sure did him no good.

I sat back in my seat, trying to relax and ignore the uneasy feeling that conquered my lower stomache. You know the area that gives you your gut feelings? Yeah, that area. And it kind of worried me. I worried even more when I realized that I didn't know what the hell I was worrying about in the first place. It had been about two hours of silence before we exited and passed sign that said " Aliceville City Limits ".

" Aliceville? Hadn't we just come from here a while ago, Logan? Why'd we come back?" I asked him as I took in the familiar scenery. After a minute of staring out of the window, I looked over to him for an answer but only recieved a glance.

His face got even colder as we turned a street corner into the suburban area of the city. My heart clenched as I watched the happy little families having barbeques or just lingering about their beautiful homes surrounded by white pickett fences. Gosh, I miss you Dad.

" Where are we going, Logan?" I asked, hoping to spoil what was coming up but I only recieved a growl and I knew that I was pushing my luck with Logan's patience by prodding too much. I took a few deep breaths as I felt myself getting a little excited from the curiousity of this change of direction. We finally pulled into the driveway of a tall two-story cream house. It had a cute little brown brick roof with another manicured lawn and pickett fence. It looked like any other perfect suburban house, even with the sprinklers going and all.

I followed Logan out of the car and to the white pickett fence that was tall enough to reached my navel and heard a few noises as a little boy ran out of the gate from the house. He had dark little curls that carelessly bounced up and down around his face and lightly tanned skin. His eyes were a bright hazel which complimented that little button nose that scrunched as he laughed. The boy wore little blue denim shorts and a cream t-shirt. As he ran up to the fence, his laughter still dominating all sound that entered our ears, I seen that he wasn't tall enough to turn the knob all the way, but tall enough to to kind of twist it this way and that.

" Logan, I told you not to go outside yet." A woman's voice said in a lecture-ish tone and from the shadows behind the screen gate came Aimee. She wore a long and thin white spring cotton dress that seemed to fit her just perfect. Her eyes once again were dazzling as she walked out from the porch's protection into the sunlight. " I was expecting you to come last night. What happened?" her hands firmly grabbed her hips as she waited for an explanation.

During the short moment as Logan sighed, I had to replay what the woman had just said. Did she call that little boy Logan? Logan.......oh my gosh......it can't be. I looked down at that little boy who ran in circles, the little giggles beginning to get a little old as he ran up behind Aimee and hugged her leg. Those eyes....those eyes are definitely Logan's. Those thin lips can't be Aimee's because her's are full and plump. But they match Logan's.......

" Are you going to let me in or what?" Logan said, and Aimee grinned as she let the fence door swing open. I stared as Logan walked quietly and indifferently into the house. Aimee still stood at the door with a warm smile on her face, baby Logan now in her arms grabbing at her curls.

" Come in. C'mon. Don't be shy." Aimee said as she put her hand on my shoulder and guided me up her porch steps and into her house.

It was very nice. Very simple. As I stepped into her living room, my eyes first caught on the pictures of different men with Aimee on the wall. Ooh, that's not a good sign. The cream colored brick fireplace had studio pictures of baby Logan in his younger years. Logan was sitting on one of the cream colored couches on the far side and I joined him. Aimee sat on the cushioned chair on the side of the couch with a satisfied warm smile.

" Do you guys want anything to drink or eat?" she asked as she bounced the little toddler on her lap. He giggled and leaned back into her chest that had two big bouncing breasts.

We both shook our heads in unision. Aimee gave Logan a meaningful glance before she looked away and he rolled his eyes before clearing his throat.

" We're going to be staying here for a while, Marie. Go get your bags in the car." I wasn't completely shocked for some reason when he said this, but was shocked when Aimee cleared her throat and Logan growled. " This is my son.....Logan."
Chapter End Notes:
I hope that this chapter is okay. I did my best to elongate it so please rate and review! Thanks!