As we walked to the motel from our silent dinner, I smiled, enjoying the light night time breeze that blew in our faces.

" Hey Logan, how long did you know my dad?" I asked as we took our time walking back to the motel. He flicked his cigar and looked down at me, a little grin on his face when he turned away and looked in the night's sky.

" Why do you ask, kid?" he asked, bringing his face to the dark sidewalk ahead of us.

" Well, he talked about you every chance he got. Dad told me about all of your trips together." I said, remembering the times when me and my father sat in the kitchen during dinner while he explained all of his times he spent with Logan.

Logan looked at me now, a warm look on his face with a smile. I suddenly felt all warm inside, as if someone put a heater in my chest.

" Yeah? What'd that old man of yours talk about?" Logan looked straight again, as if the scene ahead of us was a television that was replaying all of the memories with my father.

I smiled and searched my mind for one of the many stories Dad told me, glad that me and Logan were having a regular conversation without any tension.

" Well, I remember that he said that you always got into fights and would drag him in the trouble you'd get in. He said that you two were really good friends. You two traveled everywhere together, dragging eachother one way or another. You guys been around the world more than 3 times and were extremely close." I said, but found difficulty in believing anyone could be real good friends with Logan. Logan chuckled and shook his head, still staring ahead. His cigar was of no more importance as he tossed it away and smiled at me.

" I always got into trouble one way or another, but we'd find a way out of it. I bet we still have people hunting our asses down because of the things that we've done." his smile faded and he looked at his feet as he kept walking, brows furrowed, " Your dad was one sensible man, heh, maybe too sensible and safe for his own good. But he always stuck by my side....." I could tell that he was getting into deep thought.

Not wanting the conversation to end just yet, I chuckled and smiled.

" And you were the dangerous hot-mouth. Big opposites, right?" I said with a soft smile, but he only smirked for a moment before mouthing a, " Yeah..", and I knew the conversation had lost it's fire.

Sighing as we walked into the new motel room, I noticed my luggages already piled on a bed already, which made me grin a little too wide for my own comfort. I made a disgusted face at my own actions as I sat next to my suitcases and kicked off my boots which landed on the plush carpet with a light thud.

I watched Logan make his way over to the window and open it as he lit another cigar. I know he still thinking about my dad because his face showed his thoughts, troubled and sad. Taking a long drag out of the new cigar he had just lit, I felt bad that he didn't say what he felt because I know I start to feel horrible after a while if I kept everything in. Taking a deep breathe, I grinned to try and boost my confidence as I found myself standing up and walking over to Logan. I stopped at what I thought was a safe distance but then shook my head and advanced closer to the point where I could feel his the heat from his back on my chest. I could hear him sigh and look over his shoulder at me, cigar still stuck between his lips.

" What is it, kid?" he said blandly, his eyes not quite able to look into mine since his back was still facing me.

" I-I just wanted to say that if you need to talk....you know...I'm here. I'm willing to listen, Logan, so......yeah." I quietly let out the breathe I had not realized I'd been holding and smiled in accomplishment that I didn't exactly burst in Logan's oh-so-masculine prescence.

He grinned and sighed before he tossed the new cigar out of the window and turned around to me, his face soft and gentle like it had been before.

" Same to you, kid." he said with a smile and pat on my shoulder. The face he had right now was like a piece of artwork. So plain and soft yet with these little intricate pieces that you rarely saw on other people. And that's when I felt that tingle over my body and my legs begin to go limp. I quickly nodded with a warm smile to Logan and went to the bathroom before my legs gave out.

Leaning against the wall, I smiled and looked at myself in the clear mirror that took up the whole wall above the sink.

Dad, you may be dead but please listen to me. Please forget all the negative things I said about Logan. I've found out the if I work slowly at peeling away at his hard-guy exterior, he seems like a good guy. Now, once I do that, I just might start working on peeling away at his fabric exterior too.......Oops, Dad, you weren't suppose to hear that last part....heh....Love ya, Dad!
Chapter End Notes:
I had a really good feeling when I wrote this chapter so I hope that it was alright. Please rate and review-thanks!