Story Notes:
My first fanfic, be gentle. But let me know how I did.
Sooner or later everyone has "one of those mornings". That morning after doing something that you can't believe you did. You don't think about it much, until it hits you right between the eyes the next morning, like the sun shining through the window. Being a girl with deadly skin, it never occurred to me that I would ever have that feeling. Then I took the Cure.

My morning after with Bobby was not the same as this. We had been together for so long, not being able to be physical, that once that obstacle was gone it was going to happen. Then we broke up. We had grown apart. That was a mere two days ago. God, two days. I started feeling worse. Then, I looked to my right. Logan. Logan laying beside me. The images of the night washed over me in waves.

The Previous Night.....

"What are you doing alone out here, kid?" Logan's voice had snapped me out of my daydream. "I'm thinking", sigh, "about...things. I know that breaking up was something that Bobby and I needed to do." Tears stung her eyes. "We broke up because I was tired of fighting and crying, and now I'm crying because he's not here to make me stop." He sat down beside me and pulled me into his arms. "If you need someone to make you stop crying, I'm here. I know that I'm not exactly Mr. Understanding all the time, but I'll try." I lifted my head and looked into his eyes. I'm not sure what I was thinking, maybe I wasn't thinking. I just kissed him. His surprise at my aggressiveness was quickly replaced by something else...want? Need? I don't know. Next thing I knew, I was being led from the garden, into the mansion, up the stairs, and into his room. His lips on mine was the next thing I was fully aware of. Then his hands, all over me, in my hair, wandering roughly up and down my body. We spoke no more words, we just acted. Messy fumbling, fighting buttons and zippers. The sound of tearing fabric. Our moans of pleasure as we finally found ourselves in bed together, without the barrier of clothes. He explored, touched, tasted every inch of my body, as I did his. Our bodies were on fire, sweat slicking them. Finally, I spoke. "Logan, please. Logan" And then we were joined. We moved as one. Holding onto each other so tightly, so desperately. I could feel his fingertips digging into my hips, feel the bruises forming. But nothing was going to make me want him to stop. And he didn't. We barely stopped all night long.

Now, here in the light of day I felt the ache of my body, saw the bruises that came from our passion, and felt utter shame. How could I have ruined the one relationship that had been a constant in my life for so long. What was I going to say when he awoke? What was he going to say? My stomach lurched at the thought that we would never be the same. And Bobby. Two days ago I was his girlfriend. We may not have been happy lately, but there was no love lost between us. Yet, here I was, in another man's bed. His marks of passion all over my body. I didn't think I could feel any worse. Then Logan woke up.

Panic filled my body as my chest tightened. "Hey. Good morning." "Good morning", I said as I blushed and looked down at the bed. "Marie, last night....I just...I hope that you're...well, ok. With what happened." Unsure of what to say, I continued to stare down at the bed. "I am", I said finally. "I just, I'm...not sure what happens next. I don't want things to change between us. I don't want to lose you. I know I started this whole thing. You know the little girl on my shoulder who normally hangs out and nags me when I'm doing something I shouldn't? Well she musta been on vacation last night cus she didn't say a word. Then, this morning, she was right back at her post." I became aware that I was rambling, and he looked utterly confused. And concerned. "Hey, last night was not wrong. We didn't do anything wrong. And I am not going to let you feel bad about anything that happened. I will not lose another person I care about. We are going to make this work. I am going to stick around, I will be the good guy for you." I suddenly became aware of his hands gripping my shoulders tightly, the desperation in his voice. I stared into his eyes and just wanted to make his fears go away. "You have always been the good guy, Logan. Always. You just won't accept it. You keep trying to get there, and you can't even see that you're already there. You won't lose me. I'm not going anywhere." He kissed me deeply and suddenly my fears disappeared. I didn't care about what anyone else thought. I would, no, we would deal with it after we got out of bed, many hours later.