Chapter 6
.
Dies Irea – (Judgement day)

My mind is the clearest it’s been since we were brought to this hell hole so I know I’m awake and not dreaming, but Marie is asleep beside me. She’s covered in blood, her hair’s all tangled and her body is really frail, yet she is the most beautiful sight in the world.

They haven’t taken her, or maybe they did it while I was out and I was still out when they brought her back. It doesn’t look or smell like she’s been taken though but I can’t wake her up, maybe that’s why they’ve left her. Her heartbeats real slow: can’t remember exactly when was the last time I was able to heal her but it must be three maybe four days. My one relief in this god forsaken place and her fuckin’ skin is now denying me it.

I’m not completely healed but there’s no round of fresh drugs in my system and I feel more awake, my senses are much more alive. Either I hadn’t been healing fast enough and they wanted me ready quicker for the next round or they’ve forgotten to dose me. The second of those options doesn’t seem too realistic so I’d have to bet on the first, so they’ll be here for me soon. Well more fool them cause this time I’m ready for them, I gotta chance and I’m not gonna miss it, I have to save her.

“I love you darlin’, you just gotta hold on a bit longer”

I can hear the guards approaching, so I hold real still, acting, waiting. I’m about as ready as I can be. Before I get my chance, I can feel the floor beneath me begin to shake and our cell for the first time is briefly free of its darkness, illuminated by flashes of light.

(( Logan, if you can hear me, the team is on their way, I apologise for the delay; however you will be safe soon my friend.))

(( ‘bout fuckin’ time chuck, thanks for the warning, although it’s a bit after the fact seein’ as how all hell’s just broke loose, I can hear explosions going off all over the place and I’ve just seen one of the guards go flying past our cell with a big hole in him followed by one hell of a bright beam of red light. ))

“SCOTT, GET THE FUCK IN HERE!”

“Thank god, we’ve been looking everywhere; the professor finally got a weak reading from you a few hours ago”

“Cyke get her out; get her safe, she needs help, she wont wake up and her skins off so I can’t heal her”

“What about you?”

“I’ll be there, but I’ve got a promise to keep first” I fire my claws in readiness for the bloodbath about to occur. I watch as Scott gently picks up Marie and I catch his subtle nod of understanding as he leaves to take her out.

My time has come.