Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I usually update quicker than this but my kids were sick with a stomach bug. You know the pea soup scene out of The Exorcist… yeah, that pretty much sums up my life for the past week.

Ok. Here’s the last chapter. I hope you like it. I want to apologize for my attempt at writing smut, lol. Thank you to everyone who read the story and to those of you who reviewed, your kind words meant a lot to me. So, on with the last chapter.

Words in Italic are thoughts.
The bachelorette party started off in a mutant-friendly bar and ended up in one of the rec rooms in the adult wing. Kitty, Jubilee, Theresa, Gigi, Rogue, Storm, Jean, Anya, and Illyana were all having a good time, they even had a few ‘boys’ show up: Jim Bean, Jack Daniels, Jose Cuervo and Johnny Walker Black.

Kitty was wearing a ridiculous veil covered in neon colored condoms and candies in the shape of a certain male appendage, a bright pink fuzzy garter and an x-rated scepter, that Jubilee got her. At first she was embarrassed by it but after a few drinks, she had no problem ripping off some of the candies from the veil and eating them. The girls were each given a feather boa and Mardi Gras type beads to wear. They played silly games of Pin the Hose on the Fireman and drank liquor out of obscene glasses. They opted to not have a stripper, much to Jubilee’s chagrin.

By the time the party wrapped up, Kitty was three sheets to the wind. Jubilee, Storm, Gigi, and Peter’s family stumbled to bed, leaving Jean, Rogue and Theresa to get the now singing Kitty to bed.

“Can’t you, you know, do your stuff to move her?” Theresa asked after the second time they dropped Shadowcat to the floor.

“I can’t walk straight and you want me to use my tela- telekanice- my powers?” Jean hiccupped in replied, and then blushed as she burped. “Oh. Excuse me.”

Rogue was just about to suggest she go find someone less intoxicated to help, when Hank rounded the corner.

“Oh my. What do we have here?” He tilted his head to look at Kitty, who was still on the floor where they dropped her, humming ‘Going To The Chapel’ loudly and off key.

“We kind of dropped her.” Rogue began.

“Again.” Jean finished as Theresa slapped a hand over her mouth to try to smother her laughter.

“Is she injured?” Hank asked as he bent down to check her.

“No, no she’s fine. She’s going to have a hell of a hangover but she’s fine. Can you bring her to her room for us?” Rogue asked, proud she could handle her liquor enough to not slur her words.

“Yes. Of course.” He gathered her up in his arms and started to carry her away.

“Hank.” Theresa called out. After he turned slightly, she continued. “With you here, does that mean the bachelor party finished?” He nodded before walking away. The girls could just make out the sound of Kitty’s snores.

“Well, I’m off. Going to find my man and play ‘the naughty fire starter’” Theresa smiled as she walked off.

“That was too much information, wasn’t it?” Jean asked Rogue as she watched Siryn stumble into the elevator.

“Definitely.”

Jean went to bed and Rogue walked to her room. Once she got to her door, she tried to open it but it was locked. And she heard noises inside. She strained her ears to listen and she heard Jubilee and… Remy.

“Ewww. In my bed.” She whispered as she turned around. “Oh girl, you so are buying me new sheets.”




Logan walked up the stairs, shrugging his jacket off as he went.

After Rogue had left him earlier, he grabbed said jacket and ‘borrowed’ one of Scott’s bike. He visited a bar he knew, not too far from the mansion, where he could get a few drinks and buy into a cage fight. He did both tonight. He made a killing but he didn’t care, he went to clear his mind.

She had kissed him and what a kiss it was, gentle and soft yet passionate. He never thought he could get hard just from a simple kiss. Ever.

As he reached his landing he smelled vanilla and magnolia and… whiskey. That’s right, he thought to himself, she was at the small one’s party and by the smell of it, she drank. He saw her, a few yards from the stairs sitting on the window seat nearest to his room.

“Rogue.” He called out to her.

“Hey Wolverine.” Her eyes were glazed, but her voice was clear and strong. He knew she didn’t ingest enough liquor to be drunk but she was severely buzzed.

“What you doing in the hallway? Shouldn’t you be in bed sleeping off the whiskey?”

“Now, you and I both know it takes more than a few shots to get me drunk.” He nodded. “Anyway, I was sitting here waiting for you. I need to know if my favorite chair is available.”

“It might be. Why?” He crossed his arms in front of his chest causing his shirt to tighten and she smiled.

“I need to sleep in it again.”

“What’s wrong with your bed?”

“Remy’s in it.” She purposely worded it that way to see his reaction. Her heart started to race when she noticed he was livid… and jealous.

“What the fuck is Remy doing in your bed?” She smiled at him.

“Jubilee.” He was confused and it clearly showed on his face.

“What?”

“Remy is doing Jubilee in my bed.” She laughed and was feeling free of the weight she had carried with her all these years.

He raised an eyebrow and smiled as he jerked his head towards his door. She followed him as he walked to his room, feeling giddy and electrified.

She took off her sweater once she was in his room and realized she didn’t want to sleep in jeans and a dress top.

“Umm.. do you have anything I can sleep in?” He nodded and walked towards the dresser in the corner of his room. Please don’t hand me some forgotten garment, some trick left here. That would suck so bad.

“They’re going to be big but it’ll work.” She sighed in relief as he handed her a pair of his black sweatpants and a grey t-shirt.

“Thanks. Can I- can I use your shower?”

“Sure. Help yourself.” He shrugged and watched her walk into his bathroom. He sat at the head of the bed and stared at the door. She was just behind it. Getting naked, getting into his shower, her hands soaping up her body as she cleaned herself. Shit.

He put the TV on hoping it would distract him from his thoughts. It didn’t so he turned it back off. The first time he saw her, he had been attracted to her, how could he not be? She was sexy as hell, even after spending all day traveling. But somewhere along the line she became his best friend and he knew everything there was to know about her. The one thing he didn’t know was if she wanted to be with him and at times he wasn’t sure if he wanted to start something.

He knew this was one woman he couldn’t just have a one night stand or casual sex with. If he was with her it would have to be for the long haul. But would she want that? Would she want to have a relationship with someone who never had one? Someone who, some would call a womanizer? Insecurity is a bitch, he thought.

He heard the shower shut off and soon she opened the door, emerging for the steam filled room in his clothes, covered in his scent and he growled low in his chest.

“Seriously, how you have time to eat and sleep amazes me.” She laughed as she removed her hair from the bun she put it in so it wouldn’t get wet.

“What?”

“I was looking for toothpaste and I opened your second drawer on the left.” His eyes got a little wide. “I never met someone with a drawer full of condoms before. Interesting selection.” She was teasing him. Sort of. It hurt to see how much of an active sex life he had. She wanted to be with him but she wasn’t the type of girl to have a fling. It was either she was his friend or have a relationship with him and goodness knows he wasn’t into those, so friend it was.

“Oh-”

“It’s fine. I was just teasing. So you have a healthy sex life. You should be proud.” He picked up on the slight jealousy in her voice and it gave him hope.

“Not lately.”

“Huh?”

“I haven’t needed them lately. Not since I woke from the coma and started spending all my free time with you.” She looked down, feeling guilty.

“Oh… I’m sorry. You should have said something. I wouldn’t have minded spending time with the girls or someone else so you can-”

“No.” She looked up surprised to see him standing right in front of her. ‘Damn. He’s got stealth down to an art’ “I like spending time with you. Better than spending time with those girls.” He was giving her that look again. The one that made her forget her name.

“What?” she mumbled.

“I don’t give a shit about those girls, most of them I paid and the others were drunken one-nighters. I ain’t- I ain’t too proud of that now.” He struggled to find the right words.

“Why?” he took a step closer and she had to look up to see his face.

“Because for the first time in my life, it matters what someone thinks about me. I – I don’t want you thinking I’m some no good guy who only uses women for sex. Your opinion of me matters. I need to know you don’t think I’m an asshole.”

“I don’t think that.” She brought one hand up to rest on his bicep. “You’re a good guy. So you had a lot of sex. Big deal. And you didn’t use those girls. You told each and every one of them that it was a one time thing. I saw your memories, I know. They knew what they were getting in to.”

“What were you going to say?” She furrowed her brows at him, confused as to what he was talking about. “Earlier, before Scott interrupted us. What were you going to say?” Oh.

“I was going to say… You’re my best friend.” He made a face and her arm fell to her side when he turned away from her. “Hey.” She reached for him again and she walked to stand in front of him when he would turn back to her. “I wasn’t finished. You’re my best friend and the one person who knows me completely. I trust you more than I ever trusted anyone before in my life. I love spending time with you because you make me feel whole again and…” she took a deep breath, figuring it’s now or never. “And… you’re someone I find myself attracted to. Someone I think I might have a future with.”

“Yeah?” He had a smirk on his face and she knew him well enough to know what he really said was ‘me too’.

“Yeah.”

“Good.” He walked closer to her, his hands coming to rest on her hips. “Now, about that kiss.”

It was getting a little difficult to think when he was this close and touching her.

“What about it?” She teased. He watched as her tongue slid out to wet her lower lip. “I-”

His mouth was on hers before she could get out another word. His strong yet tender lips on her delicate soft ones. Her left hand clung to his shirt at his shoulder, her right coming up to play with his hair. His tongue slid into her mouth and he growled when her tongue began to massage his back. The kiss started off soft, sweet even but it quickly became about need and possession.

The hands grabbed at the edge of her shirt and pulled up. She raised her hands and broke the kiss so he could remove the garment completely. She put her hands over his and brought them to her waist again, snaking them into the sweatpants she wore and giving them a small nudge down. Knowing what she wanted from him he closed his eyes and pulled her pants down slowly, letting them pool around her ankles. She stepped out of them and kicked them away.

He took a deep breath to steady himself, he was hard as a rock and his breathing was becoming harsh and he hadn’t even seen her yet. His eyes slowly opened and he drank in the sight before him. She wore a deep green bra and matching boy cut underwear that he thought looked sexy as hell on her. She was biting her lower lip, looking nervous, wondering how she would compare to all the women he’d seen.

“Damn.” His voice was raspy and full of lust. She smiled and then he was on her in an instant, devouring her lips once again. As he kissed her, he steered her to the bed, bending low, not wanting to break the kiss, as she sat on the bed. Pulling back from her he placed a hand on her shoulder and gently pushed her to lie down. He swallowed hard as a wave of possessiveness swept over him; she just looked like she belonged in his bed. She looked right. She looked like… his.

She watched with heavy lidded eyes as he pulled off his shirt swiftly. She couldn’t help it when she let out a whimper. He was an Adonis. Sculpted chest sparsely covered with hair, tan skin, a dark strip of hair from his belly button trailing down into his tight jeans. He pulled off her underwear before crawling up her body slowly, kissing her thighs, hips, stomach, the valley between her breasts, her collarbone, and a spot behind her ear she didn’t know could make her whole body shiver. The feel of his skin on her was driving her delirious with need. She needed to feel all of him, every beautiful inch.

Her hand trembled slightly as she reached for his pants. She had a little trouble with the button but managed it, then brought the zipper down achingly slow. She grabbed the top of his jeans and pulled down as far as she could, then brought her feet up and kicked it the rest of the way down.

He pulled her up, just enough to get his hands around her to unsnap her bra and gently remove it from her body. The whole time he kept mentally reminding himself to go slow with her, to not hurt her, that this one mattered. He kissed that spot behind her ear again and she groaned in disappointment when he moved to kiss her shoulder. He kissed his way down to her breast and she gasped when she felt his tongue slid across a nipple. She was breathing hard, her mind assaulted by the sensations and emotions she was feeling. This was the first time she was doing this since she had control of her skin and it felt a million times better without a barrier.

She could feel the slight roughness of his tongue, the bluntness of his teeth as he nipped her and the soft scrape of his nails as his hands ran up and down her body.

His kisses traveled further down on her body. His breath was on her curls before he stopped. He waited until she locked eyes with his before he slowly licked and sucked at her. Her eyes slammed shut as she felt her orgasm hit, white golden light exploding behind her eyelids. She was panting, trying to catch her breath as he kissed his way up her body again.

She never had an orgasm hit her so fast and so intense before.

He looked down at her and thought he would do anything just to see her like this again. Her hair fanned out on his pillow, a flush across her skin and a satisfied smile on her face.

“Was it- you liked it?”

“Mmmm Hmmmm” She muttered. He groaned as she brought up her pelvis to rub against his, “More please.”

He let out a bark of laughter before kissing her, deeply and fully, while his hand searched his nightstand for a condom. Finding one, he ripped it open and put it on quickly. He positioned himself at her entrance and stopped to ask “Are you sure?” He prayed to an entity that he didn’t believe in that she would say yes because she tasted amazing and he could wait to have he wrapped all around him.

She opened her eyes to look at him and nodded her head yes.

As he pushed into her slowly, she grimaced at the feeling of being stretched but once he was all the way in, she gasped at the complete feeling. He was warm and hard and smooth inside her and it felt like small fireworks were going off inside her lower stomach every time he slid back into her.

He couldn’t remember a time when he almost came just at the sensation of being inside someone. She was wet and tight and perfect. She kept her eyes open and locked on his, which was another thing he never did. He never looked at who he fucked, kept his eyes closed or turned them on their stomachs, but then again this was more than just a fuck for him. There were emotions involved. This whole thing was new to him but he found he enjoyed it, needed it and wanted more of it.

She felt the familiar tighten and warmth in the pit of her stomach that came with her building orgasm. He was close himself, but wanted her to go over the edge with him. He snaked his hand in-between their sweat soaked bodies and rubbed a thumb against her clit. She arched back, tossing her head back but managed to keep her eyes open and locked on his as she cried out his name and came.

She became limp as he pumped into her twice more before growling out her name as he spilled himself into the condom. He rested his weight on his arms, not wanting to crush her with it. She smiled up at him and brought one hand up to caress his face. After he allowed himself to enjoy her touch for a moment, he pulled out of her to rest beside her.

“Damn. That was… damn.” She said out of breath still. She turned to him and gave him a big smile and he knew in that moment he could never live without her.

“I love you.” He felt his heart stop when her smile vanished from her face to be replaced with a shocked expression. She felt her mouth go dry and she swallowed hard. She was convinced she heard him wrong or this was some sick hallucination that happened after mind blowing sex or something along those lines because she knew him well enough, by talking and by seeing his memories, to know he never said that to someone before.

“What?” She was out of breath again, but this time it was at the prospect of having his love.

“I-” He started slowly. You big idiot. He tells you he loves you and you say ‘what?’.

“I love you too.” He was visibly relieved and she loved the smile that spread across his face, lighting up his hazel eyes. He held her close to him, her head on his chest and one leg draped over his. He listened as her breath evened out and she fell asleep.

He couldn’t believe his luck, he thought as he started to succumb to sleep as well. A few years ago, he had nothing but a truck, a fighting reputation and whatever he could afford with the winnings from the cagefights. But now… He had a career that he was proud of (not that he would admit it to anyone but Marie), a roof over his head and the love of a great women. He never thought he would be happy about meeting the X-Geeks, because they led him to his girl.




Everyone knew about the shift in the relationship between Rogue and Wolverine, no… Marie and Wolverine. She had shocked them all when she told them her real name but that she only wanted to be called Rogue. The only one who seemed allowed to call her Marie was Wolverine. The romantic turn in their relationship was apparent when she didn’t sleep in her room the night of the bachelorette party, or the rest of the nights leading up to the wedding.

Her friends were thrilled for her, except Scott, who although kept his word about keeping his mouth shut, didn’t exactly celebrate the couple either, not that she expected him to. Jubilee was the happiest of them, but she had ulterior motives, because with Peter’s brother, Mikhail, rooming with Remy, she now had a place to shack up with him.

Marie stood next to Kitty, her hands full with her own and the bride’s bouquets. Her attention was on Logan, though. She had managed to talk him into attending… sort of. He was leaning against the back door, arms and legs crossed, wearing tight blue jeans and a crisp black shirt, smoking a cigar. The wedding was held out on the school grounds under a huge white tent, sprinkled with lights.

He watched her as everyone else watched the happy couple say ‘I Do’. He watched as her gown danced around her ankles as the wind blew. He watched and listened, thanks to his enhanced senses, as she toasted the happy couple. He thought she looked breathtakingly beautiful in her deep green dress and her brown and platinum hair in wild curls.

After her speech, she slipped away unnoticed to the back door where Logan was sitting.

“Hey stranger.”

“Hey darlin’.” He replied, grinding out his cigar on a step.

“Glad you could make it… kind of.”

“I don’t do crowds.” He said after he took a sip of his beer.

“Good.” She smiled. “Now I have an excuse whenever I want to escape. Hey move over” She sat down next to him, the slit in her gown opening to reveal a creamy white smooth leg. His eyes were glued to it.

“Your dress is going to get dirty.”

“Well,” she began in a suggestive tone “If it does, I’ll just have to take it off then.” He growled then picked up his beer and spilt it on her chest.

“What the-” She managed to say through her laughter.

“It’s dirty. Let’s take it off.” He grabbed her hand and pulled her behind him as he led the way to his room.

“Lead the way, sugar.” She couldn’t believe how happy she was now, how complete and normal she felt. Sometimes the path to happiness is the most unlikely one of them all.