Story Notes:
People pleaded 'SEQUEL' and I thought "Oh yeah, well I've always loved the brilliant works of Lady Kier" and then this happened. A funny fic. Silly, fluffy, funny, dumb. Oh, and probably huge character assassination of poor Kitty Pryde here. Shit I dunno what she's like, I couldn't afford all those damned comics.
I could hardly believe it was happening here of all places. It was all Jubilee's idea. Seriously, that girl is insane. I think all those fireworks shorted out her brain or something. I mean, I was shocked as it was after Logan's performance in the recreation room. I mean he just waltzed in to the middle of the room, practically kicked poor Bobby out of the way and slow-danced the socks off o' poor Rogue. She'll be having wet dreams for weeks! Well, anyone with a head could tell one thing. Logan had it bad for Rogue. I never thought in a million years that it could really be true, I mean when he left and stuff we thought 'Aw, poor Rogue' and like - we thought he was a big brother figure or something you know?

Well hell! If I did with my brother what Rogue did with Logan on that dance floor a week ago, I'd be in jail! Or social services at least, but I'm skippin' off the track here. What happened was - see Jubilee asked Professor Xavier if, during the vacation, if they can put up some pretty lights and decorations in a corner of the recreation room and make it into a sort of make-shift disco. Just something to pass the time. I couldn't believe that he said yes!

Is he insane too?! I mean, he's psychic, he should know the raging hormones running rife in this place. He said that Scott would have to be there. Well yay. Let's get out the sandwhiches and red cordial, huh? To be fair, Mr. Summers is cool. He's just so... uptight. But one thing will spice it all up veeeeery nicely. Logan.

He's like... walking animal magnetism. He could grunt the national anthem and girls would be falling at his feet. Funniest thing is, Rogue just does this little smile. I can barely explain it. She just looks at him, and you can tell she can see right into him, right through him. Her eyes twinkle like something in there is ticking over and she gives this demure little shrug and ignores him. Funniest thing is seeing how much it drives him crazy. He really gets steamed up. He'll twitch, like his brow or something. It's been getting worse, all this, ever since that dance.

God, you'd think they're like, mating birds or something. The ones in little islands in the middle of the sea that flap their feathers and do this elaborate dance, the same dance over and over. Kinda sad really.

Beautiful too, though. Very beautiful. Like watching an old movie on replay. Here's lookin' at you Kid... now pick up that spilt cereal and let me ruffle your hair very very carefully. Sheesh. If I were anyone else it'd probably be sickening.

There I was though, right then, the very first Official Make-shift Disco Bash at Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted. Man, I had to wonder if there was something more important we should've been doing like, hunting out needy mutants or something. Instead Scott was drooling over Jean in a slim red dress that Logan had an all too easy time of ignoring completely.

I was there in jeans and a low-cut top, hair gelled and glitter on my face. Bobby was next to me, small smile on his face, eyes affixed to the brunette haired beauty with the platinum slivers around her face, a sheer long brown dress going right down to her ankles, a soft silky scarf around her neck (she wants Logan to fondle her waddle again, I can tell) and past-the-elbows silk gloves. How can she look so good in that? Half the guys in the room are practically falling over themselves to dance with her. Even the new guy, Remy, is making goo-goo eyes from across the room. Damn it all. He's cute too. I have to sigh and ignore it, I suppose.

I ventured out onto the dance floor for a bit of a bop, there were some newer songs on the stereo. A few boys made a very firm note of changing it when Mr. Summers put on some music from his 'teens' and started dancing with Jean really really scary like. All robotic and stuff and - blech! Wolverine smirked and sucked on his cigar. That's even blechier than the dancing though.

That was over soon though, and we kept dancing. Bobby came close to Rogue, but it was really really hilarious watching him trying to emulate Logan's superior moves from the previous week. Rogue smiled patiently and politely, but her eyes would occasionally shift over to the hazel set that watched her keenly on the other side of the room. She's got it just as bad for him. It's funny to watch, definitely.

My favourite song came on next, and that's when things got really crazy, cause it's a lot of people's favourite song. Including Mr. Summers apparently. He was dancing full-on, and it was infectious, cause the students were cutting loose too. Rogue was rolling and twirling like a belly-dancer or something. She had the moves, that's for sure, and Wolverine watched her from afar, sitting there in the corner, smokin' his cigar. It was obvious she only wanted to dance with him. She would swap partners again and again, disatisfaction fluttering on her face. It was while the song was raring up that she burst from the throng of bobbing bodies and grabbed Logan's hand.

She just - grabbed it! And pulled him up to his feet, and he was really shocked! God, that look on his pretty mug was priceless!! She gave that grin again, the winning one that obviously turned Logan to putty in her hand, and pulled him to the centre of the floor. Bobby's face fell only slightly. I mean, he'd never give up on Rogue, I could tell.

The woman singing on the CD, Lady Kier, was wailing, as she eternally would by the magic of digital recordings.

The chills that you spill up my back
Keep me filled with satisfaction
When we're done
Satisfaction of what's to come...


Rogue slid her body up and down against Logan's... man, she was getting him back for last week!! I laughed, watching the older man boil up, Mr. Summers' dancing slowing and his face growing stern.

I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another...


She shook her head and mouthed the words, pretending to be the woman singing, her eyes pulling Logan in like a hungry stray after last night's leftovers. Suddenly, she shimmied, at first upright then down the length of Logan's body, not touching him, just teasing him. He closed his eyes, just standing there. He wasn't dancing... he was being embarrassed. Oh man...

Jubilee ran over to me, whispering harshly in my ear. "Why doesn't she just give him a lap dance and get it over with?!"

"Who knows," I replied.

The really amazing thing is, Logan finally had had enough. He grit is teeth, and laid his hands on her waist again, doing that slow dancing but to the fast music. I can't explain it very well, but he looked really cool doing it. Not a doofus at all. Unlike Mr. Summers', who was getting really P.O.'d by now.

Your groove I do deeply dig
No walls only the bridge
My supperdish
My succotash wish...


Bobby practically died when Rogue slapped her bottom playfully and flicked her hair around. Logan just pretended to ignore it, doing something creative with her other arm. Winding it around him I think... yeah there he went. He was awfully good at twirling her about and making her look like a princess. Rogue kept breaking away though, dragging her body over his with a brilliant innocent smile. Well, you go girl!

I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another...


A sixties-eque synth-whistle rose and fell up and down the octaves and Rogue made her body do this amazing wave from head to toe that sent Logan's eyes popping from his skull. I don't blame him. I'd seen this song's film-clip a hundred times and I could never get that body-roll that Lady Kier did at that part. Rogue did do it however, and now she skipped on the spot, stepping and kicking, her breasts bouncing enticingly in front of Logan like breakfast in bed. Mr. Summers was gonna do some major ass kicking tonight.

DJ soul was on a roll
I been told he can't be sold...


Right then, Rogue spun herself around, facing away from Logan, shaking her head and giving a full on hip-shimmie. A lot of kids like me had stopped dancing, just absently bopping whilst watching this... performance piece.

He's not vicious or malicious-

Rogue grinned, spinning around again and grabbing Logan's hands, her gloved fingers slipping over the dips in Logan's knuckles where dormant claws lay...

Just de-lovley and delicious!

Oh God! She licked her lips and gave a silent giggle that Logan just gave this slack-jawed gulp at. She was in control tonight.

I couldn't ask for another!

The space between them was just - gone - as a rapping middle eight began. Logan seemed to gather some of his seemingly obliterated senses and began to do some seriously freaky shit right back at her. He skid his hands over her body, playing at her own game, spinning her about suddenly, white bolts fluttering wildly, lifting her into the air and throwing a few jitterbug moves into the mix just to make things interesting. The really really cool thing was - Rogue knew what he was going to do next. She must have or she would have fallen on her ass by now.

The final chorus began to party on, the beat true and incredibly funky. The fiery couple who had now all but dominated the floor were like a working unit. The only thing seperating Logan and Rogue was demin and silk. Their moves were a ripple of cause and effect, curve and rough, lust and chastity. I swear, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.

Luckily, the last chorus began to run to a close cause Cyke was getting seriously pissed off. He stood there with his hands planted on his hips, pursing his lips real tight.

The deep bass rang out, the sub-woofers making the floor shudder from the volume, and slowly, damn nigh eroticly, Rogue slid herself off of Logan's leg, a long grin taking her face. It was funny then cause the room was dead silent. The CD had stopped and waited for new plastic to read and the kids were all totally dumbstruck. Cyclops just scowled at Logan, but Logan was too busy gawking at Rogue who looked as if she'd had her fill for the night. She turned, caressing Logan's hand a bit before letting it go, traipsing from the room like a lazy panther. Logan barely moved. He just stood there.

"What the hell was that?" Mr. Summers practically whined, pointing at where Rogue had been.

"Beats me," Logan shrugged, his hazel eyes swimming, alive, "One lesson and she thinks she's Ginger Rogers."

"Ginger never danced like that!" Scott said, and Logan smirked.

"How do you know?"

Scott stopped, taking in his bottom lip, letting Logan amble from the recreation room in a rather laid back manner. He'd probably chase down Rogue, I'll bet. Mr. Summers shook his head, pointing after the sultry pair.

"That is how NOT to dance at school socials!" he announced, his voice barely hiding a tremble of pure shock. He turned to a quiet Jean, who seemed to mumble something to him. They walked off after that, towards the way to the lower levels. Probably to tell the Professor what happened.

I don't know, really, but to me, they looked so perfect together. They did. I get the feeling Mr. Summers and Dr. Grey are worried about Rogue, but they shouldn't worry about her, not really. They don't even have to worry about Logan either. I've seen both of them without the other. They're shaky, fidgety, forgetful and rather unhappy. Together though, they seem to be able to live barely normal lives. I have to wonder if Mr. Summers understands that.

I do.

I went to bed after that. It was only 10:30, but hell, if you can come up with something that beats The Basics of Jitter-Funk with Logan and Rogue, I'll down the Jolt and oblige you.



Groove Is In The Heart.
Deeelite.
We're going to dance (x3)
And have some fun

The chills that you spill up my back
Keep me filled with satisfaction
When we're done
Satisfaction of what's to come
I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another
Your groove I do deeply dig
No walls only the bridge
My supperdish
My succotash wish
I couldn't ask for another
No I couldn't ask for another

CHORUS:
Groove is in the heart (ah-ah-ah-ah) (x2)
Groove is in the heart
Groove is in the heart (ah-ah-ah-ah)

The depth the hula groove
Move us to the nth hoop
We goin' thru to
Horten hears a who-ooh
I couldn't ask for another (x2)
DJ soul was on a roll
I been told he can't be sold
He's not vicious or malicious
Just de-lovley and delicious
I couldn't ask for another

CHORUS.

1 2 3 be-ooh-ooh
Na-na-na-na-na
REPEAT TWICE

Groove is in the heart (ah-ah-ah-ah ne-na-na-na-na)