Westchester, New York
Xavier's school


"Why won't you tell me where he is? It's been nearly four years, with no word from him. He could be dead or in trouble. I know he keeps in touch with you,Professor. Please tell me where he is." Charles debated about telling Rogue what little he knew about Logan's whereabouts. As much as he would like to ease her mind. He had promised Logan he wouldn't tell anyone,especially Rogue. Against his better judgement, he had kept that promise. When Rogue saw that he was not going to answer, she stormed out of the library. The shattered remains of the door left hanging in her wake.



"Fuck...Fuck ...Fuck! The professor is still treating me like a child. For gawds sakes, I'm 21 years old. I'm old enough to drink, drive and screw, but apparently not intelligent thought. Well to hell with him then, I'll go find him myself." Throwing a few changes of clothes and some basic necessities into a leather backpack, Rogue opened up her window and flew north. As she flew above the school's gates, she could see Remy getting out of his jeep. He must have sensed she was around, because he looked up and gave a startled wave. She got a chuckle out of doing that to him and the others. They still weren't used to her new powers. At first she had been angry that a new psyche and set of mutant gifts had been forced on her. Now she was grateful, because it gave her the means to do what she needed to do. "Screw them and their precious Blackbird, I got my own personal mode of transportation." A bit of Logan slipped out for a moment and she found herself returning his wave with the one fingered variety.



A small eskimo village, several miles from the Canadian coast

The scenery in front of her was just like what she had encounterd in every small town and village, since crossing the Canadian border. Each new place blended into the other, until it was all becoming a snow covered blur. She couldn't count all the seedy bars and fight clubs, her search had led her to. Rogue was almost ready to give up and return to a warmer climate, when she had heard the rumors. Tales about a wild man, who had beaten a string of fighters a mile long. The called him the "King of the Cage". The description fit Logan to a tee. The fact that he had returned to cage fighting, made her feel sick inside. Her first memory of Logan was of him fighting a man twice his size, in that little shit hole town of Laughlin. A smile teased the edges of her mouth, as a vision of his naked chest crossed her mind. "He just has to be here." she thought.



The fights over for the night, Logan sat at a corner table nursing his whiskey. Very few people remained when the action was through. Reaching into his coat he pulled out a half smoked cigar and fumbled for his lighter. A small gloved hand reached out with a lighter. "Can ah offer you a light, stranger?"

Logan followed the leather clad arm up and looked directly into the face of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. It took only a split second for him to realize, he knew this woman. "Marie?"

"Yeah, Logan it's me. I see you haven't changed a bit in the last four years. Still smoking stale cigars and kickin ass."

Logan's mouth hung open, as he took in the changes that had taken place in his little Marie. Clad head to toe in black leather, she looked like something out of a biker's wet dream. Her hair had grown down practically to her waist and the streaks of silver seemed to glow next to the auburn tresses. Never much on words in the first place, he was having a hard time getting his voice to work. A strangled "Marie?" was all her could utter.

"Logan, you get hit in the head or somthin? We already established who I am remember. Me....Rogue......You ....Wolverine...ugh ugh!" Rogue pounded her chest for good measure. That didn't have the effect she was looking for either, in fact drawing his attention to her matured bust only compounded his silence. Finally her anger took over and she hauled back and slapped him. Whack. He went flying back out of his chair and hit the wall with a thud. "I fly all over hell's half acre looking for your ass and I can't even get a simple hello? Why did I even bother. Hell, I'm surprised you remembered my name at all." Reaching down the front of her leather halter, she pulled the metal chain from between her breasts. Ripping the dogtags off her neck she threw them at the stunned man on the floor. As she turned to leave she heard him whisper "Hello kid. I missed ya."



"You staying or going lady, cause I'd like to close sometime tonight." Before Rogue could answer Logan growled, "The LADY is staying. Gotta problem with that?" Knowing what the cage fighter was capable of, the barkeep quickly backed away. "Uhh...can I get you a drink then...M'am? Rogue shot a cold look at Logan and ordered a straight whiskey. Returning to the table, she flipped the chair around straddling it as she leaned forward. "You take a lot for granted, Logan. Maybe I wanted to leave."

"But you didn't, so lower your hackles a minute and let me explain something, alright?" When she nodded slightly he continued. "First off...I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. I had every intention of coming back sooner, but things kept coming up."

"Oh yeah, I could see how beating a guy's brains in every night could be time consuming."

Logan quirked his eyebrow and leaned back in his chair. "Where the hell is the soft spoken girl I used to know?"

"She grew up, Logan. In ways you can't even imagine. A lot has changed in the last four years. But...oh that's right, you weren't there to see it. How could I forget?"

"God dammit, Marie! I wish I had been there, instead of in this frozen hell hole, but you know how much finding my past means to me. It's just taking a lot longer then I thought. Even the professor has hit a brick wall." The bartender arrived with her drink and began pouring a glass.

"Just leave the bottle, bub!" Rogue commanded.

"I see you still carry around some of my finer qualitys, darlin." Logan raised his glass to Rogue's and watched her down the amber liquid in one gulp. "Among other things, DARLIN!" This new Rogue was not what he had invisioned for the woman child he had left at Xavier's school. "Care to see something else I have of yours?" Logan was almost afraid to agree, but curiosity got the better of him. "So..show me." He watched as her brow furrowed in concentration and she removed her gloves. The sickening sound of ripping flesh and bone scraping against bone made his eyes widen. A set of long bone blades protruded from between her knuckles. "How the hell are you doing that?!" he yelled. The blades receeded leaving small, bleeding cuts that quickly vanished. "The professor has been teaching me to harness my powers. I just concentrate on which power I've borrowed and Voila! You should have seen the look on Remy's face the first time I used it on him."

Logan was still reeling from what he saw, when the question popped out. "Who the hell is Remy?"

Rogue set her gloves on the table beside her and refilled her glass. "He came to the school a year or so after you left. We go out once in a while. First time he tried to kiss me, they just popped out. Since then Charles has been helping me control it and my other powers." She could see he was curious, but at this point she didn't feel like revealing any more to him. Just being here with him again was an assualt to her senses. That special combination of Old Spice and cuban cigar scent that surrounded him was playing havoc to her nerves. Downing her fourth glass of whiskey, she started to feel a little light headed. "You know a place around here where I can stay. I think it's past time for me to get some sleep." Logan stiffled a grin at her attempt to conceal her insobriety.

"All right darlin, we can finish this conversation tomorrow. Come with me, I have place and you can crash there." Trying to stop the spinning in her head as she stood up, she grasped Logan's shoulder. When she went to pull back, he stopped her taking her hand into his own. He could feel her heat even through the coarse wool of his gloves. Less then friend-like thoughts that had been intruding into his thoughts since she had arrived, came forward full throttle. "Can you control ALL your gifts?" Her whiskey soaked mind tried to wrap around his meaning. He could he be asking what she thought he was? "You talkin 'bout my poison skin?"

"UMM...yeah, that's what I meant."

"That was the first thing I learned to control, otherwise all those back seat sessions with Remy could have been fatal," she grinned.

"More information then I wanted, darlin." The thought of her and some other man infuriated him. Wrapping his arm around her waist he pulled her up against his chest. Twining one hand into the mass of hair he leaned in and kissed her. Her lips opened to accept his tongue as it explored her mouth, teasing her own. Just as quickly as the kiss started, it ended.

"I'm so sorry, Marie. Shit. Come on." Still holding her hand he led her out of the bar. If he had looked back, he would have seen a apology had not been necessary. Rogue's face was lit up in a very big smile.

It wasn't until they got to the door of his cabin that he thought to ask the question of how she had gotten there. Because of the heavy snow all the roads had been closed as well as the heliport. "Marie?"

"Yes, Logan?"

"How did you manage to get way out here without transportation?"

That was not the word she had hoped would come out of his mouth. Of course, 'I love you and worship you,' were a bit premature at this stage. With the imps of mischief dancing in her eyes, she decided to show him. Stepping behind him, she wrapped her arms around his waist. "Hows 'bout I show you instead?" With that she lifted them off the ground until they hovered a few feet above the cabin's rooftop.

"I take it this is one of those OTHER powers you were referring too? Can we go back down now, I get the idea."

Feet now firmly on the ground again Logan turned and faced her. "I did miss out on a lot, didn't I?"

"You sure did, shuga. You sure did."

Logan shook his head sadly and unlocked the door. They walked inside and Logan quickly walked over to the fireplace searching for something to keep his mind off the beautiful woman now sitting on his couch. Once the fire was set and filling the room with its heat, he took her hand and led her to the bedroom. "You take my room. I'll sleep on the couch." Seeing the fire's flames reflecting in her eyes he added. "Lock the door behind you or I won't be held responsible for what happens."



The snow had finally stopped falling and the main road was now passable. This meant new blood for the fighting cage and a useful release for Logan's pent up frustration. Living under the same roof with Rogue for the past few days had been both heaven and hell. The days were spent scouting the area for abandoned military bases, like the one at Alkali lake. The nights were spent sitting at the bar talking about all the things he had missed out on and there were a lot. He cursed himself for not being there for her when she needed him most. He could only imagine the hell she had gone through after absorbing that woman's powers. Knowing she had literally killed her, even though her body was technically alive. It would be enough to drive any other person insane, but not his Marie. That was another thing. When had he started thinking of her as "his Marie?" He didn't know for sure, but he did know how much he wanted to make her his. After leaving the bar each night they would sit on the couch and one thing would lead to the other. They would both end up so hot and bothered that the windows would actually steam up. But at some point they would have to end it and go to their seperate beds. That couch was getting damn uncomfortable, especially knowing that she was just in the next room. So, here he sat, waiting for the first of many truckers, bikers etc.. to try their luck against the King of the Cage. He just wished that Rogue didn't insist on coming to watch. Knowing she was there had actually gotten him hurt. While in the middle of a fight, he saw some liquored up lumberjack coming on to her. It was all the distraction his opponent needed to place a well timed kick to his nuts. He was already suffering from a major case of "blue balls" and didn't need any more pain in that area. So, long story short, his guy ended up on the cage floor (a bloody mess) and so did Marie's.

"Logan, quit worrying about me. I can take care of myself. You should know that by now. Concentrate on the fight, cause the next guy that sucka punches you is gonna have to answer to me." Rogue punctuated her words with a quick kiss on his nose and a light punch on his arm.

"Alright, darlin, but any of them fellows give you any trouble I....." Rogue interrupted him with a glare, "will put all my money on you." he finished with a grin.

"That's what I thought you were gonna say. Besides I need you all in one piece for what I have planned later."

Logan wasn't sure if he liked the sound of that, but the gleam in her eye told him otherwise. Maybe that old couch was going to get to retire after all.



Rogue winced as the big truck driver nailed a clean right hook into Logan's jaw. She itched to hop in the ring and show him a thing or two, but Logan had it well in hand. A couple of well placed punches of his own ended the match quickly. She stood up and cheered, giving hard stares to the hecklers in the room. They all gave "The King of the Cage's woman" a wide berth, when she walked to the cage door.

"You were wonderful as usual, sugah! Now what you say we get outta here, while the nights still young?"

"I like the way you think, darlin. Let's go." Grabbing his shirt and jacket he followed her out into the cold night.

"You better bundle up good, Logan 'cause I'm taking you on a ride." The images that provoked caused a visible growth in his already tight jeans.

"O.K...I'll bite. Where we going?"

"If I told ya, it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?"



Rogue held on tight around Logan's waist as they flew over the tree tops and up into the mountains. "Couldn't we have taken a truck or something. I'm never gonna get used to this flying business." Rogue laughed and was tempted to do a little aerial ballet, but thought better of it. She wanted him drooling over her tonight, not the porcelein throne. "Where we are going would take hours in an SUV. Trust me, just close your eyes, sugah. We will be there in two shakes, I promise." Sure enough a few minutes later Logan spotted their destination. What looked to be a old monastery nestled in the valley between two mountains. "You trying to tell me something here, darlin. I hate to break it to you, but I ain't monk material."

"God I hope not!" she laughed. "It's not a working monastery anymore. It's sort of a retreat for rich folks now. A few of the old monks still work there on the grounds and such, but otherwise its basically a fancy hotel."

"How in the hell did you find this place?" Happy to be back on the ground again, he was tempted to drop down and kiss the dirt. Instead he stared into her eyes as he waited for her to answer.

"Well the other night while you were fightin, I made a few bets. This one old guy bet me his weekend pass here, that you was gonna lose. He must not have seen you fight before or something, cause otherwise he wouldn't have made that bet. Funny thing though, he actually seemed pleased that he lost. Go figure those old eccentric types."

"Yeah, go figure. Well let's get inside before we are both a couple of popsicles." As if anything on him could be cold after the last 30 minutes pressed up against her. He feigned a shiver for effect as they opened the massive doors and walked inside.



The entry was breathtaking. A huge chandelier, with candles instead of electric bulbs, hung suspended over head. The wall were covered with everything from beautiful paintings to ornate tapestries. They were almost afraid to walk on the massive oriental rugs that covered the stone floor. It was almost as if they had stepped back in time, into a fairy tale castle.

"Can I help you two?" A very distinguished looking gentlemen asked politely.

"We have a reservation, it's under Winthorpe." Rogue handed him the passes the old man had given her.

"Ah yes, Mr. Winthorpe told us to be expecting you. You must be Marie, follow me." Rogue stiffled a giggle as Logan rolled his eyes at the man's pompous airs.

He led them up a winding stairway and down a candlelit hall. They were beginning to wonder if the place had electricity at all. Their worries were over as the man ushered them into a very modern suite. The one room was bigger then Logan's entire cabin.

"If there is anything you need, just pull the bell cord and someone will come right away. Enjoy your stay." They waited until the man was out of ear shot to burst out laughing.

"If there is anything you need, just pull the bell cord and....." Logan's attempt at mockery brought fresh tears to her eyes and her side nearly split from laughing. "I thought the old goat was gonna pass out on those stairs. What you say we take a look around our chamber, ma lady?"

Rogue struck a quick bow and placing her hand in his replied, "yes, my lord."

Rogue nearly squealed with delight when she entered the bedroom. Snuggled neatly in the corner was a steaming hot tub, big enough for a small army. The bed was made of mahogany with four polsters draped in white linen. Logan only had eyes for Rogue. He watched as she sprinted over to the hottub and dipped her hands into the water. When he moved towards her, she playfully splashed him. When his eyebrow shot up, she knew she was in trouble. With a playful growl, he picked her up and tossed her clothes and all into the tub. When she shot up out of the water and floated a good five feet above him, he knew it was payback time. The kind of payback became apparent, when she started to strip off the wet clothes and toss them at him. Logan was rooted to the spot as layer by layer the clothes hit the floor at his feet. Deciding that two could play at that game, he began to pull off his jacket. It quickly turned into a psuedo pillow fight with clothes flying all over the room. Rogue taunted him as she moved back and forth over his head, just out of reach. Before they knew it, they were both down to their underwear. If you could call what Rogue had on underwear, that is. All the playing ceased when Logan got his first real look of the woman under the layers. The black satin bra barely contained her overflowing breasts and the matching panties were a mere wisp of material covering the treasure beneath. Her whole body was a delightful mix of feminine curves and taught muscle. Logan's already painful erection was nearly bursting out of his flannel boxers. As she floated back down beside him, he could barely catch his breath. He could hear her heart pounding in her chest almost in time with his own.

"God, you're beautiful!" her words echoed his own thoughts.

"I've been called a lot of things, darlin, but never beautiful. Your the one with that title. Now come here!" He reached out to pull her to him, but she stepped away. Once more stepping up on the tub's rim, she reached around and unfastened her bra. The panties quickly followed before she stepped into the tub. With her hair falling down to cover her breasts she reached out to him, looking like the mythic sirens calling sailors to their doom. Her eyes strayed downward as he removed the last obstacle between them and joined her in the steaming pool. No words were necessary as they sank down into the water in each others arms.

He pulled Rogue into his lap and grinned when she gasped. If there was ever a doubt that he wanted her, it was gone now. The proof lie nestled against her stomach. Unable to wait a second longer, he claimed her lips in a passion filled kiss. Her hands slid around his neck as her breasts slid across his chest. The coarse hair tickling her sensitive flesh. Logan groaned into her mouth, when her hands began to explore his body. Her fingernails gliding gently over his tight stomach, before coming to rest on his raging manhood. He nearly bolted out of the water at her touch. Determined to pace himself, he lifted her from his lap and sat her on the side of the tub. Kneeling between her legs he began kissing her neck and shoulders. Licking the warm water that dripped down her chest and curled around her nipples.

"I don't know...aaaah..how much..more...of this I can take Logan! I need you. I want you to make me a woman, your woman."

Looking into her eyes he picked her up and stepped out of the tub. Leaving a trail of water behind them, he carried her to the bed. Logan vowed before the night was over, he would know every wonderful inch of her body and she would know his. But first he had to put his brand on her, so that no one could take her away from him. Gathering her into his arms, he slowly entered her, nearly howling as the tight sheath wrapped around him. Her soft cries begged him to finish what he had started and with one hard thrust he pushed threw the last obstacle and made her his. Stiffling her brief cry of pain with his kiss, he waited for the pain to ebb away. When her hips arched towards him he knew that she was ready. Their bodies clashed over and over until together they cried out their release.

Tears of joy ran down her cheeks. She was so happy, that she was finally where she had yearned to be for so long. Wrapped up in the arms of the man she loved and believed loved her in return. Logan leaned over and kissed the tears away, before claiming her lips. Passion's flames slowly igniting once more, they spent the night in carnal bliss.



A thin stream of light broke through the pitch black of the room. On the wall a set of eyes stared at the sleeping couple entwined together. The shutter closed returning the painting back to its normal state as the sound of retreating footsteps whispered through the hall.



Winterhaven Retreat
Canada


A disembodied voice came through the old rotary telephone asking, "are you sure it's him? This better not be another waste of my time, Murdoch."

The spindly old caretaker looked to make sure no one was around and answered, "yes, sir,it is definately him. Your no#115 is right here at the retreat. The young lady is with him as well. What would you like me to do with her?"

"She is of no consequence. Get rid of her!"



"Loooogan....wake up darlin, ah got somethin for ya." Rogue took the small feather that had escaped from one of the pillows and began teasing his nose.

"I got something a lot more interesting for you to tickle, love." Logan's eyes popped open, startling Rogue as he flipped her over onto her back. She began laughing histerically, when he stole the feather and began torturing the soles of her feet. The fact that they were both bare ass naked, didn't faze them in the least. After the night of passion they had shared, modesty was unnecessary. Logan began running the tiny feather up her leg, past the inside of her calves, before stopping at her navel. The feather was replaced by tiny, wet kisses. Just as Logan was beginning to head south a knock was heard at the door.

"Breakfast is served." The caretaker pushed the heavily laden cart over to the dining table. He seemed to pay no attention to the hastily dressed couple, as he laid the food out for them.

"Hey Bub, we didn't order any breakfast!" Logan's growl had no effect on the old man, as he continued at his task. "It's compliments of the house, sir." With that he backed out of the room, leaving Rogue struggling not to laugh. Logan was used to illiciting a fear filled response from his fearsome growls and the little man had only ignored him. The confused look on Logan's face was priceless.

"I am hungry, sugah. What say we eat a little somthin, then go explorin'?"

"I guess I could use something to eat. I do need to rebuild my energy, after last night." His eyebrow quirked at the blush starting to redden her cheeks.

The two of them sat down and uncovered their respective trays. Rogue's was loaded with fresh fruit, cottage cheese, french toast and a soft boiled egg. Logan's was filled with artery clogging fried steak, eggs and hashbrowns.

"Did you arrange this, Marie?"

"Not me, sugah. I geuss they just figured you for the meat and potatoes type."

Rogue poured them each a cup of steaming hot coffee and settle down to eat. About half way through the meal, she began to feel very sleepy. Logan began to yawn as well, but neither said anything, assuming it was just the late night catching up with them. When the room started to spin, a more alarming thought occured to them. In unison they pushed the food away and whispered. "It's drugged."

The words barely out her mouth, Rogue's head began to loll to the front and she fell out the chair to the floor. Logan rushed to her side, but his body was no longer cooperating. He fell face first onto Rogue's unconsious form.



A sickly green light was eminating from the water filled chamber. Inside, the still form of Wolverine floated in a maze of wires and diodes. An oxygen mask was fastened around his nose and mouth. This prevented the angry screams that filled his mouth from reaching the ears of his captors. His eyes darted from one side of the room to the other, looking for any sign of Marie. He wasn't sure if her not being here was a good sign of not. His mind was muddled from the massive amounts of drugs they were pumping intrevenously into his system. Logan's body would not respond to any of his silent commands, leaving him completely helpless. It was his nightmare made real and knowing that Marie was also here, made it 100 times more frightening.



Rogue woke up to find herself chained to a moss covered wall, with the sound of rats scurrying around her. She tried to force the cobwebs from her mind and remember how she got there. The last thing she could recall was sitting down to breakfast with Logan. "Oh my gawd, Logan! Where is he? Where the hell am I?" She could only assume that she was still somewhere in the massive walls of the retreat. Her mind slowly clearing, she decided to test the strength of her bonds. Apparently their captors didn't know about her powers, because the chains gave way with little effort. Concentrating on Magneto's power over metal, she was able to rid herself of the cuffs as well. Now she had to find her way out of here and get to Logan.



Fading in and out of consciousness, Logan watched the men bustling about the room. At one point they froze in their work, as another man entered. Flashes of a similar scene began racing through his mind. A slightly younger version of the man, standing over him with a surgical scalpel. The pain that followed and the helpless fury as he and others celebrated their success with champagne, Logan thought his brain would explode as he realized he was once again being used as a guinea pig. This was where it had happened. The place of his rebirth and torture. Angry tears mixed with the fluid surrounding him and his mind cried out for help. "Marie!"



Rogue stopped in her tracks when Logan's voice began screaming into her mind. He was in serious trouble and her only thought was to get to him. Racing up the worn out stairway, she tried to answer his call. "I'm coming, my love. I'm coming!" When she reached the door, she didn't stop to check whether is was locked or not, and simply busted through it. The fact that there was no one guarding it confirmed her earlier suspicions. They didn't know she was a mutant, a very pissed off and powerful mutant.



"I'm coming, my love. I'm coming!" her thoughts mingled with his own and hope flared in his chest. Rogue was safe and she was coming for him.



Winterhaven Retreat
Canada


The tapestry laden halls felt as if they were closing in on her. Each passageway resembled the next in a never ending maze and Logan's voice was her only guide. But, now that voice was silent and she prayed that is wasn't too late.



"Where are you, my love?" The dark swirling waters in his mind grew blacker and blacker. Coherent thought was nearly impossible as he tried to concentrate. His eyes burned when he struggled to open them. Only pale shadows were visible of the world outside his watery tomb. The scientist sat around their computer screens, watching as his body began to fail.

"Professor, his body is rejecting the replication syrum. The stress to his heart is at near fatal levels. We have to stop or the subject will go into cardiac arrest."

"Increase the syrum level. We have to finish the experiment. I've waited almost 20 years to finish what we started and I'll be damned if we will stop now. If this works, he will be indestructible. Can you imagine the power we will yield ? A mutant with a body of pure adamantium. The possibilities are limitless."

Logan's groan was muffled inside the oxygen mask. "Marie!"



Rogue's head turned to look around her. It was his voice again. Faint, but definately him. "Hold on, Logan. I'm almost there." Heading in the opposite direction she found a dead end. Or was it? Pressing her ear to the wall, she could hear the low hum of electricity and whispered voices. She began looking for some sort of switch to open a hidden door. After a few minutes of searching she had had enough. "Fuck it, I'm doing it your way Logan!" Summoning all her strength she shoved at the door. When it wouldn't budge she concentrated once again on Erik's power over metal. Soon the wall began to shake and the wood fascade splintered into a million pieces. Showering her with tiny wooden arrows that imbeded in her skin. As she thought, there was a steel door behind it and it bowed out, allowing her entrance. Stepping inside she stared at the startled men inside. Letting out a feral growl that Logan would be proud of, she released the Wolverine inside her. The long bone claws ripped through her knuckles. "What, afraid of a lady?" she taunted. The old caretaker stood in the corner and shouted at the men to attack .



"Oh God! She came, I wasn't just dreaming after all. Although it took all his energy to do so, he forced his eyes to stay open. She was magnificent! The men rushed at her at once and she flung them away like irritating flies. He cringed as one of the men came up on her from behind with a syringe. He tried to call out to her, but it wasn't necessary. In a split second the man was laying on the floor with three bloody wounds in his chest. The claws retracted into their sheath and she walked over in front of him.

"Logan, are you alright?"

When he didn't answer, Rogue reared back and thrust her fist through the glass shell. The liquid inside came rushing past her feet, as Logan fell into her arms. He was unconscious. Rogue pulled the mask away from his face and cradled his head in her lap. A small movement beside her brought the caretaker back to her attention.

"You did this, you bastard! Why? Why?"

"I can answer that."

The gentleman from the card game walked out of the shadows. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Braddock. Logan here was my greatest achievement, until he escaped that is. Now you don't really think, I'm going to let him get away again do you?"

"I don't give a shit what you think, professor! Logan is coming wih me!"

Before the professor knew what was happening, Rogue wrapped her arms around Logan and flew up through the lab ceiling.

When they had cleared the mountains around the retreat, Rogue felt it was safe to come down. Hidden away in a dense cropping of trees, she took off her jacket and wrapped it around his freezing body. She began rubbing her hands all over, trying to get his blood flowing. When he still showed no signs of coming around she knew her only option was to get him back to his cabin.



Nearly frozen herself, Rogue worked to get the fire started in the fireplace. When a good size blaze was going she began stripping off her damp clothes. Pulling the blanket away that she had laid over Logan when they arrived, she curled up beside him. Rogue wrapped her arms and legs around him, hoping her warmth would seep into his frozen flesh. His breathing was labored and his heart was barely beating. Tears began rolling down her face "It's all my fault. I was the one that took you there. If I hadn't let that old guy play me, you would not have had to suffer like that again. "

A hoarse voice whispered in her ear. "Not your fault, darlin. Take me home. Take me home."

Rogue wiped the tears from her eyes and placed kisses all along his face. "Yes my love. I'll take you home. I promise."

Home being the only place that either had ever felt welcome. Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted.