Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N: In case anyone is interested the name Frejya comes from Norse Mythology and was in fact a goddess of love, beauty, sex, and attraction. She was also the goddess of war, death, magic, prophecies, and wealth.
“Hey Logan,” Colossus’ voice had Logan glancing up at the tall Russian kid who was standing next to the overstuffed chair he was currently occupying.

“Hey Pete, what’s up?”

“Got a favor to ask of you,” Colossus declared sinking into the chair a few inches away, ignoring the way it creaked in protest. Like most of the furniture around here it was reinforced to be able to hold five or six hundred pounds – something that had been a blessing more than once.

“Whatcha need?”

“I have to make a run to the city to meet someone. I was wondering if you’d come along with me?”

“Sure, but what do you need me for?” Logan asked rising to his feet, “Manhattan isn’t that far from here..”

“I’m not going to Manhattan,” Colossus declared as Logan followed him toward the garage, “I’m heading for Seneca Castle.”

“That’s a bit out of the way don’t you think? You going for a pickup for Chuck?”

Colossus shook his head quickly, “No. No this is more of a personal assignment.”

Logan frowned as he slid behind the wheel of the Explorer, “You ain’t in trouble are you?”

Colossus grinned at him, “I’ll tell you all about it on the way.”

With a rueful shake of his head, Logan cranked the engine over and pulled out headed for the secret meeting of Peter’s.



An hour into the drive Logan glanced at Peter who was sitting tapping his finger on his knee, “You wanna talk about it?”

“Would you believe me if I said I know what I’m doing?”

Laughing softly Logan shrugged, “Since I don’t know differently I’ll take your word for it. What’s got you so tied in knots?”

“You remember what happened when you and Rogue got married?” Peter asked softly, hiding a grin at the smug, satisfied look on Logan’s face as he remembered the wedding that had shocked the mansion residents three years before hand. “Not that! I mean at the reception when Jean had a couple drinks too many?”

“Oh you mean when she asked you why you hadn’t brought a date. And when the last time you’d gotten laid was?”

“Yeah,” Peter flushed slightly. “It made me start to think, how everyone sees me and such and I didn’t like what I was seeing. Then a friend of mine put me in touch with a group that has pen-pals?”

“Pen Pals?”

“Yeah its where people write letters to each other all the time. Anyway I met someone via the program..”

“And..” Logan prompted at Peter’s guilty look.

“I met a girl and we went from exchanging letters twice a week to emailing one a day to long messenging sessions. We’re really good friends, we’ve been talking seriously about things like the mutant issue, and all the stuff you’re not suppose to talk about with people..”

“And.”

“Frejya is um well she’s a bit different than most girls I’ve met. She’s warm and kind, she’s got a great sense of humor – always makes me laugh.”

“And.”

“She’s Norse,” Peter said hopefully, in a blatant attempt to get Logan off the trail he was on.

“Pete what’s that got to do with us going to Seneca Castle?”

“We’re going to a wedding Logan,” Peter replied starchily only to wince when Logan slammed on the brakes and pulled over.

“You didn’t think tellin’ me that you’d elected to drag me to this wedding was important? I hate..”

“No, no I’m not dragging you to a wedding,” Peter held up his hands and exhaled sharply, “I’m going to the wedding, you’re just going to drive.”

“And why are you acting all secretive about a friggin’ wedding Pete? You’ve been to how many at the mansion now? Six?”

“This one is different,” Peter protested.

“Different how?”

“It’s my own,” Peter muttered under his breath.

“You’ve lost me! What the hell do you mean it’s your wedding?”

“Frejya and I have gotten really close and since she’s coming to the States anyway we decided to meet. The only problem is that her father had a problem with her traveling to meet some strange man so I stepped up to the plate and..”

“This has got to be a joke,” Logan groaned as he patted his pockets, “I need a cigar.”

“Please Logan, you can’t..”

“Did you really think this through,” Logan demanded staring at Peter. “Marriage is a big thing; it’s not like a new haircut or something that’ll grow out.”

“I trust her,” Peter said softly, “Granted we’ve never met face to face but she knows me almost as well as Rogue knows you. Besides that she’s not afraid of my being a mutant, or the fact that I’m big. She doesn’t care that I’m part of a school or anything like that. Frejya accepts me faults and all.”

“I thought you and Kitty..”

“Naw,” Peter shrugged, “I thought maybe we could make it work but she’s head over heels for Bobby who happens to be in love with someone else. We sorta decided that we should just stay friends and leave it at that.”

“And there weren’t enough women at the mansion for you?” Logan grinned, “Only you would look for a woman across the world.”

“I think you’ll like her,” Peter said softly with a hint of a grin, “She’s not really any different than anyone of us – just from a different place.”

Shaking his head Logan put the truck back in gear and glanced at his friend, “How long are we gonna be gone? If I’m not home for dinner..”

“Well you can head back after the ceremony, Frejya and I will catch the train..”

“I’ll call Rogue,” Logan groaned as he put a little more pressure on the gas pedal. Better to get this over with before Rogue could possibly talk him out of helping Peter.


Watching the setting sun Logan smirked to himself as he sat on the hood in front of the Explorer. The crowded airport had been a bit trying on his patience but he had to admit that the woman he was expecting and the one he met were very different.

Glancing up at the door of the church as it opened he watched Peter walking down the steps with a tall, willowy auburn haired beauty. Wide, crystal blue eyes watched with uncanny acuteness, her long reddish colored curls fell down around her hips, and the curves that were wrapped in the pale silk dress she wore was enough to turn any man’s head.

“Thank you,” the soft, warm accent of her voice had him grinning.

“For what?”

“Waiting,” Frejya looked at Peter for a moment before smiling softly, “It was not necessary.”

“No problem. After all what are friends for?” Logan said hopping off the hood, “I talked to Rogue – she’ll wait up for us.”

“Rogue? Ah this is your wife?”

“Yeah,” Logan smirked, even after all this time he still got goose bumps when someone said Rogue was his. It was still like a dream – one he was glad others could relate to. “She’s my wife. She’s a little curious about this pick-up since there wasn’t any mention of it at dinner tonight though. I told her it was something unrelated to the school.”

“Peter is lucky to have such good friends. I’m sure I’ll enjoy living there.”

Logan glanced at Peter who was watching Frejya with a familiar look in his eyes, “Sooo uh you planning on having kids?”

Peter paled and all but choked on his own tongue as Frejya slid into the back seat of the truck. A dark look at his Defence Instructor was met with an innocent expression as Logan closed the drivers’ door.

“I would love to have kids,” Frejya declared with a smile at Peter’s profile, “Perhaps two or three? If they looked like Peter it would make me very happy.”

Chuckling Logan shook his head, “Kids.”

“Seems to me we’re not exactly kids,” Peter pointed out, “we’re all adults now.”

Laughing Logan looked at him then at Frejya who smiled nervously back at him, “Welcome to married life Pete, you’ll find it’s a lot different then bein’ a batchelor.”

Peter glanced behind him at his wife and smiled, “I’m looking forward to it.”

“Yeah, I can tell.”

Chuckling the two men shared a glance before Logan pulled out onto the road and headed for the mansion, both knew there would be some explaining to do but it wouldn’t be too hard – after all this was something that would fit perfectly at the mansion – insanity in the form of long distance courtship and marriage!