Story Notes:
We hope you remember these ficlets when you go to see X2 and it helps minimize the, er, trauma.
The kiss seemed to go on forever.

Jean's lips locked on Logan's, sucking the air right out of him. It was a wonder he could breathe at all.

Time seemed to have slowed down to a dreary, audible click click click, and when her mouth finally detached from his, the sound was that of a suction being broken: a noisy, unromantic pop.

"Well done, guys," Rogue said, jabbing the stopwatch, "Exactly two minutes."

Logan shook his head, tried surreptitiously to wipe his mouth with the back of his hand. Jean had no such qualms, hurrying over to the stream and rinsing her mouth out while Scott smirked. Well, he didn't so much smirk as twitch his lips, but Logan knew what he'd really wanted to do.

Rogue arched an eyebrow. "Wow, Logan. that looked...incredible. All that passion..." Her lips twitched in a way very similar to Scott's. "I could practically see the sparks flying..."

"And Jean," she muffled a snicker, or tried to. He had to give her credit for that. "She'll be leaving Scott soon, I can tell. Better lock your tent tonight."

On second thought, perhaps credit wasn't the right word to use. Strangulation, though, that sounded good.

"Or perhaps a chastity belt?" He growled and advanced toward her.

"No? Maybe for Christmas, then."

His hands had just touched her shoulders when Jean returned. "Now Logan, you'll get your chance. Everyone, back in the circle."

Rogue whispered, as she took his hand to lead him back to the circle, "Yeah, Logan, you're next. You know what to do with a girl in Spin the Bottle, right?"

He grinned, and said softly, for her ears only, "Darlin', if I get my way, you'll be finding that out real soon."