The bullet ridden walls and blood soaked carpets barely registered as Rogue moved through the dim lighting toward her room. The memorial for Jean had been beautiful, yet Rogue couldn’t stop the feelings of resentment toward the dead woman.

Even in death, Jean had managed to have what Rogue wanted - needed in life. Scott was devastated by her death and rightly so, Rogue understood that and grieved for him. After all Jean had belonged to Scott, he should feel insane with grief. No it was the dark, sullen retreat that Logan was in that bothered her.

She knew Logan and Jean had kissed, knew just how close he’d gotten to getting past Jean’s defenses. She wondered how she could make Logan understand that Jean wasn’t the one for him. Jean couldn’t have handled the moodiness, the need to escape, the desperation to have an identity of his own. She’d have eventually gotten tired of waiting for something that she could never tame and would have left him anyway. It was trying to convince Logan of that fact that Rogue had such trouble with. She knew it was nearly pointless, and thus she had withdrawn from everyone at the mansion, Logan included - not that he’d noticed. Nope he spent his time in the Danger Room or out on the roof smoking his cigars and drinkin’ beer.

Stepping into her bedroom Rogue sighed as she peeled off her gloves and tossed them aside. Jerking her shirttail from the tight jeans she wore, Rogue shook her head even as she headed for the shower totally comfortable in the darkness. Tossing it aside she reached for the hem of her t-shirt.

Squeaking a protest Rogue blinked at the sudden movement that had her pinned against the wall in the pitch darkness of the bathroom. Reaching up she froze at the familiar sound of metal on metal.

“Logan? What the fuck..?” Rogue gasped suddenly, shifting uneasily even as she brought up her hands to push him away.

“Damn,” the low, soft voice was familiar, but not the one she’d believed.

“What the fuck are you doin?” Rogue hissed as the lights came on to reveal a trio of her closest friends in her bathroom. “Get out! Jesus, you think this is funny? Think you’re immune or something?”

“Actually we do - figure it’s funny,” Jubilee giggled at Rogue’s irate expression. “See we figured something out that’s kinda big.”

“What? That you’ve all lost your freakin’ minds?” Rogue demanded struggling to grab something to wrap around her bare arms – mindless about the fact that her black lace bra was her only attire other than her jeans.

Jubilee snapped her gum and shrugged, “You’re still hung up on tall, dark, and psychotic.”


“Logan is not psychotic! He’s just got a lot of negative emotions built up!” she protested softly, her look dark as she stood wrapped in a large towel. “You three are the psychos, sneaking up on a person who can kill with a touch.”

“Funny isn’t it. The only two people she’s actually touched long enough to knock out happen to be older guys,” Jubilee giggled softly.

“I didn’t touch Eric, he touched me! And so did Logan!”

“After you touched him the first time,” Jubilee pointed out carelessly and shrugged before pulling something out of her pocket. “However this isn’t about that.”

“Nope,” St. John grinned cockily, “Nowhere near close to that.”

Rogue sighed, St. John had come home two days ago looking for all the world like a scared little boy. He hadn’t said much about what had happened with Magneto but Rogue could guess and that was enough for her. “What are you talkin’ ‘bout?” she squeaked at the can that appeared in Jubilee’s hand.

“As we speak, Kitty is doing her part to get Logan’s attention, and we are going to help.”

“I am not about to help Kitty land Logan. Get out all three of you. Sheesh, you’d think he was some prize to be won in a bloody ball tournament or something,” she hissed and narrowed her eyes at the sudden appearance of a white handkerchief. “What the hell is that?”

“Language Rogue,” Bobby pointed out quickly. “This will be absolutely painless. You’ll thank us later,” Bobby said freezing her into place a moment before he put the chloroformed clothe over her nose and mouth, muffling her curses even as the drug took affect.

“They’re gonna kill us,” Jubilee declared with a grin as Rogue slid slowly to the floor through a puddle of icy cold water.

“Naw, they’ll be too busy shaggin’ to do that,” St. John drawled with a cocky grin.

“Sure they will,” Bobby glared at both of them. “Any idea’s how to get her down to the garage?”

Jubilee grinned and darted into the bedroom. A moment later she was back with the blanket off Rogue’s bed, “This should do.”

Bobby shook his head and looked at his friends with a pitying expression. As much as he hated doing this, he knew it was best. Rogue was on the edge of self destruction and he couldn’t, wouldn’t allow that to happen - not over some stupid hairy guy that had saved his neck twice!


Swallowing her fear, Kitty approached Logan who for the first time in over a week was actually sitting on the deck instead of the roof. “Um excuse me Mr. Logan sir,” she squeaked.


“It’s Logan,” came the brusque growl.

Nodding quickly, her head flopping about like a rag doll being shaken Kitty approached him carefully. She’d heard all about what he’d done when they’d been attacked and wasn’t too interested in getting skewered. “Um have you uh seen Rogue? I can’t find her anywhere.”

Logan frowned and turned to look at the slight girl who was standing there shaking in fear, “You scared of me?”

“Yes sir,” Kitty replied suddenly, honestly as she stood there. “I really am sorry to bother you but I’m worried about Rogue..”

“I ain’t seen her since we got back from the memorial service,” Logan replied making an obvious attempt to tone down his voice. “I think she was gonna go have a shower, she seemed upset.”

“We all are,” Kitty replied softly scuffing her sneaker on the deck as she stared at it. Dr. Grey had been her favorite instructor, and to lose her was hard.

Logan nodded and took another drag of his cigar, “Can’t help you kid. Give it a bit, she’ll turn up.”

Kitty nodded quickly and smiled slightly, “If you see her can you tell her I was lookin’ for her.”

“Sure,” Logan agreed readily. “But she ain’t exactly talkin’ to me lately.”

“Still, it’s important.”

“I see her I’ll tell her,” Logan replied seriously as he watched Kitty all but dart off. Shaking his head he turned back to his silent vigil of the back lawn. That Rogue was hurtin’ was clear, but she wouldn’t even look at him much less talk to him so he had no idea what was wrong. He sure as hell didn’t figure that it was his attraction to Jean Grey that was the problem - that was something he’d remedied already. It hadn’t taken him a week to fix that itch and his intolerance for doctors had helped to erase any residual emotion toward her.

Now he was focused on the slim girl who’d crawled into his truck and into his heart. Of course nobody knew that not even Rogue, who was still a kid. She needed a chance to grow up, to be a kid while she could before he took control of her life - even if she controlled his. No he’d be patient, watch and learn, and perhaps she’d come to him when the time was right.


Kitty slipped into her bedroom and turned to see Jubilee flopped onto her bed, “Well?”

“She’s safely out of the mansion. And Logan?”


“Curious about what she’s doing, and hurtin’ cause she ain’t talkin’ to him,” Kitty replied softly. Meeting Jubilee’s eyes she smiled slowly, “I don’t think we have to worry about any feelings he had for Dr. Grey. He seems focused on Rogue.”

“Good. We’ll give it another day then start askin’ around about her. By then she’ll be awake.”

Giggling Kitty nodded and grabbed her nightgown before retreating into the bathroom. Leaving the door open partially Kitty frowned, “How’s Bobby handlin’ this?”

“Like a pro. Figure’s we’re nuts but he’s determined to resolve the issue.”

“I thought he might be heartbroken.”

“Naw, he ain’t the type. Besides you know him, he’s a great fan of the underdog.”

“Well let’s just hope this works out. Otherwise we’re gonna have the two deadliest mutants in the mansion knocking on our door,” Kitty replied stepping into the room and crawling into her bedroom. “Night Jubilee.”

“Night Kit-Kat.”



Moaning at the slow, steady pounding in her head Rogue blinked as she opened her eyes slowly. The room was dark and cold, probably why she was wrapped in her blankets. Sitting up she pushed the blanket aside and went to swing her legs out of bed only to find she was laying on a hard, uncompromising floor.

Scrambling to her feet she took a deep breath and looked around. The air around her was stale, closed in and she immediately thought she was in a cellar or something. Frowning she rubbed her head as she tried to battle back the feelings of fear.

“Logan?” she called softly, hoping he could hear her. Hoping against hope that she’d fallen asleep in the Danger Room or the lab or something. “Lights on?”

The steady darkness of the room did little to help ease her concern and she began to inch her way around the room. Stopping when she encountered the wall she followed it slowly, carefully. Her hands busy searching, seeking for the light switch. Finding it she turned the power on and turned around.

Cold, sterile, her prison cell was grey with nothing but a thin air mattress she’d been on, a toilet, and a sink to break it up. There were no windows, and she didn’t see any doors either. Looking up she stared at the steel struts that were obvious and swallowed as the realization came over her that she was indeed alone.


Sinking to the floor she sat there in stunned silence. What had happened? The last thing she remembered was that she was with her friends at school after the memorial service for Dr. Grey. Logan had been his usual withdrawn self, but there’d been an appraising look in his eyes when he’d glanced at her on the walk back to the mansion.

Shaking that thought off she sighed and tried to control her fear. Breathing steadily she closed her eyes and focused hoping against hope that there was enough of Logan within her to help her get out.

Swearing steadily as she realized that the residual effects of both Bobby and St. John were blocking her attempts she growled and rose to her feet. The lone, utilitarian bulb hung from the ceiling as she walked the perimeter, her hands searching for any indication of fresh air.

“Damn it let me out!” she screamed hitting the wall and swearing even harder as her hands stung from the blows. “Please.”

“Hello is there anyone out there? Help me! HELP ME!” she screamed as she hit the wall. She didn’t even have Logan’s tags to cling to - he’d thrown those away at Alkali Lake the damn fool.

Grinning suddenly she dug into her jeans pocket and pulled out the slim piece of shiny metal she’d found in his room and stared at it, letting that small piece of metal be her courage rather easily. “Ha, take that hotshot!” she muttered softly as she squeezed onto it. She’d be dead before they got this and she wasn’t about to let them kill her.





With his familiar scowl firmly in place, Logan entered the dining room and scanned it quickly. Damn it all to hell where was she? Pushing aside his thoughts he took another puff of his cigar even as he sensed Storm coming up behind him.

“No smoking,” Storm’s quiet voice had him grinding his teeth as he turned to face her.

“I am aware of that rule,” Logan shot back with a dark growl.

“Then why are you smoking?”

“Because I feel like it!”

Stalking past Storm he headed for the library, maybe he’d missed her there. After searching the library for the second time, he turned and headed for the kitchen. He needed another beer before he got back to this annoying game of hide and seek.


“Hey Logan?” Bobby called hoping to halt the other man as he hurried toward him. “Logan, glad I caught you. Have you seen Rogue? I haven’t seen her since yesterday and neither have Jubes or Kitty.”

“What?” Logan growled at Bobby, a dark look settling in his eyes.

“I’ve been trying to find Rogue. She’s not in her room, hasn’t been in class at all today and..”

“I’ll find her,” Logan snapped angrily. “If I could just be left alone! Don’t you have homework or something?”

“No,” Bobby shrugged and looked at him steadily. “Did it already.”

“Great,” Logan muttered under his breath. “I haven’t seen Rogue yet. When I find her she’s gonna rethink her stance on playing stupid games.”

“Ookaay,” Bobby sighed and stepped back, “She wouldn’t have gone into town would she?”

“No. For some reason she figures she needs to wrap up like a friggin’ mummy.”

“That’s cause of her mutation Logan,” Bobby pointed out only to fall silent and make a quick dash for safety at the dark, murderous look in Logan’s eyes as he turned to glare at him. Whistling a jovial tune as he headed upstairs, Bobby winked at Kitty who was sitting on the couch watching the goings on.


Pacing the spacious room Rogue growled as her nerves stretched to nearly the breaking point. Slamming a shoulder into the metal wall she groaned at the pain that screamed through her body even as she swore. “Please, please help me!” she whispered as she moved back over to the bed and sank down on it. Curling up into a ball she lay there, ignoring the tears and the pain that raced over her body.

“Damn Mystique and her stupidity,” Rogue sniffled before curling tighter around herself and sobbing openly. “And damn Jean for being so beautiful, and Logan for being so dumb as to fall for her. He’s mine, the damn fool should know that by now.”



“You seen her?” Logan growled at Charles who was sitting in the middle of what appeared to be an advanced physics class.

“Who?” one of the students asked softly only to get a low, furious growl in response.

“Not since the service,” Charles replied softly, hoping to calm the rather agitated Wolverine. “Did you talk to her friends?”


“They ain’t seen her either,” Logan snarled pacing the confines of the office like a caged beast. “So get your head in your bucket in that round room and find her!”

“Logan..”

“Its not open for debate,” Logan glared strongly at Charles, “I can’t get a scent at all and she sure as shit ain’t here. I know I’ve been to every corner of this dump.”

Rolling his eyes Charles pushed away from his desk, “Take ten minutes and then we’ll resume.”

“Ain’t like her to just run off. She ain’t touched anybody lately, and she’s been dealin’ with the stress of Alkali Lake like a pro,” Logan muttered following Charles as they headed for Cerebro. “What would make her just take off?”

“Perhaps she got tired of your foul mood of late.”

Logan glared at Charles’s head for a second, “My foul mood? I ain’t been in a foul mood!”

Stopping suddenly Charles whipped his head around to stare at Logan, amazement, and incredulity written clearly in his face. “No? Lets see you don’t talk to anyone, you sit on the roof and drink and smoke. And when you aren’t doing that you’re stomping around growling at everyone.”

“I’m givin’ the kid some time and space,” Logan shot back. “It ain’t like I can walk up to her and say ‘You’re mine so get your butt moved into my room!’. She’d kill me for that, not to mention that little boy of hers’ reaction. Now you gonna move that bucket of bolts or am I gonna do it for you?”

Sighing Charles turned back to Cerebro and finding Rogue. Slipping into the familiar routine, he barely felt Logan slipping out of the room, or heard the door swish shut. He had a fairly good idea why Rogue had run - a reason that when she learned was incorrect she was going to kill Logan for - and he wasn’t about to spoil her surprise.


Sulking in the hallway, Logan pulled a cigar out of his pocket and lit up just as Scott walked into the hallway from the Danger Room. Glaring at him he ignored the dark look the other man threw his way and stayed put.

“Is there some reason you’re skulking around down here?” Scott asked suddenly, his tone sharp and unbending.

“Waitin’ for Wheels,” Logan grunted and looked at the other man closely. Exhaustion was in every line of his body, his face had a gaunt, unfed look to it, and the fine tremor in his hands told of his misery.

“What are you staring at?”


“You really should get some sleep,” Logan shot back cocking his head at the slight whirring sound of the boss’s wheelchair. The moment the doors opened he turned to glare at Charles who merely sighed and looked at him pointedly. “Well?”

“She’s in a bunker three hours south of here,” Charles replied with a slight frown. “Terrified and trying not to let it get to her.”

“Bunker? Who?” Scott demanded instantly turning into Fearless Leader mode.

“What the fuck is she doing there?”

“I don’t know. Her mind is a tangled mess right now. It’s like all the voices within her mind have suddenly started talking all at once and she can’t stop any of them. It’s so bad I couldn’t even communicate with her. I am almost certain she’s been touched by someone again the way the confusion is within her mind. You didn’t touch her..?” Charles bit off the question at the low, angry hiss coming from Logan who glared at him, his claws coming out all the way as he pushed away from the wall.

“What happened? Who took Rogue?” Scott demanded as Logan snarled and butted out the cigar under his foot. “Charles?”

“I don’t know. I’m not sure why they took her even, as all they’ve done is locking her in a bunker.”

“Where exactly is it?” Logan snarled.

“Place called Viride Point - it’s the only thing there so you can’t miss it..”

“I’ll get the Blackbird warmed up,” Scott volunteered.

“Don’t bother,” Logan shot at him as he all but ran up the corridor toward the elevator. “That’s gonna take way too fuckin’ long.”

“What are you talkin’ about? It will not!”

“Scott,” Charles laid a restraining hand on the younger man’s arm. “This isn’t your fight.”

“But if Rogue’s in danger sir, we should do something to help her out.”

Charles sucked in a deep breath and waited for the elevator doors to swing shut before turning to look at Scott, “I’ll explain everything to you in a few minutes. After Logan’s gone okay?”

“Explain what?” Scott demanded following Charles into the medlab and staring at him. “The fact that he’s a homicidal freak?”


“He’s not staying because of Jean,” Charles looked at Scott steadily. “Whatever happened at Alkali Lake affected him directly.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Logan’s world has shrunk to include himself and Rogue. As far as he’s concerned, if anything happens to her it would destroy him.”

“But he was tore up about Jean..” Scott whispered.

“He was reacting to the strain of the events Scott. He wasn’t after Jean, he was after Rogue and knowing her age, and where he was he didn’t feel comfortable revealing that to anyone. This move may have pushed him over the edge. He may not come back..”

“Oh come on Professor, he may be a lot of things but he ain’t a pedophile. Is he?”

Chuckling softly Charles looked at Scott, “Rogue is far from a child Scott. Now then we have work to do if we’re to find out what happened. I want to know who took Rogue and why. I’m putting you in charge of finding it out.”

“Why not leave it to Logan?”

Charles looked at Scott with one raised eyebrow, “How do you think he’s going to handle it?”

Scott winced and shrugged, “I’ll get to the bottom of it, without the bloodshed.”

“Good.”


Pushing the bike as hard as he could, harder than it had been pushed in a very long time Logan headed for Viride Point. When he got there he parked the bike and glanced around. A large, rusted metal cage sat in the middle of the property, its doors were firmly locked into place, and a brand new, shiny lock sat on them.

A quick glance down revealed tire treads, and foot prints but the only one’s he could pick out where Rogue’s, the others were convoluted. Growling he raised his chin slightly and glanced around, sniffing the wind hoping to catch a scent.

The soft sound of someone banging on metal reached him and Logan froze, tensing up as his claws came out with sickening ease. Moving toward the sounds he growled, fury in every line of his body as he raised one hand. A moment later the lock was shredded and he jerked open the doors to step inside.


Ducking with ease at the motion by his head he whirled, ready to confront his enemy only to realize two seconds later that he had Rogue pinned to the wall with her hands over her head. The immediate thought of where that position would come in handy had him snarling at himself even as he took a step back and let go of her.

“Oohmph,” he grunted as Rogue launched herself at him, wrapping her arms and legs around him and squeezing tightly, “Hey, hey you okay?”

“Mmhmm,” Rogue nodded frantically against his shoulder, too relieved to give a shit about the state of his love life. Instead she focused on the fact that he’d come for her, that he was there in person and not of in some misery encased stupor at the mansion. The feel of his strong arms around her waist was enough to break her control and she sobbed as he held her. When he moved his hands to her hips to push her away she clung tighter and sobbed harder, unwilling to break even this much contact with him after so many days of nothing.

“Hey, I’ve got you,” Logan whispered softly. “It’s okay, we’re gonna be fine kid. Come on, lets get you home..”

“I don’t wanna go,” Rogue hiccupped desperately. “I don’t wanna lose you to her memory again. I can’t..”

Swearing, Logan exhaled sharply and shook his head slightly, “I’m sorry kid. I guess I forgot for a minute that you can’t read my mind. Come on, we need to have a little chat.”

“I don’t know who did this or why. The last I remember I was at the mansion then I was waking up in here!” Rogue protested easily.

“I believe you. No, no..” Logan paused for a moment then shrugged slightly, what the hell did he have to lose? Other than the only woman he gave a shit about? “Look I uh, I think you should know what I found out at Alkali Lake,” Logan muttered softly as Rogue lifted her head and stared at him. “That’s what I’ve been focusing on, not Jean or her death..”

“But..”

“Come on, let’s get outta here before whoever did this gets back and I’ll tell you all about it.”

Rogue nodded and slowly let go of him, she crossed her arms over her chest like she was hugging herself and trudged toward the bike only to come to a dead stop when he caught her arm. Turning to look at him she raised one eyebrow, “What?”

“You’re my girl Marie. Don’t let anyone tell you different okay?”

Rogue nodded and turned back to the bike, aware of Logan’s arm around her waist, and his warm frame against her shoulder. It didn’t matter what he said, as long as he didn’t let go of her. Climbing on the back of the bike, she curled around him easily, her grip tight as he revved the engine and turned around.


Blinking at the fresh wave of tears in her eyes, Rogue was hardly aware of where they were going. It wasn’t until they stopped at the mansion that she let the tears fall. Somehow being here, being so close to Jean’s memory only made her more miserable. Squeaking softly, she turned into Logan’s warmth when he swept her into his arms and headed for the back stairs. Five minutes later she was laying in his bed dressed in nothing but one of his t-shirts and a pair of lacy panties he’d pulled from a drawer - a pair that oddly enough had her name embroidered on them.

Closing her eyes she snuggled into the warmth of the satin sheets and inhaled slowly, relishing the way his scent curled around her even as she cursed the need to stay put. Knowing she should get up and move, go back to her room she curled into a ball tighter, wrapping the blankets around her even as her eyes closed.

Fear, exhaustion, and the uncertainty of the situation were enough to drag her under into a healing sleep. She had no idea that Logan stood in the doorway of the bedroom and watched her for a half an hour before he curled up next to her on the bed and held her. No idea that he wiped away the tears she cried in her sleep, or smiled into her hair when she clung to him - all she knew was that while she slept she could dream.


*How is she Logan?* Charles’s voice popped into Logan’s head as he lay half dozing next to Rogue who hadn’t moved since they’d gotten back.

It was shocking just how easily he’d managed to get her naked within seconds of getting back to his room and he had thoroughly checked to see if she had any wounds but found none. Shifting he glanced down at the bundle of dark hair with streaks of white, and cotton and sighed. *Sleeping,* was all he replied as he pulled her tighter back into his arms.

*If you can tear yourself away, I’ve asked Storm to come sit with her for a few minutes. We found out who did this.*

Growling softly Logan looked down at Rogue as she slept in his bed and shook his head. Leaning over he dropped a quick kiss on her cheek, welcoming the powerful rush even as he felt the dizziness and lightheaded signs of her power taking from him. Pulling back at her slight moan he leaned his forehead against her clothed shoulder and breathed. When the weak feeling had passed her rolled away from her, “Sleep baby, I’ll be back soon,” he whispered softly.

Rising he padded over to the door and jerked it open before Storm could knock he glanced at her steadily for a moment, “Don’t wake her up.”

“Of course not Logan,” Storm smiled slightly and moved out of the way so Logan could stalk off toward Charles’s office.

Moving into the room Storm glanced around for the usual chair and found none, instead to sit she’d have to perch on the edge of the bed. Shrugging slightly she moved over and sat down, her gaze drawn to Rogue.


The pale blue satin sheets that Charles put on the beds were tucked in around Rogue securely, her face buried within Logan’s pillows, and her fingers were clenched around the edge of the blankets. All signs of a quiet desperation that ate at her even in her dreams.

Sighing softly, Storm settled in for a long vigil aware that once Logan found out who’d taken Rogue someone would get clawed. How typical for Logan to turn to the one thing he knew beyond a doubt would be there for him to fall back on. The man had no idea that his move had only hurt Rogue more, that when she awoke in his bed she would expect more than he was willing to give.



Stalking into Charles’s office Logan glared at him and Scott who sat quietly. “So who did it and why?”

“Well they did it,” Scott pointed to the small group of teens standing huddled together across the room, “And as for the why? They ain’t about to tell us.”

“You?” Logan gaped at the foursome. “You’re supposed to be her friends. What the fuck were you thinking?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe that you’d notice her,” Jubilee shot back only to get elbowed sharply from Kitty. “What it’s the truth?”

“Shhh,” Kitty hissed eying Logan. “I’m too young to die.”

“Should have fuckin’ thought of that before you pulled this goddamned stunt,” Logan growled and watched the two girls push the boys in front of them. “I don’t suppose either of you have an explanation?”

St. John shrugged at Logan and looked almost apologetic, “Even you have to admit that Rogue took Dr. Grey’s death pretty hard. Got tired of hearing about how madly you were in love with her when you could’ve been Rogue’s. Besides, it ain’t like you’re gonna stick around for long. This way Rogue will just assume that your friendship is solid and get on with her life.”

Logan growled as he turned to Charles, his claws coming out slowly, “I’m gonna go now. They come near her again, they’re mine.”

The slam of the door had all four teens jumping as well as both adults who looked at each other in shock. “Well that went better than anticipated,” Scott drawled. “He didn’t gut them.”

“He must be getting soft in his old age,” Jubilee snapped her bubble gum carelessly.


“You don’t get off that easily. This little stunt you pulled could have far reaching effects, and as such I’ll think of a suitable chastisement for all four of you and let you know. For now, you can get your acts together and head for the laundry room. I believe you have some laundry to finish.”

With muted groans they all walked away.


Slipping into the room Rogue shared with her room mates, Logan made short work of packing her things before he headed for his room. A dark look and a low snarl and Storm slipped out of the room to leave Rogue sleeping in Logan’s bed.

Moving quickly he rearranged things within the room and unpacked Rogue’s things tucking them into the doors. As much as he wanted to take her and run, as much as he wanted to just say to hell with Xavier’s Freak Show he knew Rogue needed to be here a while longer. With that knowledge firmly in his mind he realized that he had to stay.

“Logan?” the soft whimper was fear laced and he moved over to curl around her easily.

“Shh, I’m right here baby,” he whispered softly, using her hair as protection from his skin.

“Please don’t leave me again,” the soft whisper held sadness, desperation, and longing. “I can’t make it without you.”

“I’m not goin’ anywhere baby, not now, not ever again.”

“You promise?”

Smiling into her hair Logan nodded quickly as he squeezed her, “I promise darlin’, now sleep. Just sleep – for now. I’ll be here when you wake up.”

The End.