Story Notes:
This is a series I am writing based on the music from Matchbox Twenty's CD Mad Season...
No I would not sleep in this bed of lies
So toss me out and turn in
And there'll be no rest for these tired eyes
I'm marking it down to learning
I am


I look at the structured chaos around me and am not sure what to do. For the first time in weeks Rogue is happy, but her happiness is coming at the expense of others. Remy took it all in stride, but Bobby isn't taking it well at all. I really do not know what happened, but now everything is on the brink of getting out of control. I wish I could control this like I can the weather. Turning a maelstrom into a spring shower, but I cannot.

Don't think that I can take another empty moment
Don't think that I can fake another
hollow smile
It's not enough just to be sorry.
Don't think that I could take another talk about it


In a place that was once synonymous with honesty and openness, lies abound. People lying to people. Groups lying to groups. Lies about Bobby. Lies about Logan and Rogue. Lies everywhere.

Just like me you got needs
And they're only a whisper away
And we softly surrender
To these lives that we've tendered away


We have been lying to Logan about Bobby. I think we are trying to prolong then inevitable because we know we can't stop it. Everytime I see Logan now I just want to run and tell him to be careful. I want to tell him about the turn we have seen in Bobby. I do not believe that Bobby could hurt Logan even if he tried, but Logan could certainly hurt Bobby. Jean and Scott keep telling me that this is for everyone's own good. I do not agree. Lies never helped anything.

No I would not sleep in this bed of lies
So toss me out and turn in
And they'll be no rest for these tired eyes
I'm marking it down to learning
I am
Don't wanna be the one who turns the whole thing over
Don't wanna be somewhere where I just don't belong
Where it's not enough just be sorry


We have been lying to Rogue about Bobby. Maybe lying is too strong a word, but we definitely have not been telling her what we know. She should know about his obsession. She should be warned of the chaos that is about to engulf us.

Don't you know I feel the darkness closing in
Tried to be more than me
And I gave 'til it all went away
And we've only surrendered
To the worst part of these winters we've made


We have been lying to ourselves about Bobby. We know what is going to happen. We should try to do something to stop it, but we don't. We hope that he'll get over it. We hope that Logan and Rogue would go away for a while. We hope that things will just settle down. But we know it won't.

I am all that I'll ever be
When you - lay your hands
Over me
but don't go weak on me now
I know that it's weak
But God help me I need this
I will not sleep in this bed of lies