Story Notes:
This is a series I am writing based on the music from Matchbox Twenty's CD Mad Season...
thought about
Leaving - but I couldn't even get outta bed
Hitchin' - but I couldn't get a ride outta town
Now anyone who really wanted me to be down
Come 'round


I'm worried about Bobby. Actually, everyone is worried about Bobby. He is not taking Logan's return very well. Scott caught him trying to run away earlier this week. No one else knows about that besides Scott, Orora, Professor Xavier and myself. We new that if Logan ever came back it wouldn't be pleasant, but I never thought... If you had known Bobby before and then met him now, he isn't the same person. He is moody and disruptive. Out on the street someone might refer to him as a punk kid. He's been trying to pick a fight with Logan, too. Thankfully, Logan has just ignored him for now, but I don't know how long that will last.

Thought about
Singin' but I couldn't remember all of the words
Breakin' but I couldn't get the pieces apart
Laughin' never knowing what the joke was about
Now I'm down
And I wonder how I never got the Burn
And if I'm ever gonna learn
How lonely people make a life
One strain at a time


We've all tried to talk to him, to reason with him. He won't listen. He has so much hate in him now. All of it is directed at Logan, too. I think the other children have noticed the change in him, but don't understand the extent. They seem to think that he is just in a normal state of teenage depression that comes wit losing the girl that you like, but it is worse then that. We have to get through to him before he does something rash and dangerous. Somehow we have to make him understand that Rogue was never his. She was Logan's before the tow of them ever made it here.

Forgot About
Everything and everyone I needed before
Tryin' to get a handle on a reason to shine
Pickin' up the pieces that are falling behind takes time


With Logan back Rogue seems oblivious to almost everything else. Granted, he was gone for several weeks and has only been back for one. Most of her friends are cutting her some slack about her not spending time with them, but not Bobby. I've caught some of his thoughts and they aren't pretty. Most of them involve a frozen Logan. This is all going to come to a head very soon and it won't be pretty.

So I wonder how I never got the Burn
And if I'm ever gonna learn
How lonely people make a life
One strain at a time and still shine