Story Notes:
This is a series I am writing based on the music from Matchbox Twenty's CD Mad Season...
I think I've already lost you
I think you're already gone.
I think I'm finally scared now
You think I'm weak - But I think you're wrong
I think you're already leaving
Feels like your hand is on the door
I thought this place was an empire
But now I'm relaxed - I can't be sure


I don't feel you as much anymore and it scares me. Why haven't you come back yet? I can't lose you. I won't lose you. You're all I have. I used to have your nightmares everynight. Now I only seem to have them once a week. Jubilee and Kitty both think I should be happy that I get to sleep through most nights, but I'm not. I'm losing you. Why aren't you back yet?

I think you're so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I'm just scared - I think too much
I know this is wrong it's a problem I'm dealing


I spend a lot of time looking out windows. I just stand and stare for hours. I just look and hope and pray that you will appear before my eyes. That you will just come roaring through the main gate on Scott's motorcycle, but you don't. Bobby found out about the nightmare thing and I almost hit him. He just looked so happy and smug and I just wanted to smack that look off his face. That actually made me smile because with that thought I knew that there was still a little of you in me. But it isn't enough.

If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
Cuz there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you


I spend a lot of time in your room. I lay on the bed and close my eyes and try to lose myself in thoughts of you. Remy found me like that one day. He wanted to know what I was doing. I couldn't explain it so I told him to get the hell out of my face and then I slammed the door in his. Something else that reminded me that you aren't all gone. Isn't that kind of weird? I mean, Bobby and Remy like me and being a teenage girl I should be happy, but I am not happy with their attention like I should be. I'm happy about my reaction to their attention. When I can feel you flowing through me.

I bet you're hard to get over
I bet the room just won't shine
I bet my hands I can stay here
I bet you need - more than you mind


I need you, Logan. Wherever you are. I need you. I know how important answers to your past are and I would never begrudge you finding them, but can't you come back to me? I would go with you. I could help. You shouldn't be alone. I shouldn't be alone. We should be together.

I think you're so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I'm just scared - that I know too much
I can't relate and that's a problem
I'm feeling


Jean has tried to talk to me, tell me that it could be years before you come back. I don't believe that. I think I am in you like you are in me. I don't know how I know, but I do. We are more alike then anyone could ever realize. You need me. I need you. We need each other.

If you're gone - maybe it's time to go home
There's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move
If you're gone - baby you need to come home
cuz there's a little bit of something me
In everything in you


Where are you? Why haven't you come back to me? You promised you would. You're dog tags are around my neck reminding me of that promise. Don't take years. I can't wait years. Come back to me now.

I think you're so mean - I think we should try
I think I could need - this in my life
I think I'm just scared - do I talk too much
I know it's wrong it's a problem I'm dealing