Story Notes:
Just a little fic for the inner voices that get silenced to easily.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Every wondered what Logan was thinking when he was washing his face in the sink in X1?
Warmth flooded through his skin, the scent of distress was still on him even though he tried to wash it away, the scent of Marie, the last thing he remembered was seeing the look of utter joy on Bucket Head's face when he sent him flying backward into the end of the train carriage.

He'd done his best to protect her, to keep her safe nd it hadn't been enough, inside his mind a voice that usually kept itself quiet rumbled up as the water sluiced over his skin.

"Ya should've skewered the fucker faster, if ya'd let *me* off the leash I'd have managed it." Logan let himself drown in the warm water that covered his face, knowing that Wolverine hated the sensation of being unable to breathe. The growl of his voice upped a notch, "YA SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED ME! SHE DID!"

That stopped Logan dead, his hands pushing himself upward, the water dropping away, leaving him to see the face in the steel mirror. The eyes weren't his, they were Wolverine's, the darkness in them made him wonder why he'd been so eager to kill, to rush in when he'd usually avoided everything and everyone. All this over a sneaky theif he'd found in his trailer, all over a girl who'd come to check on him when he'd been having a nightmare, all this over a young woman who'd almost died because of him, all over a human being who actually asked him if his blades hurt when they came out of his hands.

Never, not in fifteen years of remembered moments had anyone ever asked that question. Never questioned if he felt pain, just expected him to fight and stand back up again.

A young woman with no one to care for her, who looked so fragile inside but met the world head on, unashamedly herself, no matter what she'd been handed out by fate. Now she was missing, stolen from under his nose and inside Wolverine was furious. They meant well here but they didn't understand how he worked, they had no clue about this other side of him, what he was capable of.

His gaze snapped to the visitors in his room, Xavier was sat there looking through him, *he* knew what was inside him. Knew that he'd never rest until he found her, she was *HIS*, he'd promised her, the first one he could remember giving and actually meaning it. Something in her matched his own insides and he needed to know what it was and he couldn't do that waiting here. Just before he turned to face them both, his gaze met his own reflection and inside his mind the voice he'd been listening to actually smiled as it spoke, "About fucking time! Go get what's ours!"

All he knew was that he would find her, chase any clue to get to her, it was something both of them could agree on.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading, let me know what you think.