Story Notes:
Just a quickie everyone!
Night at Xavier's mansion was the only time the place was deadly silent and actually peaceful. Logan walked the halls on his security detail, making sure that all was safe for the little band of geeks. He had taken the job, along with a couple others, after returning to the mansion from a five year hiatus. Of course, he wouldn't have if he had known then what he knew now.

When he left, Marie was seventeen, just a kid, and he couldn't do anything until she grew up. So he stayed away for awhile, thinking that when he came back everything would be just like it had always been between them. Except, it wasn't.

The whole ride home he had envisioned an ecstatic Marie dropping everything she was doing to jump into a huge hug with him, at which point, she would promptly get carried off to his room.

Instead, she hadn't even come out to greet him. It wasn't until the next evening that she even managed a mumbled hello, her eyes cast downward as she fidgeted. A week later he found out that she was dating this Cajun and they had gotten engaged six months ago. By then though, he had already taken the job Xavier had offered.

Now, the wedding was only two months away. Marie had wanted to put it off until she could touch, but Gumbo didn't want to wait. So the ceremony had been in the planning process for four months, but Marie had learned control two months ago. That made the Frenchy want to bump the wedding up even sooner, but she wouldn't budge on that. The whole time, Logan wanted to either run off and not return ever or grab Marie and show her what it was like to be made love to. He wasn't sure if they were fucking, that creep's smell was on her all the time so he couldn't tell, but, they had moved into the same room before he came.

Suddenly, a crash in the kitchen drew Logan out of his thoughts. Rushing down the hall, senses on full alert, he slowed when he heard the string of cussing and a familiar scent. Sauntering into the kitchen, his eyes confirmed what his sense of smell had already told him.

Marie was dishing out some ice cream, the microwave was going with the smell of hot dogs coming from it, and two cupcakes and a six pack were sitting on the table. His eyes were drawn back to her when there was another crash and more cussing. Seeing that the ice cream was still a hard block and she was having trouble dishing it, he crept up behind her. Reaching around her to grab the carton and spoon, he held her close when she jumped in surprise.

"Fuck, Logan. Do you have to creep up behind everyone? You scared the shit outta me."

"Don't you think you have enough ice cream dished? You gotta watch your figure, Darlin'."

Logan had been calling her that since he returned. The whole time he was away he thought of her that way and even after he found out about her relationship, he wasn't about to stop calling her what his heart told him. The first couple of times she had acted surprised, looking into his eyes for something he thought she never found. Now though, she just ignored it.

"Maybe I don't want to watch my figure anymore."

Turning her around in his arms, Logan held her close and looked into her eyes. She only looked at him for a second before casting her gaze downward and finally breaking out of his embrace. Not deterred from her by the action, he continued to keep his hands on her. He had always had enough control to stay away from her, but now that he had touched her, he didn't want to stop. Placing his hands on her shoulders, Logan let them slide down her arms, brushing the sides of her breasts, and resting on her hips. Marie's returned attention to dishing ice cream was stolen when he rekindled feelings in her she thought she had given up on a long time ago. He leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Then maybe you should let me worry about your figure from now on."

He emphasized his words by wrapping his arms around her stomach and pulling her into his chest. The few touches had started to drive him over the edge. He was already getting hard and if he didn't leave soon, he would do something she might regret. Except, he didn't want to leave.

"Damn it Logan. Just because ya can't get any from anyone else doesn't mean that you can come to me for it. I'm not some teenage girl with a crush anymore."

Silently she added that she was a woman in love. Again, she broke out of his embrace. The microwave finally beeped that it was done, so she went over to get her hot dog. Opening the refrigerator, she pulled out the mayonnaise and squeezed a big glob down the center. Logan had stayed at the kitchen sink, watching her get the fattening foods. He finally moved into action when he saw her put half the hot dog in her mouth and bite down. Seeing her do that made him want to take the junky food away from her and put something else in her mouth. Knowing that she could throat that much didn't ease his situation any either. Marie startled when she felt Logan pull the hot dog away from her and grab the bowl of ice cream in one swift movement.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me why you're shoving a bunch of shit in your mouth?"

Marie sighed and flopped into one of the chairs. Crossing her arms on the table, she laid her head down to rest on them. Logan had yet to sit down and she didn't think that he would until she started. Taking a deep breath, she launched right into her story.

"Remy and I broke up a week ago. I, um, caught him cheating with one of the new girls. He said that it didn't mean anything, but it still hurt. After I told him it was over, he told me that he had been sleeping with Jubilee for most of the time that we were together and wanted to stay with her. So now, I've lost my best friend and fiancé."

"Is that all?"

Jerking her head up, she looked straight into his eyes. They were concerned for her, but not interested in anything that involved Frenchy. Her own eyes held a strange curiosity, bordering on anger.

"Is that all? Is that all! Logan, I loved him! We were going to get married."

"Darlin', I know you won't want to hear this right now, but, baby, he was no good for you. You deserve so much better. And you haven't lost you're best friend."

Rising up out of her chair, she got right in his face. Sure, she was a lot shorter than he, but she could still pack a punch, literally.

"Oh, and I suppose you're what's really good for me, right? You're here to tell me that you've been in love with me since you left and haven't been able to get me out of your head. But when you found out about Remy and I, you just couldn't cross that line and you wanted me to be happy. So, if he made me happy, that's what you wanted. Is that it? Hmm, Logan? Well, if it is, you can just save it, 'cause I'm not in the mood for lines and a cheap fuck. Like I said, I don't have a crush on you anymore, so get over it."

Marie turned her back on him and went to grab the now melted ice cream that he had set on the counter earlier. He didn't budge, but he did whisper loud enough for her to hear.

"What if I told you that I loved you."

"You heard me Logan, just save it."

Logan turned around and walked over to where she stood with her back to him. Stopping a few inches away from her, he bent down to whisper in her ear.

"I love you, Marie."

She turned around to throw some more angry words at him, but froze when she looked into his liquid hazel pools. Gentleness, love, and white heat resided there, making the words catch in her throat and making her wet. Not waiting for her to take the initiative, he grabbed her in his arms. Instantly swooping down, he took her lips with his, sliding his tongue over them to gain entrance. She granted him that private access and was rewarded with the feel of his tongue filling her mouth. His gentle caresses left her lost in a new swarm of sensations she had never experienced before.

Breaking away before too much more could happen, she pushed him back slightly. Looking back into his eyes, she prepared to tell him the truth.

"Logan, I can't just go head first into this. After Remy, I just have to know. I really loved him. I don't know if I was in love, but I do know that I loved him. And he hurt me more than anyone has ever hurt me in my life. I...I just need you to promise me that this isn't some one time thing, that you'll still be here in the morning, or a week from now, or a year. I can't go through that pain again. I-"

Logan leaned in to kiss her. His smooth lips feathered softly against her gloss covered ones. The sweet gesture lasted only a few seconds before he broke away again.

"Marie, I can't promise that, and you know it. But I can promise that I will never willingly leave you. I want this. I want you. I have for a long time, darlin'."

She almost missed the feel of his hands leaving her lower back to come across to her hips and start to rise up her breasts. Her hands found their way to the base of his neck and his ribs. Tangling one hand in his soft hair, she let the other roam across his chest. Soon she felt him moving his tongue down her chin and neck. He continued his downward trek, moving to take a harden nipple into his mouth, his hand still gently pinching the other. Snaking his other hand around behind her, he caressed her firm ass, something he had longed to do for a while now. Gently pulling her up, he sat her on the counter and stepped into her spread legs, pushing his hardness into her wetness.

She let out a small gasp as she felt herself being lifted up, but the surprise was soon met with the wash of her first orgasm. She had had them on her own, but had denied Remy any sexual contact with her. Deep down, she had always wished that Logan would be her first time. Feeling a slight tug at her shirt, she was drawn back into reality when she felt Logan pull it off. She had on a skimpy halter with no bra on underneath, so she was now naked on top. He continued his assault on her breasts, sucking lightly as he bit down.

Becoming further lost in sensation, she started a slow rocking into him, instinctively wanting his length inside her. He met the rhythm and granted her the feeling. His breath caught when he felt her small hands reach to his waist, pulling his black T-shirt off and then unbuckling his belt and unbuttoning his jeans. Not wanting to be denied her, he pulled her into his arms long enough to unbutton her ungodly short shorts and slide them down her slender thighs. He quirked his eyebrow at her when he realized that she didn't have on any underwear.

"Some habits of yours are hard to break."

She smiled coyly at him before she pulled his head down to hers for another searing kiss. Her hand found its way into his pants and started to stroke his length. Having him in her head had granted her access to the ways he liked to be touched. Bringing her other hand into his pants, she cupped his balls as she pumped up and down his erection. That brought her a satisfied moan and a jerk of the head after just a few seconds.

"Marie, I need you now."

His eyes were pleading with an unasked question. Answering him, she reached around to his wallet and pulled out the condom she knew he kept there. Taking the rubber disk away from her, he ripped the package open and slipped it onto his penis. Pulling her to the edge of the counter, he edged his way into her slit.

Starting the rhythm again, she pushed him into her almost completely. When he felt the barrier waiting for him, he had his answer as to whether or not Marie had had sex with that creep Cajun. Pressing his body into hers, he whispered into her ear.

"This'll hurt a little baby."

Not letting him hesitate any further, she increased the rhythm he had set, effectively plunging his length into her fully. She gasped in a weird pleasurable pain. Letting the rocking continue, he pumped into her until he felt her start to release. Feeling the contractions squeeze at the base of his erection, he finally let himself fall into the same orgasmic pleasure she had. Screaming his name in passion, she collapsed forward into his arms, squeezing the last few spasms out of both of them.

As the afterglow started to fade, Logan grabbed her chin and raised her face to his. Kissing her softly, he looked into her big brown eyes through passion lidded hazel ones. Holding her close, he whispered into her ear again.

"I love you. Forever Marie."

"I love you, too, Logan. I wasn't lying when I said I didn't have a crush on you anymore. I started to really, deeply love you a long time ago. I shouldn't have even gotten involved with Remy because you promised you would come back. I should have waited."

"It doesn't matter now. You're mine and I'm not ever going to let you go. It's just you and me."

Stepping away, he grabbed his discarded T-shirt and tossed it to her as he pulled up his pants. She slid it on as he picked up her shorts, shirt, and finally her in his strong arms.

"How about if we finish this in my room?"

"No. It's our room now."

Marie smiled shyly after her statement, secretly awaiting Logan's response. Her anxiety was quickly laid to rest when he agreed to her little pact.

"Yeah, you're right, babe, it is our room."

He gave her a trademark quirked eyebrow and wolfish grin. Leaning in to kiss her one last time, he carried her out of the kitchen and up the stairs of the mansion.

"And tomorrow, I'm gonna gut Gumbo for breakin' my girl's heart."

"Logan!"

She gave him a playful swat on the shoulder as he opened the door and flung her down on the bed.

The only thing left in the kitchen the next morning was a warm six pack of beers, two stale cupcakes, a cold, half eaten hot dog, and a bowl of melted ice cream.