Walking into The Danger Room, to find Marie’s boyfriend, Bobby, going hard at it with his best friend, the kid that could play with fire, was one of those occurrences in my life I could have lived without. I ain’t never been a voyeur, cause I’ve always liked taking an active part in sex (well, not with another man, cause woman got the more interesting parts) but I was also pissed as blood hell to discover that little jack ass cheating on the one woman *no one* cheated on. Ever. Simple as that. No one did anything that could cause Marie pain, that was Wolverine Rule Number One, it was common knowledge, so I told the two terrified young men that I didn’t give a fuck if they were gay or straight or The Easter Bunny’s sidekicks, I only cared about Marie, which meant she had to be told the truth and fast ass like.





“I’ll tell her today. Now.” Bobby assured, glancing at my hands, to see if the claws were gonna be sprung for his sake.





“Fuck you, asshole. I’ll tell her.”





“Really, it’s Bobby’s place…” I shot John a look that changed his mind. “Of course what does Bobby know? He’s an idiot and so am I. I mean, plain stupid. Both of us, we are very stupid.”





“He’s right. We’re dumb asses.”





“Completely.” John assured and I almost laughed, the little fuckers were so scared they looked like they were gonna piss twin puddles on the floor.





“Stay clear of Marie. If she wants to talk to you, she’ll find you.”





“Yes. Yes, sir. I understand sir.”





Sir? Shit, they were terrified.





“You understand that Fry Fly?”





“Yes. Clearly. Very much.”





I nodded and left them to get back to what they had been doing, once their knees stopped shaking in fear.





I set out to find Marie.





It was easy, I could catch her scent ten miles away and despite the news I had to share, I smiled when I walked into her room, to find her sitting on her bed, painting her toenails some off the wall shade of electric blue.





“Hey, Logan.” She grinned, like she always did when she saw me.





“Hey, kid. How ya doing?”





“Good. Enjoying the whole freedom that comes with being a high school grad.”





“Where are your roommates.”





“Kitty is following Scott around like a lost pup and Jubes is in Remy’s room.”





“Better than you following Scott around or being in Remy’s room.”





She paused in her painting to stick her tongue out at me.





“Listen, kid, I got something to tell you.” I needed to get it said and done.





“Shit, Logan, don’t. I don’t want to hear it. If you’re leaving…”





I held up a hand. “I ain’t leaving, Marie.”





“Oh.” That seemed to please her. “What is it then?”





“Look, there ain’t no easy way to say this, but I…well, kid, I…”





“Logan?”





“I just found Bobby and John having sex. Together. They were having sex. Together.”





“Oh. Is that it?”





“Is that it? Kid, I just found your boyfriend fucking someone else.”





She waved a hand. “I knew it was coming. I’ve known for months.”





“What?”





She tapped the side of her head. “I touched both of them, remember.”





“And…”





“And I’ve known since I touched them that they are in love and before I touched them I kind of suspected.”





“And you’re okay with that? You kept dating the fucker?”





“Well, yeah. You can’t *tell* someone they are gay, Logan, they have to figure it out.”





“That’s not the point, kid. Why did you keep dating someone that wasn’t into you?”





She went real quite, recapping the polish so she could set it on her night stand.





“Truth?”





“Always, kid.”





“Okay. You asked for it.”





“I’ll keep that in mind.” I had to wonder where the hell this was head.





“Me and Bobby kind of each knew all along we were living a lie, but we did it, cause we both needed covers.”





“Covers?”





“Yeah, he wasn’t ready to admit he was gay, so he needed me.”





“Okay. I guess I can understand that, but why did you need him?”





“Well, I needed him to keep me entertained until you finally realized you were in love with me and not Jean.”





She said it really calm and casual like as she leaned back on the bed, braced on her elbows.





“I’ve loved you all along, Logan. You know that.”





“Marie…”





“And I’m pretty sure you love me. So just say it. Deal with it. Me and you are meant to be so let’s *be* already and enjoy the *being* part if being meant to be.”





Someone else might not have understood what the hell she was saying, but I did and I smiled and laughed.





She was right.





It was time to deal.





And *be*.





“I love you, Marie. With all I am.”





“Well, was that *so* hard?”





“No. But I do got something that is hard.”





“Well, well, what’s say we play a game of I’ll show you mine if you show me yours?”





“Sounds like a game we can both enjoy.”





She set up on her knees and looped her arms around my neck and I thanked God she had learned to control her skin.





“I do love you, Marie. Always have.”





“I know. I love you too.”





“Sorry I was so slow about figuring it out.”





“Oh, honey, I knew you would put two and two together soon enough. I mean, if Bobby and John can face the truth, so can you.”





“Forget about Bobby and John. It’s time for you and me.”





“I couldn’t agree more, sugar, I couldn’t agree more.”





THE END