Author's Chapter Notes:
Gen-Techa get raided and Lupa grows up some, puberty hits hard and it's something Logan isn't prepared for.
Being dropped off a mile away from the building, they could see the Gen-Techa signs. If they wanted to be discreet this was not the way of doing it, but if they wanted to blend in it was the perfect disguise. Dressed in shades of grey they both managed to vault the chain link fence easily, there were no patrol of dogs or signs of camera security. The small building in front of them looked harmless, it’s windows reflecting the night making it seem almost invisible, blending it into the environment. Making their way to the rear of the building Hank brought Logan up sharp, as they were about to go around the corner. There was a small bump just under the gravel and Hank gently moved the gravel away with his claws. Two little prongs could just be seen above the surface, Logan hissed his annoyance “Betty’s”.

Hank nodded, as he understood, ‘Bouncing Betty’s’ a landmine that propelled itself upward out of the ground to explode at chest height, doing the maximum damage. Although the lethal versions were outlawed the paint and anti-theft weren’t, they covered you in ultraviolet dust and paint to make you show up on infrared camera’s. So that meant there were some around they just hadn’t seen them yet, probably inside the building proper. Logan strained his hearing to catch anything but the whine of the air conditioners; there was nothing, absolutely nothing. Not even the hum of electrical machinery, creeping further round they both found the cargo area. Popping his claws Logan slid them under the edge and pulled up, slicing a neat hole big enough for them both to get through.

The entire bay was clean; there was no sign of occupation, even the concrete looked as if it had been swabbed with acid. Logan looked over at Hank and they both could smell the faint taint of corrosion still lingering in the air. The bay led to an empty office area, totally cleared of all furniture and scent, the building was a shell. Whoever had been here was long gone and if what Marie had said about the offices, it must have been a rush to clear it all in a day. Feeling frustrated and angry Logan felt his claws fire in the empty space, his need to tear into something sitting high in his chest. Only someone with resources could clear a building like this in a day, someone with money or with government help. He didn’t feel Hank approach until his hand landed on his shoulder, “Come on, there’s nothing here whatever there was has been destroyed or moved. There’s nothing we can learn now.” Turning his gaze to Hank, he saw the disappointment he felt echoed in Hanks own eyes and nodded in agreement. Claws retracting they both made their way out of the building, careful to retrace their steps. When they finally made it back to the pick up point they were both feeling a little better, the annoyance still settling on their nerves.

Checking their watches they knew they had at least an hour left before they were due to get picked up again and Logan didn’t feel like leaving yet. The answers he needed were there somewhere and the determination to find them burned just as brightly as they had earlier. Firing his claws again Hank snapped his head up and scanned the area, straining his ears for any sound or movement that could have caused Logan’s reaction. Finding nothing out of the ordinary he settled back down and watched his friend seethe, knowing that there was nothing he could say to him, nothing that would reassure him that they would find the answers he needed about Lupa. They’d have to work on what they already had and hope that the opportunity to meet Gen-Techa came again. They spent the hour in silence being picked up and brought home with the same amount of information, as they left, nothing. Scott didn’t push it when he saw the look of disappointment etched on their faces and decided to leave it for later.

Logan watched the sunrise and the squat building recede from his view. Silently promising he’d get inside them one day, finding out what they were and who were backing them. What they knew about Lupa and his own family, why they’d asked for Marie especially, why they were interested in the school, why they’d want to know about dealing with young mutants with volatile tempers and powers. He didn’t want to think about it but his mind had a good idea of why and the hands that were pushing the research. Feeling his claws slowly split his skin forced him to clarify his thoughts; he’d be on guard from now on. No more missions away from the school for more than a few hours, no more long stay undercover stuff, he had a family to protect and he’d do it. Feeling his blades lock out fully he brought them upto the light streaming in through the blackbirds windows, the light refracting and sending patterns across the interior. He swore on his life he’d find out what they’d been upto if it was the last thing he ever did, Lupa was family and he wanted to find the ones who’d harmed him. He’d dealt with his own past as much as he could now he had a future and a family and he’d kill to protect them.

The debriefing was short and a non-event really; finding out that Xavier had done some rooting of his own while they’d been gone. It had eased his own fears a little when he’d found that Gen-Techa was mainly interested in the developing third world countries. At least that’s what their information on the internet had provided, Xavier had his own methods of finding out things and he’d let Logan know what he found. The kids were going on their scheduled field trip early just to be on the safe side and this would mean that there’d be a lot less kids around for the next week or so. It was mainly the orphaned borders who stayed behind. While the rest of the kids went to wherever with a parent or guardian, this year they were going to Florida. Down to see and help out at a sanctuary for wildlife, where the kids would get a taste of being normal for a week or so and their parents could see the changes in their children. It helped to heal the rifts in understanding that occurred when mutation showed itself, Xavier had worked hard to get these trips organised and paid for them himself. The kids that were left behind were on holiday themselves; usually there was an atmosphere of relaxation and fun but this time there’d be an undercurrent of security too. Logan volunteered to look after the kids, he saw the look of surprise go through the rest of them. Even Ororo looked shocked until he outlined what he had in mind.

“I’ll take em out to the lodge on the north ridge, we’ll ‘get back to nature’ and we’ll do a little learning too while we’re out there.” Xavier looked at him and he could feel the brush of his mind across his, knowing the question he answered him. “They’ll be coming too, I’m not leaving them alone in the house. Besides there’s not much of a threat out there, the cabin is known about the lodge isn’t.” Logan had built the lodge last spring, with help from a local native contractor; the business had been started when they’d first had the assault course finished. He’d made a deal with the headman and they’d come to terms, only using men that could be trusted to keep a secret. The lodge was a haven in case of attack as well as a training ground; the late summer was a good time to get the kids to go willingly. Anything that got them away from the mansion would be good news, especially if they were expecting a visit.

Things were sorted quickly and Logan was about to leave for home, Hank hung back to talk to him after everyone else had gone. His body was tense and he could see the large man struggling to find the words, “Logan, how do we stand now?” Looking at the large man he could feel the bitter disappointment filling his frame and clouding his features, he needed to know that he still believed in him, still wanted him as a friend.

He was struggling to understand everything that had gone on today, the change that had wrenched through Lupa, the news of Hank’s involvement in Lupa’s life and the dead end at Gen-Techa. “You ever keep anything like that away from me again and I’ll kill you Hank.” He saw the words hit home and saw the truth of it hit him he’d make good on his promise, seeing the heat in his gaze he just nodded in reply. “Good, glad we understand each other.”


Lunar Tides

The preparations were quickly sorted out and the kids left early the next week, most going to Florida to play with the wildlife but first they were going to a theme park. Going to mingle with the masses and lose themselves in a place where they would look like any other set of tourists. Xavier was quite pleased with the way things had worked out, his researches had found nothing threatening as yet but Logan preferred to go on the side of caution. As the group of vehicles had left the mansion he’d waved them all off a feeling of hope going with them, knowing that the most powerful mutants on earth were with them and they’d cope with whatever came their way. All he had to worry about were the twenty or so left behind, he’d been up to check the lodge and things were okay, a little spartan but okay. Lupa had gone with him and he’d shown him the lake beyond the rise that fed the water tank to the lodge.

Switching on the solar cell he’d let the water heat up, they’d both collected firewood for the large fireplace and stacked it to dry under the eaves. The only thing that had given him cause for concern were bear tracks, they were large and heavy, not recent but there anyway. Lupa had been fascinated by them, whining softly as he’d smelt them his eyes following the line of the tracks without being told. Logan had had to grab his hand and restrain him from following the old track, after that Lupa had been distracted. His mind and body on the animal that had passed through here and he’d asked him plenty about it when they’d walked home.

“What do they look like? Bears I mean?” Logan had looked at him seeing if he was being playful or not but the seriousness he had on his face was enough to convince him that he wasn’t joking.
“Well there a bit like Hank, but they walk on all fours, Amber has her animal toys back home ask her and she’ll show you.” Lupa nodded and walked in silence the rest of the way home, Lupa and Amber were getting closer, and they shared time together, just sitting in front of the fire. Amber falling asleep on Lupa and wrapping her little hands up in his fur, cuddling into him like a teddy bear. Marie watched them carefully but as yet, Lupa had done nothing but care for her, being gentle with her when she became a little boisterous. Even when she’d managed to grab his fur on his legs and had come away with handfuls of it as he’d moved away from her, he’d yowled loudly and Amber had cried. She tried to put it back on his skin but it didn’t stick back and Lupa had taken the pain and the itching of his skin repairing itself. Marie had told Amber off but Lupa had just smiled at her and winked he was bonding with her and it made Logan happy to see them getting along.

It was as if Lupa had always been there, as if he knew exactly what was expected of him and when; he’d begun to relax into the house too. As if Logan’s words were taken as gospel truth, Logan had found Lupa in the kitchen yesterday morning asleep at the table. The entire fridge empty, jars and bottles were stacked on the table’s surface, nearly everything empty or just a few sad remains in the bottom. He’d eaten everything, even the mayo that had been in the fridge for too long and he’d been meaning to throw out. Although his stomach had dealt with it fine, he hadn’t been ill and that solidified Logan’s understanding about his own system. He’d eaten nearly everything once and nothing had put him off food, except when Marie had been pregnant. He’d shared the experiences of throwing up in the mornings too and he didn’t want to repeat the feelings. So when he’d woken Lupa at the table, his fur flattened a little by the table he’d blinked and seen the empties around him and just said, “I was hungry.” The look in his eyes still unsure of how far he could go but Logan had noticed the small amount of muscle Lupa had put on. The food had been used up already, his body building itself with each feeding; Marie had come down with Amber then and just smiled. Her face wasn’t one of upset she just looked at Amber who was looking over the kitchen; “Come on it looks like we’re going to the big house for breakfast.” Amber’s cheer met their ears and Logan just helped Lupa up out of his chair a small smile on his lips.
“Your not mad?” Logan looked at Lupa as Marie turned around with Amber in her arms still.
“Mad? What for? I get to take you shopping today and we need some stuff for the camp out anyway. Besides we have some meat left in the larder, if all else fails we can have sandwiches.”

The sudden guilt radiating from Lupa made Marie laugh and Logan went to the larder, there had been half a haunch of venison in there and what had been left of the boar. All there was left was the large bones, every one picked clean, signs of knawing on each one, Logan had met the deeply embarrassed face of Lupa as he whined deep in his throat. The look on his face made Logan erupt into laughter, he knew all about the urge to eat when he needed it. Once he’d demolished the Christmas turkey that Ororo had prepared for the kids dinner, he’d eaten all of it and the trimmings. He’d just eaten as his body had burned every single calorie he’d put in, not finishing until the entire thing was gone including the bread and gravy. He couldn’t admonish him for doing something he’d done before, seeing the laughter Lupa went to the far cupboard in the kitchen and came back with something in his hands. Marie’s chocolate stash, held in his hands as if to say ‘See I did what you asked. I didn’t touch it.’ That made him laugh even louder.

They’d gone down for breakfast and had eaten well, even Lupa managed to put away more than usual and Logan looked over to Hank as they’d discussed the reason they were down there. Hank had asked to check on Lupa’s metabolism and reluctantly Lupa had agreed, leaving both Amber and Lupa behind for the short trip into town to resupply. When they’d returned Hank told them both it was nothing to worry about just that the new diet was finally being absorbed by his body, being used to build the rest of him. He’d need to eat at least every few hours for a while until his system had become used to the regular meals. Amber had been sitting on Lupa’s lap when they’d returned and she didn’t come rushing off his lap to meet them either. She’d just held her arms out to them and Marie had picked her up. This in itself was unusual because she was just sat quietly with Lupa, as if she knew she was safe with him and knew that they’d come back for her if he were there. Logan felt a little spike of jealousy as she didn’t react the same to him as she always did, knowing in some way she’d bonded with Lupa, accepted him as a member of her family.

They spent the rest of the day getting stuff for the ‘holiday’ ready back home; Hank was coming along as was Pieter and Damask. He’d be going back to check on the mansion every day just in case, coming from a different direction every day someone would find it hard to track him. That way he could search the entire grounds too as well as checking on the house. Peiter and Damask were both with them for the summer months, before they left in September for Montana. There were many open spaces there and Xavier had bought several parcels of land out there for a school and training facility to be built. The groundwork was being done as they waited here; a house was being built with plenty of room in the cellars. The story was that Damask was a heiress, she’d come from Europe where her family had disowned her, she was trying for a new private life in the wilderness with her husband. Logan knew it wouldn’t cover all the bases but the rich were weird and he knew money was money in Montana, also the way of defending what you had was older too. He had to finish training Damask to use her hands and personal skills better when she got people up close and personal.

Both of them had popped round late that night to say hello and to meet Lupa, Lupa had been intimidated by the sheer bulk of Pieter when he’d entered the cabin his throat rumbling when he’d seen the big man. The calm gaze finding Lupa’s own nervous one as he’d reached out to shake his hand, finding his own hand was nearly the same size as the one given to him by the giant in front of him. Logan noticing and quickly assessing the size Lupa was going to grow into. The small woman by his side almost lost behind him until Pieter introduced her, Lupa’s eyes had almost started from his sockets when she’d moved toward him. He’d made his apologies and had run upstairs, leaving Pieter’s confused face looking after the young man until he’d taken a deep breath and looked down at Damask. Her skin was pink, a deep blush running the entire length of her body, her violet eyes meeting Logan’s the apology already on her lips as he just smiled, “ I should have warned him, I’m sorry my fault.” Looking at Marie who was trying not to laugh as she helped Damask to the kitchen, taking a surprised Pieter with her as Logan went to sort out the mess.

He’d noticed Lupa watching the other students over the few weeks he’d been with them, his gaze especially centred on the female population. He’d even caught him giving Marie some looks, which he’d rumbled at unconsciously knowing that Lupa would understand exactly what he was getting at without being told. But he’d just dropped Lupa in at the deep end with Damask, the pheromone bomb, he remembered his own reaction to her the first time he’d been in close confines with her. It had taken everything he’d had not to jump on her right there and then, okay she was in control of it more these days but she always had problems around him. Part of her still wanted him and underneath if he was perfectly honest he’d love to have her in bed again but it’d ruin everything between everyone and it’d make Damask hurt too. Climbing the stairs, he could scent Lupa’s frustration and hearing the sound of something hitting the doorframe he hurried up to the closed door.

The whole corridor was filled with it, the scent was strong, everywhere, filling him with itself. Lupa was horny with a capital HORN; he didn’t touch the door he just sent a thought down to Marie, to get everyone back to the mansion including Amber. Hearing her mind ask why he just sent an image of himself when they left it a little too long themselves. He heard the quick quiet voice of Marie moving everyone along and soon there was only him and Lupa in the cabin. Inside he could hear the deep rasping breath coming from Lupa, his scent deeper, stronger, harsher, Logan reached out his hand to the wooden surface and knocked.

Fire was everywhere, the huge man Pieter had been a shock, but it was nothing compared to the smaller woman, she’d lit up his senses like a Christmas tree. Her scent went straight to his groin firing everything off all at once, feeling his body spasm as he ran up the stairs and away from the source of it. Knowing if he stayed anywhere near, her he’d do something he’d regret and the last thing he wanted was Logan to be angry with him. He’d just gotten the door locked when the first shudder went through him, feeling his body swell with something as a hunger deepened, a need fired in his mind. He needed a female, a female of breeding age one who’d accept him, one who’d touch him, let him touch her. His mind surfaced for a moment sensing Logan outside the door in the corridor, then he heard people leaving the cabin. Whining as he realised he done something wrong, they were leaving and Logan was still here with him. Squashing the thought down, no Logan would have told him if he’d done something wrong, they were just going back to the house that’s all. His mind was lost to the swirl of emotion and need that flooded him, the scent of the small woman was wrong, she had opened this but she was wrong for him. His open window beckoned as the knock came on his door, torn between the two he just stood there as he heard Logan speak, “Lupa? You okay?” His voice filled with concern as it reached his ears, the door opening the decision made for him Lupa went out the open window into the darkness.

Something was wrong, Lupa usually answered him when he knocked, turning the door handle he found it locked but he popped it from his side knowing he could apologise later. Turning the door handle, the room revealed itself to him, the form of Lupa fully changed and huge just managing to get out of the window. Running over he heard the thump as he landed on the forest floor, seeing the dark shape quickly lose itself in the darkness. The scent of him wild, feral and full of pheromone he was after a mate, no doubt about it, cursing Logan jumped from the window his fingers brushing the claw marks that were gouged in the wooden frames. Using his own keen senses, he took off after him, hoping he caught up with him first.

The forest was alive with life; small breezes sent him messages that his mind understood without speech getting in the way. Leading him toward the small pond, he followed a breeze, a scent of female heady and deep, this was what he was searching for. Howling into the night Lupa chased the scent down, his body already aroused pointing the way forward as he powered toward it.

Logan heard the howl, sorted out the map in his head of the grounds and paled, the pond. He was heading for the pond, the vision of something else swam up into his mind, Katherine floating on the water her body abused and torn by Sabretooth. The image giving wings to his feet he took the quickest route he knew, he’d be damned before he lost another to the waters there. He didn’t know if Lupa could even swim and in his state, he wasn’t even sure if he’d know what danger he could be in. Swearing to all that was holy to look after Lupa, Logan ran not remembering the one who’d sworn to protect everyone and everything in her realm. The gentle laughter ringing out across the forest as Logan powered through the deep undergrowth lost to his ears by his own progress.

The female was nearby, he could smell her scent, crouched by the waters edge he could sense her, lifting his muzzle he caught a movement a few yards away. Narrowing his gaze body tense and primed to chase, the form solidifying as it came free of the forest edge, broad shouldered, stocky, heavy breasted and hipped she just stood waiting for him. Her scent filling the entire area her hand coming out to him as he slowly rose from the muddy edge, he could see her skin, dark and covered in moss. Her eyes were reflecting the water catching what little light there was out here, he heard her call his name in thick honeyed tones “Lupa, come to me.” He was moving before his mind realised, the desire inside him burning everything into a sharp focus nothing mattered but her.

As he neared her Lupa could scent her better, she was living, warm her scent filling the evening air with its promise. Reaching out a hand to her he felt her hip shift into the clawed grip, her skin soft and cool on his heated palm. He towered over her like this and inside this felt ‘right’, females were smaller, meant to be subservient as his other hand slid around her back. He knew what he wanted, what she in turn was offering him and he rumbled into the darkness. Feeling her body shift down toward his erection her soft skin brushing the sensitive fur covering his body as she slid down.

Logan was lost. How the hell he could be lost in the grounds he knew like the back of his own hand was something he’d never considered but the forest was conspiring against him. He’d ended up over the west ridge, looking down at the school when he’d come from the south slope headed north-west, he’d gone direct. Angry he cursed the air a blue streak and set off again, this time using the paths, it’d take longer but he’d be sure of getting there. A thought appeared in his head, one he hadn’t entertained for a while and a half smile crept across his face. If it was true then Lupa was safe if not Lupa would need some help quickly. Spurring his body into action Logan ran as if the whole of the army were after him.

Heat and wetness surrounded him, lost in the feeling of her wrapped around him, her mouth sliding along his length her grip strong and sure on his body. He’d tried to buck into her, to fuck her mouth but she'd held him fast making him slow down. She was in control here, the sensations she was creating on and within him; he didn’t care who was in control as long as it didn’t stop. His eyes were closed to the sight of her thick haired head running along his erection, feeling her wet tongue surround his heated flesh sucking hard making him growl. He didn’t realise she’d released him until he felt her hands bringing his head down to hers, her mouth still tasting of him as she kissed him. Feeling her tongue drag over the sharp teeth in his mouth, her body pushing into his, hands on her breasts kneading the soft flesh he found there. His body pulsing with need, hips bucking already as he felt her slide across his fur, her hands on his barrel chest pushing him down to the grass. Her strength surprising him as he fell on his tail, her standing over him before she lowered her own body to his, a whine in his throat sounding out as she slid herself down.
The sensations of heat, of tightness, the very scent of her sex sent him into a frenzy, straddling his hips as he pushed up off the grass with his back sending her into his bent thighs. Feeling his face shift so he could kiss, lick and bite her skin, wanting to taste all of her, her body shifting over his as the sensations built inside his body. The rising tide of feeling flooding him, spinning him along like a leaf in a hurricane, he couldn’t stop if he tried. Her laughter as she shifted along him bringing a clawed hand to the front of her sex, rubbing a rough digit against something hard just at the entrance of her, her voice in his head.
‘Learn, feel, taste, know, understand. When you need me I’ll be here,’ Her tight channel tightened on him as she rubbed his thick finger against her, her scent deepened as she began to buck harder, feeling himself go deeper inside her. His body responding to her thrusts in kind, his own throat rumbling with something that wasn’t a threat or a fear response. This was something different, he wanted to roar with the strength of it, the sensation building in his groin, his balls tightening as he felt the first pulses run inside his body. Her hand grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him to her, her mouth showing him how as he came inside her, feeling himself flow out into her, the feeling of release indescribable. Her hand still moving his finger on her, her body still moving on his length as he felt himself throbbing inside her as he emptied himself into her. Feeling her body tightening on him as she shuddered, her own scent deepening as she shifted, a hungry growl leaving her throat as he felt her slickness flow down into his fur. The very scent and sight of it making him want her again, stiffening his erection inside her, releasing his hand she broke the kiss, seeing his eyes wide with hunger. A laugh on her lips as she whispered, “Show me what you’ve learned Lupa, take me how you want to, how you dream it.” Frozen by her words, how could she know about his dreams? The ones where he was just lost in sex, fucking until he couldn’t move, until he was spent in every which way possible. Feeling her clench around him snapped him back to the now, she moved slowly along him the slide of her heated flesh across him snapping any resistance he had. Snarling Lupa grabbed her shoulders and pulled her over, her laughter ringing out across the pond into the forest.