Author's Chapter Notes:
a little action in this chapter. This is also the last chapter that actually follows my original story line. Everything else is brand spankin' new! So I hope you enjoy it and tell me what you think.
Chapter V: A Reunion of Sorts

Magneto was the name of the other man that ‘bought’ me from Mr. Sinister and in the years that I lived with him and under his tutelage I learned a few simple rules to follow.

1. Humans were the cause of all of my pain and suffering, they did it out of fear for the unknown.

2. Pain, aggression, hate, anger, now those were the only feelings you should feel if any at all.

3. Friends are just a liability, just like family. So make this team all you’ve got, because they are about as close as you can get to something you can trust.

4. Trust no one, even the team, and that is a stretch in its self.


At first I was freighted by the ways in which Magneto lived by. Death and destruction were his fortes, a complete opposite of the slave like conditions that I was accustomed to. My new bedroom was even more luxurious than that of what my father kept for us. Instead of Spartan confinements I was given an almost Romanesque quarter that seemed like the top most sweet in a grand hotel.

However these small comforts did not come without their price. My training conditions where treacherous. Harsh retaliations were given to those who did not follow orders in the preciseness in which they where given.

The first week I was there I received a lashing from Sabertooth. Ten to be exact, I still carry the scars as a reminder. The thought alone chills me to the bone and reminds me to never mess up again.

Everything is a formal matter at Magneto’s. Dinner served at exactly seven everyone dressed in their finest. Mine in something green or black maybe a red if Mystique is feeling generous with her wardrobe. Manners are of the utmost importance and poor taste will not be tolerated. I got my hands slapped one time for not asking Mystique to please pass the rolls.

Let’s just say that in the fifteen years that I have lived with Magnus I never really believed in his ‘beliefs’ as one might say. But I didn’t have anything else to go from, so I did what I was told because life was just a little easier that way. It took me fifteen years to master my mutation with out the help of that stupid piece of metal around my wrist. I also became extremely powerful, Sabertooth a.k.a. Victor Creed and his lovely assistant Mystique, taught me how to fight and to kill. Magneto just taught me the knowledge of the world.

In fifteen years I learned five different languages and had a large sum of money stacked away from stocks and other financial endeavors. So as one could say I was pretty damn worldly. But I did all of this with in the confines of the large estate that Magneto owned in New York. I wasn’t allowed to leave the grounds under any circumstances.

However, restlessness was finally taking over and I really hated being treated like a caged animal. Something I believed I picked up from the infamous Wolverine. His name is whispered here occasionally like a ghost from the past. And I would cling to anything remotely close to what was mentioned.

But soon I was to be released upon the world and eventually I wouldn’t have to stay with the idealistic Brotherhood and their unrealistic dream. I knew they battled people like the X-Men and I planed to have them help me in my escape from this horrid prison.

The mission was of simple design, even for Magneto. Wanting me to steal some information from a government base; with help from Sabertooth only, because our usual spies had either disbanded or were in the infirmary down in the basement. So tonight was the night that I, Rogue, would finally be released upon the world as a finely tuned killing machine.

Great, just what every girl aspired to be.

“Rogue suit up were leaving,” Victor barked at me from down the hallway as I rolled off my bed and made my way down to the locker rooms.

I was given a black uniform that didn’t show too much skin at all, just in case something went wrong. It had a dark forest green pattern etched up the sides of the leather pant legs that traveled up under my arms and it also had matching green boots and a matching green ring around the piece of leather that protected my neck. The only skin that showed after putting on my short leather gloves, was my face.

“Everyone knows what to do?” Magneto asked as he put that stupid bucket looking helmet on. I just nodded at him and followed Creed to where our ride would be waiting.

Ten minutes later we were on the outskirts of the base. I had a moment’s flash back as I noticed similarities in this base and the one I used to live at all those years ago. Magneto made quick work of the metal fence and Sabertooth took out the guards as we waltzed into the lab with barely so much as a scuffle. I made it to the control room while Magneto and Sabertooth made sure I had a clear exit.

I downloaded the files on the mainframe computer in the control room on to my flash drive and ran out of the building as quickly as possible. I made it outside when I heard Sabertooth’s loud roar.

“FUCK!” I screamed as I saw Sabertooth get fried by a bolt of lighting. Magneto was fighting a woman with red hair and a man who was shooting laser beams from his eyes. I just rolled my eyes at the scene. They couldn’t even make me an exit for ten minutes.

“Yo! Mages I got the stuff let’s get goin,’” I hollered at him as I started to sprint for the little exit Magneto had made for us prior to entering.

“I don’t think so!” Screamed the woman who apparently shot Sabertooth with the lighting bolt. I just smirked at her she really had no idea what she was getting into.

“And what exactly are you going to do about it?” I asked her placing a hand on my hip and giving her my best cocky smirk. But that’s when I noticed the guy with laser beams start to approach me from my right.


“Storm, fry her!” The man told the white haired woman. I looked at the tall man before me and smiled with a sick satisfaction that I had of course picked up from my newly forced friendships.

I walked with sultriness only a fine southern woman can come by and allowed Mr. Tall and handsome to do his best. I came with in touching distance of him when that red headed witch telepathically threw me up against one of the cement walls.

Pain seared my body as I slowly rose from the ground. Anger now replaced my once playful attitude. As I stood up and walked almost painfully towards the red headed woman I couldn’t help but see her ugly red head like that of a bull in the fighting ring.

“Now sugar that ain’t no way to make friends. Didn’t your mama ever teach you good manners?” I asked her with a smile. She just looked at me with an anger that almost made me laugh.

“Who are you?” She asked through gritted teeth as we started to circle one another. I noticed that Sabertooth looked down for the count and Magneto was nowhere to be seen as we continued our fighting stances.

“Oh honey I am the Rogue, and I don’t play very nicely at all,” I said to her as I leapt towards her with an ungloved hand. She didn’t seem to get my hint at all as my hand came within a hairs worth of distances from her perfect face.

“Well neither do we!” Came the howling wail of a voice that tickled the back of my brain, a familiar voice from long ago. It was until tall and handsome had me down on my back that I realized who it was.

“SLIM!” I whispered barely over the noise of the small battle that was ensuing. He looked at me for a moment behind those rube quart glasses in what I assumed was confusion until he recognized who I was.

“Rogue?” I heard him ask me and I just smiled softly to him, hope spreading through me like liquid fire.

But nevertheless, the red headed woman I had noticed earlier didn’t realize that I wasn’t attacking him yet smiling out of reorganization and relief. Because she picked me up telepathically and threw me into the side.

“JEAN NO!” Slime screamed at her as I picked my self up from off the floor.

I watched as he moved over to me but a masculine hand closed tightly around my waist. I turned to see Victor’s snarling and blood caked face as he nudged me to move behind him.

“Time to go pet. Magneto say’s move out,” he told me in his usual barbaric way pulling me away from the one chance of freedom that I believed I would ever have.

I started to struggle against Sabertooth’s strong and near possessive hold on me. Until I felt the all too familiar chill of Magneto’s presence lingering just behind me.

“Rogue,” He said to me and I realized looking around that the battle had stopped for now.

“It’s time to leave,” he continued to say to me and I continued to move towards Slim. Hoping to get back to him. But when he stopped and looked from me to Magnus I knew something wasn’t right.

“Your with them?” Slime asked me with a face of disappointment and near disgust.

I just shook my head at him trying to make him understand that ‘no I wasn’t with his enemy.’

“You know what they say Cyclops. A life for a life,” Magneto told him as Victor jerked me back behind him and back towards our escape pods.

I watched as I was slowly dragged away from my brother and my only chance at freedom. Probably my last chance too.




Chapter End Notes:
Okay so things get better after this. The plot thickens and we start to follow the movie alot. So please enjoy! Remember reviews and flames are welcome. If you don't like something then tell me. I can not improve my writing style unless, you the reader, help me with it. So thank you!