Author's Chapter Notes:
Yet another really corney chapter sorry.
I was woken the next morning by two large hands grabbing me and pulling me from my bed. I was scared and started to scream but a hand quickly closed over my mouth. Fear gripped my heart quicker than anything I had ever felt before.

“Time to go sweetheart,” said the all too familiar voice and that’s when I really started to panic; it was too soon, I was supposed to be giving Logan breakfast in an hour. He was going to flip the moment I didn’t show.

“We’ve decided to move up out little project due to some disturbing news that was obtained last night,” My father stated rather harshly as my eyes grew big as I continued to listen, he knew about my phone call. This meant he knew about Logan and me. I started screaming and thrashing around trying to reach out to any one or anything that might be able to hear or help. Unfortunately my prayers would never be answered as I was hauled further away from the comfort of my bedroom.

He took me down to the lower levels, hauling me down that dark corridor like it was my own personal path to hell. Dragging me past Scott’s cell, who stood up immediately when he heard my struggling and muffled please for help.

I hardly paid attention to Sinister as he rambled on to me about how stupid I was and how I had ruined everything. That’s when I bit his hand, hard enough to draw a small amount of blood. His hand quickly left my mouth allowing me enough room to scream.

“HELP ME!” I screamed as loud as I could, struggling against his tightening grasp that he held firmly around my waist.

“God would you just, SHUT UP!” He screamed at me and back handed me up against the left side of my head. I was left slightly dazed by the contact.

I felt him open one of the cages and then with a less than nice push he threw me into it, I hit the cement floor with a loud thump. Crying out from the short pain, I quickly without delay ran back towards the opening of the cell. Sinister just glared at me before slamming the door right into my face.

“You can stay here until your new owners arrive, I don’t keep traitors in my facility, they just become a liability. Don’t you understand how stupid you really are? What you’ve done? You’ve ruined everything! And for what? For that stupid excuse of an experiment, a nameless animal that would sooner kill you than actually love you. You really are pathetic and a waste to this facility and to my dream,” He spat at me as I glared back defiantly. My eyes left his momentarily as I felt the presence of another in the tiny cell and I quickly diverted my eyes from Sinister to the creature crouching in the dark corner of the room.

For a moment I was confused and then realization hit me hard. A pair of golden eyes stared at me like prey as he slowly crept from his darkened corner into the light. My enslaved hero approached me cautiously, looking at me with out a trace of recognition as he licked his lips which slowly turned into an up-turned lip showing off his impressive canines.

“Oh don’t worry my dear, he doesn’t remember you at all,” Sinister told me with a wicked smile, “we’ve had to move up the testing and this new drug in his system, apparently it’s more than just enough to make him forget. Don’t want our little pet knowing where we are if he decided to escape or some how released by outside sources.” He said to me menacingly as I looked at him in shocked horror. He knew everything apparently even the X-Men’s soon arrival. I quickly turned my attention back to Logan.

“No…” I whispered with a choked sob. Not wanting to believe those horrible words. Not wanting to believe what that actually meant for Logan and me in the long run. Even if he does escape he won’t ever remember me. I will be a lost piece of his life like so many other things.

I started to move towards him with caution as I had all those years ago. At first he started to growl at me, a low throaty growl that I knew was my one and only warning. But I was still to stubborn and persistent as I inched closer.

“Logan….” I was only inches from his face and let my fingers hover there for a moment.

I tentatively brushed his slick skin with the tips of my fingers hoping he would register my touch if only for a second. However my hope was quickly dashed as he roared like the animal they had successfully turned him into and plunged three nine-inch metal claws into my chest. I really couldn’t feel it at first but I gasped in pain and looked at him my eyes staring straight into his golden ones.

“I’m…I’m so sorry Logan…,” I panted out in short breaths as he dug them deeper into my torso an almost feral grin crossing his once lovely features, “I couldn’t save you before… before I…I left-- I love you Logan… always have… always will,” I told him as blood slowly began to drip from the corners of my mouth, gurgling at some moments as I struggled to say my last good byes.

Then I saw it the yellow that had dominated his eyes only moments before slowly starting to show the all too familiar flecks of hazel in them as recognition set in. He retracted his claws and I fell to the ground limply, clutching my chest, trying to stop the bleeding that was now gushing from almost everywhere.

I watched as Logan stepped back from me in sheer fear as I lay bleeding on the floor. Then he reached for me tentatively almost afraid to touch me, how ironic, and that’s when I reached over and took off my bracelet that stopped my mutation.

“Logan….my mutation,” I sputtered out as another wave of blood gurgled out of my mouth.

He seemed to understand me as he inched closer as I slowly started to fade into unconsciousness. I felt his callused hand skitter across my flesh until he finally gripped my right arm. I felt the pull even before he had time to register it as his love, his devotion, his willingness to protect me and his confusion poured into me. As I felt my body slowly knit its self together I felt him grow limp and motionless on my right side. Eventually I pushed his heavy body from me as he collapsed to the ground like all my victims before him.

I sat there for what felt like hours watching him as he slowly came back from unconsciousness, looking around with his now hazel eyes searching for me. He started to come closer to me and I flinched back involuntarily and scooted towards the bars. Feeling the all too familiar buzz of my mutation I tried to get as far away from him as possible.

He looked momentarily taken aback as I tried to become as small as possible. A new kind of fear that I had never felt for him came off me in waves. I could smell it thick in the air and knew it had to be part of his mutation as well.

It felt like all my senses where on fire. Everything was so well defined I could taste the blood that still lay sticky on the floor all the way in my corner. It was enlightening to say the least. I looked straight at Logan and the look he gave me was one of pity and self hatred.

Slowly I integrated Logan into my system becoming one with his unusual physic. I had an animalistic dominance that could never be matched. In short I felt completely empowered.

“Hey sugar that was some kiss you gave me,” I smiled at him my once brilliant green eyes now golden like a cats in the moonlight.

I moved from my fetal position to one that mirrored Logan’s. Loving the free and powerful feeling I hoped would never be flushed from my system. I cocked my head to one side, looking more like a curious cat than the innocent girl I was only days before.

Logan just seemed to stare at me, seizing me up like an opponent as we slowly started to circle one another. I filtered through his memories quickly learning everything he knew, like a giant computer. Soon I was able to fight with him as an equal and I am almost positive Logan understood that as I took up an all too familiar fighting stance.

“Rogue,” he said warningly to me as I felt three small bone claws slowly slip out from between my knuckles. A release that felt oh so good and almost too exhilarating.

He stared at me then, looking slightly confused by my new equipment and almost back up away from me. I grinned in satisfaction. Logan really had no idea what I was made of, what the extent of my mutation really was. That one day I might become the strongest mutant on the planet.

“Marie,” he said this time, pleading as best the Wolverine could. I stopped and stood up then cocking my head to the side at the familiarity of the name.

Soon however I felt Logan’s powers start to fade as if him saying my name was the trigger. Brilliant green was soon showing through the vicious yellow as I soon left Logan’s feral nature pass through me like a second coming.

I shuddered as the bone claws slowly disappeared back into my hands and eventually disappeared all together. I shook my head as I let the ferocious emotions of Wolverine wash away. Logan took a cautious step towards me and I snapped my eyes up to him quickly.

“Marie,” he said again like testing water for poison.

“Logan,” I said if not too casually.

“I was afraid that you forgot me, that once I was gone I wouldn’t have any reason to fight whatever they did to me until you could find me.” I told him honestly as I turned from him.

“I could never forget you darlin’ never,” He said with a conviction I believed then. He reached for me and turned me into his arms. I leaned my head against his chest and shuddered a sigh. But soon I heard the all too familiar echo of footsteps coming from down the hallway. My heart stopping as I listened to my father’s voice echo from down the corridor. Logan started to growl and pushed me behind him, hiding me from my fate.

"you’ll take care of Slim for me when Xavier comes for ya’ll,” I told him as I clung to his chest.

“You got it kid, but I doubt that’ll happen,” He said like a promise and I hugged him tighter to me, closing my eyes tight as I heard the door open, praying against the heavens that this wasn’t for real, that this wasn’t the end.

“Ah there you are my dear, now these two gentlemen will be your new owners,” I could hear my father talking and feel Logan’s chest rumble as he continued to growl at the two men who entered with my father.

“Well, well, if it isn’t the little runt? How do you like captivity? And looks like you got your self a nice little pet too, how lovely?” I could hear one man say to Logan in a voice similar to his.

“Creed if you don’t want me to rip your fucking head off I think it would be in your best interest to back the fuck off,” Logan warned the man named Creed who only laughed at him. Creed I know that name from Logan’s memories. As I searched Logan’s memories I realized that he wasn’t a nice man at all. I shuddered against Logan who just backed me up closer to the wall behind us.

“I’m getting real impatient,” said an older voice to Creed and my father, “does that remarkable metal run throughout your entire body?”

Then I felt Logan’s body go stiff and I shot my eyes open. The man held out his hand wide and then slightly flicked it, sending Logan flying across the cell against the cement covered wall. I screamed and made a dash for Logan who lay on the ground groaning but was slowly getting up. Thank heaven for his healing abilities. But before I could reach him two large hairy, claw like hands grabbed me around the waist and pulled me away from Logan.

“No! Logan!” I screamed as I fought against the man who held me. Then I heard Logan’s roar and a sick sounding rip. I turned to look at him as he lay pinned to the floor. Creed pulled me out of the cage, my fighting seemed effortless against him, and after my father closed the cell door Logan was released from his pinned position on the floor and he ran towards the bars. I stretched my fingers out as far as they could go but they couldn’t reach his out stretched hand.

“LOGAN! NO!” I screamed and cried out to him reaching for him as they carried me away from his cell. Creed pressing my body as close to his as possible, who I noticed was staring at Logan with a smirk.

“MARIE! MARIE!” I could hear him yelling as I was carried down the hallway, I looked over as I passed Slim’s cell, he was at the bars looking blindly out from behind it. Listening in on all the commotion.

“SLIM!” I yelled, “Whatever you do go with them! Go with them!” I screamed at him as I was forced to continue down the hallway. Hoping Slim would understand my meaning later on, and that with a saddening heart was the last time I would ever see either of them again.






Chapter End Notes:
see where getting there we're getting there. it's just taking me a million years to do so. lol