Story Notes:
I have been bitten by this Logan/Marie bug that keeps pumping out stories...I think I have an addiction that may require a 12 step program or a support group of some kind.
Curl. Faith. Hope. Love.

You heard the old saying involving those three things. Right?

Faith. Hope. Love. But the greatest is love.

Sure you’ve heard that. If I have, I know most others have.

Course I never had much use for faith, hope, love, or any of the other fluffy shit that goes along with that.

My motto has always been more like this:

Fight. Fuck. Fight.

Only two things I ever been good at…only two things I have ever know how to do, and I do them well; Fight. Fuck. Fight. Liked it that way. Never saw any cause to make a change or add something new to how I work things…

Then she came along.

Marie.

Who in the hell ever thought one brown eyed girl could totally change the way a man saw the world just by smiling at him?

Wish someone along the way would have warned me about little southern girls…wish someone would have said to keep up my guard should I ever encounter a sweet little southern bell in a run down bar in Canada.

Then again, glad no one did warn me.

Wouldn’t change meeting my Marie for nothing.

Would change a few of the things that happened following that first encounter.

Could have lived without that run in with Sabertooth.

Wish we had never had the accidental stabbing in my room.

Actually, could have pretty much been happy without all the shit that went down with Mags and the X-Geeks.

Just grateful my girl survived it all.

Was after the nightmare was over that she told me how her mommy had told her about the saying regarding faith, hope, and love.

She told me that since her mutation had kicked in, she hadn’t had much use for any of those things.

Until me.

She said I was the first person in months she ever had faith in…the moment she saw me in the cage, she said something inside her told her it was okay to trust me, cause I was an upstanding guy.

To that, I said ‘darling, think a again. Nothing standup about me.’

Course she said that was bullshit, cause someone who wasn’t a standup guy would not have tracked her to the train station when she ran off…said someone who wasn’t a real standup guy wouldn’t have stabbed himself in the chest, then touched her to save her life, all the while knowing he could have died for his efforts.

Said those things proved that her faith in me was well placed.

Which lead to hope.

Said that cause of me, she had hope the entire time that Mags had her…had hope that I would find her.

Me and not the X-Geeks.

She hadn’t placed no stock in them.

I was her hope…her chance…said even when she was in that machine, she kept right on holding on to the hope that I would get to her in time.

And I did.

Said I also gave her hope that she could be more normal…cause I was willing to touch her made her hope that she could freely touch the world again one day; I renewed her hope that her mutation was something she could learn to control with time.

That kind of led us to the love.

Said she knew from the start that she was meant to love me.

Simple as that.

Had nothing to do with age or mutations or what the world thought about us, she just knew from the word go that she was meant to be mine and I was meant to be hers…it had been fate’s intention for us to meet up in that bar, for us to connect as we did, and even if I was not ready just yet, she knew I would realize soon that I loved her to, and until then, she just hold on to the faith and the hope.

My girl has got a way with words.

She was right though.

I was not ready for the love thing.

Hell, I was still trying to wrap my mind around the faith and hope.

So I took off. To find the past. My long lost past…

But brown eyes were all I could think about.

Shit.

Was about two miles down the road when I realized I was in deep.

But I kept going. Went to the old base. Found nothing.

Almost felt relieved.

It meant I could go home…to her.

Got there to find Icy Numb Nuts sniffing around her.

Course she didn’t give a shit about the kid, he was too young and too soft and too just not me, as she told me later and I smiled at that.

Spent some time talking to Chuck, was planning on sitting down with Marie later and laying it all out for her, but all holy hell broke lose before I could.

Once again, the world seemed to be crashing down around us…there were men with guns…the Stryker guy that I knew I knew but couldn’t remember…had to run with my girl and those two boys that annoyed the shit out of me.

Had to work with the X-Geeks to save the world once more.

Nearly died when Marie went flying from the plane…God knows I still owe Kurt for bringing her back to me.

Told the blue guy that I’d name a kid after him one day.

Mine and Marie’s kid, thank you very much.

Course a lot of other shit went down, found out some stuff about my past and realized that I no longer cared and then Jean went and died to save us…we went back to the mansion to find it in shambles.

Agreed to stick around and get things in order, but as soon as I hard a free moment, I pulled Marie aside and told her about my take on the hole faith, hope and love thing she had already shared.

Told her that she was the first person I had ever had faith in…she was the only one in the world worthy of faith cause she was the one person that made me feel as if I were more than some animal.

Told her that she gave me hope…she gave me hope for the here and the now and the future; she gave me a reason to hope that tomorrow would be better than the past had been.

Told her about the love then…told her that her love was the greatest gift anyone had ever given me…told her she was the first person I had ever loved and would go right on loving for the rest if our lives.

Faith. Hope. Love

My girl gave me all three.

Told me again that she loved me…told me it was forever as we made love for the first time…told me she had learned to control her powers why I was away but she hadn’t told anyone else cause she wanted me to be the first to know.

Six months later, married my girl.

Year later, had a boy and named him Kurt.

No my Marie is pregnant again.

A girl this time.

Think I want to call her Faith.

After all, Faith comes first.

Faith. Hope. Love.

They say the greatest of these is love.

Don’t disagree, but when you have all three, when you have the faith, hope, and love like I do with my Marie, you got more than any man could ever ask for and a hell of a lot more than I ever thought I would find.

But I think God everyday that I did find it.

THE END