I watch her from a distance, my heart aching in my chest, my mind unable to ignore the cold reality that she will never belong to me. She will never look at me like she looks at him, as if the sun rises and sets in his eyes…she looks at him as if he is all that matters in her world and truth be told, I suppose that he really is. For them, the deal of a lifetime together is already sealed, no one could come between them, no one can make any real effort to win her heart cause her heart is his. I can flirt with her and smile at her and I know she’s flattered when I tell her that she’s a true beauty, but being flattered don’t mean a damn thing at the end of the day, cause when she goes off to bed, he’s the one at her side, holding her close, smelling her sweet scent as they drift off to sleep so securely wrapped in one another’s arms.





It was hard for me, for a while. I mean, really hard. I almost couldn’t stand it. Seeing the two of them together was like a knife in the gut, it made me want to scream and yell and break something with my bare hands. I wanted someone or something to hurt, like I did, each time I heard her say his name and laugh, her eyes dancing, her smile so bright it seemed to radiate all the warmth and light a man needed to survive.





I thought about running, taking off and never coming back, but even as I had that thought I knew I could never really go anywhere, never really leave for any long length of time, cause some almost twisted something inside of me compelled me to be close to her. Just in case she needed me. Just in case she changed her mind. Just in case fate decided to throw me a bone and give me what I want so bad I can taste it…I know one day I might make myself go insane, being so close to something I can never really have, but what else can a man do?





The worst thing is, I didn’t ask for this, didn’t want to feel like this, I had a damn good life going before I laid eyes on her, but even if I could go back, could turn back time and make it where I never met her I wouldn’t do it.



I need her in my life.





Even if she’s just a friend, even if I just have to watch from the shadows, I have to be close to her because she fuels my soul with love and my life with light.



She’s everything I ever wanted and more.





I knew it the moment I saw her.





I knew it the moment I blasted the seat belt apart so Ro could pull her from the burning truck.





She changed my life that day, but it didn’t matter, cause Logan had already changed hers.





Rogue belongs to Logan.





Rogue loves Logan.





And me, I’m just her good buddy Scott, living proof that The Good Guy, doesn’t always get the girl in the end.





THE END







Title: Did I Mention…

By: Lisa

Summary: Humors piece about a conversation between Marie and Sabertooth after he straps her into Magneto’s machine.

Disclaimer: Not mine.

Feedback: Pretty please.







“You’re not gonna get away with this.”





“Shut the fuck up.”





She huffed and glared at him, her brown eyes filled with fire. “You just wait, you big ass, hairy ape. Logan is so gonna gut you. He’s gonna kick your ass from here to Canada, so if I were you, I’d just let me go now and make a run for it.”





“I said shut up.”





“I know what you said, asshole, but clearly, I’m not gonna shut up.”





“Mother fucker.” The mutant known as Sabertooth barked out a bitter laugh.





“Yep. It’s not gonna be pretty. You’re guts just hanging out.”





“I heal just like your buddy Logan.”





“Yeah, but Logan is a better fighter than you and he’s better looking and he sure as hell smells a lot better. Haven’t you ever heard of soap and water? It’s kind of a common as well as fairly inexpensive thing.”





“Girl, I swear to God, if you don’t shut up…”





“What are you gonna do?” She taunted. “Can’t kill me. Mags would get pissed.”





“Fuck Mags.”





“Yes, well, I’ll leave fucking Mags to you.”





“You are smart ass for a little thing.”





“What did you expect? Me to be all Emily Post? You kidnapped me.”





“That was Magneto’s idea.”





“Yeah well, I figured that. Something told me you ain’t the brains of the operation.”





“Shit.” He blew out a breath, looking at her, already strapped in the machine.





“Am I getting on your nerves?”





“You are making me think the human’s plans to kill all mutants might be justified.”





“Don’t let Mags hear you say that, Scary Hairy.”





He let out a growl. “How the hell did I end up on baby sitting duty?”





“You are lucky, my friend, to get to spend time with me.”





“Shit.”





“Did I mention Logan is gonna kick your ass?”





“About fifty fucking times now.”





“Care to make it fifty one?”





“Christ. Are you sure annoying someone to death ain’t your mutation?”





“Well, we know charm ain’t yours.”





“Look, just shut up.”





“And be a good hostage? I don’t think so.”





He sighed. “Magneto owes me for this.”





“What’s he pay you with, raw meat?”





“Girl…”





He stopped, the smiled as the message came through his ear piece.





“Well, girl, you’re friends are here. It’s time to play.”





“Okay. Well, I guess I will start screaming for help.”





“Sounds like a plan.”





“Hey, Sabertooth?”





“What?”





“Have I mentioned that Logan is gonna kick your ass?”





THE END