Story Notes:
Another song that brought Logan and Marie to mind.
Can you keep a secret?


He came to her the first time, six months after the hell they had all endured at Alkali Lake and she knew what he needed the moment his haunted hazel eyes found hers and she reached out a hand, silently telling him that it was okay. She needed him as much as he needed her…she needed his warmth and his passion…she needed to feel him close to her in a way in which she had never felt another.


These walls keep a secret
That only we know
But how long can they keep it?
'Cause we're two lovers, we lose control



By unspoken mutual agreement, his visits to her room and her visits to his were a secrete they carefully guarded, but not out of shame or fear of what those around them might say or think. They simply wanted to keep it pure, to keep it special…they had found a true harbor in one another and they wanted to hold to that for as long as possible, just as they wanted to hold to one another, long after the passion was spent and the sweat cooled on their flushed bodies.


We're two shadows
Chasing rainbows
Behind closed windows
Behind closed doors



Two souls, lost and needy, battered and abused, they could find peace together, in the quite still of the darkened night, they could see one another clear and beyond that, nothing else mattered.


If walls could talk
Oooh... they would say I want you more
They would say
Hey...ever felt like this before?
That you'll always be the one for me



No matter how often he touched her, or in how many gloriously wonderful ways, it was never enough…it could never be enough to satisfy the hunger she had for him and all he had the means to give her.


If walls had eyes
My... they would see the love in sight
They would see
Me...in your arms in ecstasy
And with every move they'd know I love you so
I love you so



No woman from his past had ever done to him what she did…no woman had ever truly made love to him. With all the others, it had been sex…it had been physical and fast and it had held no meaning, but with her…with her it was love making that involved more than the body, because she made love to his heart and his mind and his soul.


Two people making memories
Just too good to tell
These arms are never empty
When we're lying where we fell



Each night in her arms gave him something precious, it gave him a memory…a warm and beautiful memory to overshadow the bad memories that had haunted him for so very long.


We're painting pictures
Making magic
Taking chances
Making love



He took her to new highs, introduced her to pleasures and sensations she had never thought possible…he showered her with praise and warmed her from the inside out, effectively chasing away the chilled fear she had thought she could never escape

When I'm feeling weak
You give me wings
When the fire has no heat
You light it up again
When I hear no violins
You play my every string
Stop the press
Hold the news
The secret is safe between me and you - walls
Can you keep a secret?



He was her inspiration, her passion, he was the love of her live and she was not only his love but she was his salvation; she was his laughter and hope…she was perfect and she was his and nothing else mattered. They were lovers, they were in love, they had a true right to feel and need and come together again and again, bodies hot and hungry and holding one another close as the walls stood guard and the night shrouded them in a tender embrace.

The End