Remy and I had been dating for nearly a year, when I found out that he and Jean had been having an affair for well over seven months and while I had never really *fallen* in love with him, I had certainly cared so it hurt like hell to find out he had bedded Jean behind my back. I was so furious, I wanted to scream and cry and I wanted someone to please tell me *why* Jean got all the attention…*why* did everything with a dick want Jean so badly they couldn’t think with the brain God had meant for them to think with rather than the one they seemed to prefer listening to? *Why?* I think I asked Jubes and Kitty and Ro to please answer that for me…for the love of God, what did she have that I didn’t have? What? First she’d had Scott wrapped around her finger, until he had finally tossed her from his bed after he found out she had slept with Logan who had left on one of his trips north three months later, after he discovered Jean had been sleeping with John and NOW Remy had fallen for her charms that apparently only men had the powers to see.





“I don’t get it.” I raged, pacing my room, while Jubes and Kitty set on my bed, listening to me. “I mean, in all honesty, I have had Jean issues since I got here, cause of how she and Logan flirted and all, but then she slept with Logan and that was bad enough and he and I weren’t dating and now…” I had to pause to take a breath and I threw up my hands in the air.





“First of all, men think with their dicks and they gravitate towards Jean because she has this kind of homing beckon that invites them to store said dick in her…”





“Jubes.” Kitty snapped, cutting her off.





“Chill out, baby girl. Scott’s all yours now. He ain’t interested in that ho.”





“I know that, but hell, I don’t like to think about *anyone* having sex with Jean.”





“Yeah, well, it ain’t my favorite topic.” I sighed and set down in the chair at my desk.





“What do you want to do, Rogue?” Kitty looked at me serious. “I mean it, whatever it’s gonna take to make you feel better, we’ll do it.”





“She’s right, girl. Name it.”





“I can phase into Jean’s room when she’s sleeping and cut off all her hair.”





“That sounds good.” Jubes flashed her trademark evil smile.





“Or we can steal all Remy’s underwear, take them into the woods, roll them in Poison Ivy and then put them back in his room…”





At that point, I laughed and shook my head. “Right now, I just want to forget that every man in my life wants Jean instead of me.”





“Why do I think you’re bothered more by the fact that Logan slept with Jean than by the fact that Remy did?” Kitty asked, her eyes curious.





“Because I love, Logan.”





“Still?” Jubes didn’t look surprised.





“Always.”





She and Kitty exchanged a look at that and I sighed and said I was going for a walk, to clear my head.





I needed some space, some air, but I made it to the foyer before I ran into Remy, who wanted to talk, and he refused to listen when I said I was interested in talking, that he and I had nothing left to say.





For some reason, that made him mad.





“Maybe Remy wouldn’t have slept with Jean if you had been willing to give him what he needed.”





I knew what he meant.





Sex.





Just cause I had learned to control my skin after the Carol thing, Remy had thought we should fall into bed together.





I had wanted to wait.





He had waited long enough to make it to Jean’s bed.





I told him to fuck off, I left it at that, and went outside, having no idea that my dear old friends Jubes and Kitty were upstairs making a call that would eventually bring a major change into my life.





***************************************




For about a week after learning about Remy and Jean, I avoided everyone as much and as often as possible. I didn’t want to be looked at with pity, I didn’t want anyone to ask questions and I sure as well did have any desire to see Remy and Jean together, just for the sake of my pride that had already been battered to hell and beyond and Jubes and Kitty were good about keeping others at a distance. And though she never dared, to admit it, even to me, I knew that *somehow* Jubes had been responsible when Jean ended up with yellow dye in her shampoo.





God, I love that girl.





And Kitty.





My buddies in crime.





They are proof that there are some things, some people, in life that you can always count on.





I was sitting in my room, smiling a little, recalling how Jean had screeched and cried at her *new* hair color when a knock at my door shattered my thoughts.





“I want to be alone.”





“Tough shit, kid.”





I went still, telling myself that was it, I had finally lost it, I hearing voices of people that had been gone for nearly a year.





“Logan?”





The door opened and he stepped inside, looking so wonderful, so perfectly familiar, I was off the bed and in his arms before I could remind myself that I needed to have a more adult reaction.





But, God, his arms around me felt so good.





“I’ve missed you, Logan.”





“I’ve missed you too, kid.”





We both pulled back to smile at each other.





“What are you doing here?”





He had been gone for so long, I was afraid I might never see him again.





But now he was back.





Dropping his bag to the floor, he kicked the door closed with his foot, caught my hand and guided me to my bed where he set down beside me.





“Got a call.”





I frowned a little. “A call?”





“Before I left, I gave my cell number to that little yellow wearing girl…”





“Jubes.”





“Yeah. Jubes. She called me. Her and the calmer one.”





“Kitty.”





“Yeah. Scooter’s girl.”





“They called you?”





Massive confusion here. Please clear it up.





“I told Jubes or whatever, to use that number to call me anytime she thought you might need me, or if she thought you might be in trouble and she called and she said you had been upset lately.”





I winced. “She told you about Remy?”





“He’s a fucking ass, Marie.”





“Logan…”





“Jean ain’t got nothing on you.”





That comment prompted me to pull my hand from his.





“She has something. You slept with her.”





“I did. I thought I wanted her. Realized too late I didn’t.”





“Too late?”





“Realized too late that Jean, she’s all image and illusion, and I thought I wanted what she acts like she is, but I realized too late that something real and good and pure was right in front of me and that was what I really wanted.”



I could feel tears in my eyes.





“Look, Marie, I know you and Remy…”





“I never loved Remy.”





It was his turn to frown. “Then why are you so upset?”





“Ego. First Jean sleeps with the man I love, then she sleeps with my boyfriend.”





“So the boyfriend and the man you love are different people?”





“Logan I know men are slower than women by nature, but you have to know I love you more than life.”





He sighed. “I thought I screwed up.”





“You did. But not so bad it can’t be fixed.”





“So you still love me?”





He sounded so hopeful it was heartbreaking. “Always.”





“Want to get out of here for a while?”





The question surprised me for a moment, then I smiled.





“Alaska?”





“Alaska or anywhere you want to go.”





“Alaska.”





I moved into his arms again, clinging to him.





“I’m glad Jubes and Kitty called you.”





“I’m glad too.”





“I love you, Logan.”





“I’ll never let you down again, Marie. Never.”





I smiled at the promise, knowing he would keep it, suddenly not caring what everyone else saw in Jean as long as Logan saw in *me* what he needed and I knew he was all I had ever or would ever need.





THE END