When I was a little girl, growing up in Mississippi, long before my mutation decided to kick in and pretty much ruin my life as I knew it and love it, my momma was careful to teach me that a properly breed and raised southern young lady ALWAYS remembers to mind her manners.





Always.





This meant crossing my legs properly, even if I was wearing pants, never speaking while I was chewing, and respecting my elders and all authority figures by saying ‘yes ma’ma’, ‘no sir’, ‘thank you and please’.





Always.





Well, almost always, Momma added in a whispered tone.





As with all rules, there were exceptions.





At times, it was understood that even the most ladylike lady couldn’t behave like a lady, simply cause circumstances would not allow it.





Sometimes, a lady had to say to hell with manners and kick a little ass.





And southern ladies, well let’s just say we southern ladies have the corner market on the being able to kick ass.





It’s in our blood.





You ever seen Gone With The Wind.





Old Scarlet could flirt and flaunt and curtsey with the best of them, but when good, old fashioned push came to shove, Scarlet got down and dirty and she did what she had to do to survive.





Scarlet proved that we southern bells might look like magnolias, but beneath the satin and silk exterior, we are steal through and through.





Always remember you are a lady, Momma would say, but keep in mind, Marie, that you are a southern lady and as such you can hold your own in any situation and if the need should arise, you can easily fight for what is yours and win.





In other words, when manners failed to get the job done, kick off the heels, hike up your skirt, and kick ass as far as ass the ass in question needs to be kicked.





Well, as a properly raised southern lady, the lessons my momma taught me stayed with me even after my skin turned into a deadly weapon and I began hitchhiking my way to good old Alaska.





I never forgot to say ‘please’ when I asked for a ride and ‘thank you’ when one was finally offered and I set with my legs crossed and hell, I even followed another of my momma’s suggestions by always wearing my seatbelt.





That kind of proved to wise decision on my part when I hitched a ride with Logan.





Damn man still doesn’t wear a seatbelt.





As Momma often said, you can teach an old dog new tricks easily, but teaching a man to do something that is good for himself is like trying to build a snowman in hell.





In other words, it was pointless.





Anyway, back to my original rant, no matter what happened in my life, I held on to all those lessons I had learned from my momma and I was even polite to Eric when he up and kidnapped me.





I minded my manners with the professor.





I always called Scott Mr. Summers to his face.





Of course, thanks to Logan, in my mind, he was always Scooter or One Eye.





I said ‘please’ and ‘thank you’ and I showed nothing but respect to all the teachers at the school and when I graduated and joined the team, I still behaved like a lady as much as possible.





Naturally, it’s hard to mind manners when in a battle.





And whenever I absorbed someone, I tended to be less than polite.





I mean, Eric is kind of angry.





And Logan…well, Logan is Logan and the word polite means about as much to him as a seatbelt means.





And Carol, when I killed her, she was highly pissed and a little difficult to process, so until I got her locked away, I tended to be a little difficult.





But technically, that wasn’t me and everyone around the mansion understood.





Well, everyone but Jean.





Jean liked to say I just used my inner Eric and Logan and Carol as an excuse to be rude.





Jean liked to say I was unstable.





Nothing I could do or say earned any respect from Jean and she was forever just a few steps behind me, ready to point out any mistake I made…she loved seeing me fail and she took delight in letting the world know I was far from perfect.





And she was.





Jean saw herself as perfection.





Jean saw herself as a woman.





Jean saw me as a child.





A mentally unstable child.





A mentally unstable child that Logan adored.





It all came down to Logan, with me and Jean, cause I loved Logan from the beginning and at first, Logan was all about Jean, but he realized soon enough that she was just a pretty face with nothing decent to offer.





He realized she was a bitch.





And after a while, he realized I wasn’t a child.





He realized his feelings for me had always been strong and true, it just took him some time to realize it and once he did realize it, he just stepped back some to allow me to grow up.





But he was always there.





Always.





He was my best friend, my protector, the one person I could turn to for anything; he was there to hold me when I had a nightmare and comfort me after I killed Carol…Logan was my everything in every sense and the night I turned twenty one, I went to him and I told him, that enough was finally enough and it was time.





I told him I was twenty one, I could control my skin, I had a firm handle on all the voices inside my head and I knew and had known for a long time that I loved him, only him, and he was the only one I would ever love.





Ever.





I dropped the robe I was wearing to the floor.





I was naked under it.





Logan was speechless.





I’m pretty sure someone in heaven had to take note of the fact that Logan was actually speechless cause that was I first, I am sure.





Well, once Logan finally found his voice, he told me I was right, enough was more than enough and it was time.





He told me he loved me too.





He told me he would always love me.





As for what happened next…well, my momma also told me that a lady doesn’t talk about the delicate matters of sex and what takes place in the bedroom, so I will just say this for what happened next.





HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!





WOW!!!





JESUS HELP ME!!!





Logan was worth the wait.





And thank God the waiting was over.





I could have that man anytime my little heart desired.





I am a lucky, lucky, lucky girl.





I grin like a fool as I say that.





And I was grinning like a fool the morning after my first night with Logan.





And it was easy for most everyone at the mansion to guess what had happened.





And they were happy for us.





Well, everyone except Jean was happy.





I didn’t have to be a mind reader to know the look Jean sending.





Red was pissed.





Even if she had Scott, she still wanted Logan looking at her and flirting with her.





Most of all, she didn’t want Logan with me.





I guess I should have anticipated what would happen next, with Jean being Jean.





She kicked the bitch mode up a notch.





Every time I turned around, she was there, with a snide comment, telling me that me and Logan would never last and he would get board with me and move on and find someone else.





Logan wasn’t a long term guy.





He was a fuck them and leave them type.





And he would leave me.





For the most part, I ignored her.





Then she went too far.





She corned me one day and she told me I really must be unstable cause no woman in her right mind would want Logan long term anyways cause he was nothing but a mere animal.





He was a freak, she said.





He was uncivilized, she said.





And I snapped.





You see, Jean talking about me and bad mouthing me was one thing.





I didn’t care.





But when she started talking shit about Logan, I remembered what my momma had said about a lady knowing when she needed to kick off her heels and hike up her skirt and fight.





Well, I wasn’t wearing heels or a skirt.





But if I had been, the heels would have been off and the skirt hiked.





Cause I was ready to fight.





I slapped the bitch upside the head.





She slapped me back.





And it was on.





We went at it like wild cats, but it really wasn’t a fair fight.





I got the super strength.





Of course, even without the super strength I could have kicked her ass cause she was just a wimpy little thing.





We were in the kitchen when it started and we nearly demolished the room, rolling all around on the floor.





There were handfuls of red hair everywhere.





Jean’s shirt was torn and my hair was a mess.





Her nose was broke.





Took Logan and Scott and Bobby to pull us a part.





And I want it noted that I was not trying to hit Bobby.





I adore Bobby.





He just got in between me when I was taking a swing at Jean.





And Charles knew a dentist that was able to save his two teeth and repair all the

damage and I told him I would wash his car for three months to make up for it.





Of course, I made no apologizes for kicking Jean’s ass.





Me and Scarlet, we fight when we got to fight.





Of course, me and Jean had to explain what had happened to the professor and even though Jean turned on the tears Charles saw through them and he told her to get her act together.





To leave me alone.





Of course, we had to split the cost of repairing the damage done to the kitchen.





And Logan couldn’t stop laughing.





He thought it was as funny as hell, me beating the hell out of Jean and that night, as we laid in bed, I told him about all the stuff my momma had taught me about manners and kicking ass and he smiled and kissed me.





The he told me he hoped I would one day teach our daughter the same lessons.



I told him be could bet his ass I would.





After all, we southern ladies always pass on the important lessons in life.





You know, always say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’.





And when push comes to shove, kick of the heels and hike up the shirt.





And kick some ass to fend for what matters most.





And nothing matters more than my man.





Nothing.





The End