Story Notes:
My Jean Issues seemed to have resurfaced a little. I have been nice to her in the last few fics, so I am sure this phase of hate will pass as soon as I hear more info on Hallie Berry’s attempts to make X3 all about her.
After Logan left to search for his past, everyone around the mansion seemed to think they needed to walk on eggshells around me. No one would say his name out loud, if I was in the room, and the looks that I got…Jean, Scott, Ro, even Bobby, they all got this pity in their eyes and I just knew they were all thinking ‘Poor Rogue, abandoned once again…first her parents toss her out and then Logan just ups and leaves her to nurse her obvious crush on him…’…a girl doesn’t have to be a mind reader to know what those around her are thinking, but boy are they all wrong.

Dead wrong.

For a group of supposedly educated people, there are some true dumb asses living up in this fancy mansion.

First of all, they are all stupid if they think I feel as if Logan abandoned me, because that is not the case. He didn’t. He left me here for safe keeping while he went to look into his past and I understand and respect that. Man wants to know where he came from, if he has any family wondering around out there, and I don’t begrudge him that because when Logan walked out that door, I knew, via his assurance, and that of the Logan in my head, that he would be back.

And secondly, what I feel for Logan isn’t some silly little crush, I happen to love that man with all my heart and soul and guess what, Jeannie, I know that Logan loves me right back, and not as a friend or a sister or a daughter.

Take that Miss I Am The Perfect Woman…Logan only flirted with Jean to try and keep himself distracted from what he felt for me, but by the time he left, I am pretty sure he was on his way to facing the truth. Even The Wolverine can ignore the obvious for only so long…what me and Logan share is a connection that transcends age and time and all the other shit Scott and everyone else gets so hung up on. Logan and I are just meant to be, plain and simple…he is mine and I am his and when he called me a week after he left on his search, I knew his resolve to stay away from me was weakening and it made me smile.

Mainly, during that first conversation, he just told me where he was at, how far he had gotten in his travels and he asked me a lot of questions about school and how I was being treated. Wanted to know if I was happy…was One Eye getting on my nerves and did I feel like I could fit in okay there, and because it was Logan, I told him the truth; I told him that Scott hadn’t bugged me too much, but as far as being happy and fitting in, that didn’t seem likely. I was a freak among freaks, after all, and the only time I had been happy was when he was around…he was the only one who had ever made me feel normal and safe and I found myself shocked when he said it was the same for him, that I was the only person that ever made him feel as if he were more than just some fucked up killing machine.

Of course, I was quick to tell him that he was perfect, as far as I was concerned, that no one was better than he was…I came close to using the ‘L’ word but I held back and Logan promised to call again.

And he did.

The very next week.

In fact, Logan made it a point to call me once or twice a week the entire time he was gone and our conversations always lasted at least two hours or more…we could easily talk about anything and everything and we did.

And then the week came that Logan called and Jean answered and told him that I could not come to the phone.

Bitch told him I was out. On a date.

Later, I found out that Jean had told Logan that I had fallen hard for Bobby, that he and I were together all them time…she told him that it looked like I was in love with Bobby and he was in love with me.

She was, of course, lying through he collagen enhanced lips.

I was not on a date.

I was in a padded cell in the med lab, overcome by the new voice in my head.

Sabertooth.

At Mag’s bidding, Sabs broke into the mansion one afternoon to try and snatch me away, they figured they could do it more easily with Logan gone, but Sabertooth got the surprise of his life when I latched onto him with my bare hands.

Sucked the life clean from him.

Needless to say, he was more than a little pissed and he naturally did what he could, to take over my mind…he was loud and angry and filled with rage…he wanted me to hurt those around me and myself, so the Professor had me locked away, telling the others it was the only thing they could do for me. If I was gonna battle Sabs back, it would be up to me to do it…no one else had the means, Charles said and Jean gave a nod to indicate that she agreed, but already, the good doctors was hoping I was as good as gone forever.

That’s why she told Logan I was on a date.

That was her way of keeping Logan away, cause she knew if she told Logan what had happened, he would come back and touch me, to give me extra strength to fight old Sabs for control and Jean didn’t want that.

Jean was a telepath, after all.

Jean knew it was me, Logan wanted, even when he told her that his heart was hers she had known he was just trying to lie to himself and that pissed Jean off.

After all, Jean wanted Logan.

And if she couldn’t have him, she was sure as hell gonna make sure that I didn’t have him either.

Have I mentioned that Jean is a bitch? Serious. Scott deserves better. He is actually a good guy. He came down to the lab everyday and talked to me…he talked to me as if I were just Rogue, he would tell me what was happening around the school and all and right before he would leave, he would speak to Sabs and tell him that it was only a matter of time before I got in control again, because he knew I was strong and brave and beyond that, I had Logan in my head to help with the battle.

See. He really is a good guy. (can’t blame Kitty for being in love with him)

Anyway, for over a month, I was locked up with me and Sabs in a battle for final control and during all that time, when Logan called, Jean answered and she always had a story about me not being there.

I was out.

With Bobby.

My boyfriend.

I pause to laugh here, because Bobby was never a contender for boyfriend for me or any other girl in the mansion…he and John were totally an item and how mind reader Jean didn’t know that is beyond me.

Everyone else sure as well knew.

Even Scott.

Wonderful, dear, blessed Scott who answered one of Logan’s calls one evening, when he called an hour earlier than usual, hoping to catch me and when he asked Scott if I was already out with Bobby again, Scott asked him what in the hell was he talking about.

It was then that the shit hit the fan.

Logan explained that he had been calling me since he left, but for the last month or so, Jean had always answered and explained that I was out…I know hearing how Jean had lied must have hurt Scott, but he kept his feelings locked up as he told Logan that Jean had not been at all honest with him. I was not out, I had not been out…Scott was the one that had to explain to Logan what had happened with Sabs…he had to tell him that I had been in the med lab for over a month in a struggle to regain control and as soon as Logan heard the truth, he was ready to kill Jean for lying and the Professor for not having contacted him, but Scott told him to calm down, to give him a location as to where he was at and he would be there in the Blackbird in an hour to pick him up and bring him home to me.

Well, needless to say that Logan was close to the edge, by the time Scott got him to the mansion and Scott was pissed after having learned more about the lies that Jean had told, so when they came rushing into the med lab together, they nearly scared poor Ro out of her skin.

Jubes, who had been in there trying to talk to me through the force field, later told me that Jean went white at the sight of Logan and before Logan could say a word to her, Scott told her that he was done with her. He said she was not the person he had thought she was, she was cold and hard and horrible and he said he wanted nothing more to do with her ever.

Jean, of course, cried and said he didn’t understand, but Scott said he was done with trying to understand her, he would move out of their room before the day was over, and he said that if Logan kicked her ass for what she had done, it was what she had coming.

Logan, however, was more interested in seeing to me than dealing with Jean…he called out to me through the force field, and I looked at him…for the first time since I had take in Sabs, I could fell myself close to the surface…I think I actually said Logan before Sabs began to battle back.

Again, it was Jubes that told me Logan ordered Hank to sedate me…he was going to touch me…no one dared argue for fear they would get to meet his claws up close and personal.

I was out cold by the time Logan came into the cell.

He cupped my face in his hands, Jubes said.

I could fell him rushing into me.

All he thought and felt.

All the love he had for me.

All the dreams and hopes he had for the future.

He spilled into me and he screamed at Sabs that I was his.

Mine.

Mine.

Mine.

Mine.

Me and Logan combined in my head…well, that was more than old Sabs could ever hope to handle.

Took me less than two hours to get myself reestablished as the dominate voice and by then, Logan was awake and I walked right into his open arms, crying as I told him that I loved him too and everyone around us - Jubes, Scott, Ro, - they all had tears in their eyes when Logan kissed me and we discovered that my skin had ceased to have any effect on him.

Turned out the fresh dose of Logan and Sabs helped me find the key to control my skin once and for all.

At that point, all I wanted, was to be alone with Logan, but Jean chose that moment to walk into the lab and I kind of snapped.

So did her nose.

Hey, she had to coming. I wanted to find her and hit her again when Logan told me how it had nearly killed him inside to think of me on a date…Jean had nearly ruined the most precious thing in my life and for that I will never forgive her.

Neither will Scott.

Or the Professor. He told Jean she needed to move on. And no one was sorry to see her go, least of all Kitty, who happily took it upon herself to help Scott heal the hurt Jean had inflicted.

Even with Jean gone, however, neither me or Logan wanted to stick around, so we decided to move up to Canada to live in a little cabin Logan had there.

That was three years ago.

Next month me and Logan are gonna make a return to the mansion for Scott and Kitty’s wedding.

I’m the Maid of Honor.

The very six months pregnant with twins Maid of Honor.

To say that I am happy with how my life has turned out would be an understatement, because I have all I could ever want; I have the most amazing man in the world in love with me…I am about to have two beautiful babies and thanks to Sab’s healing, I know me and Logan are gonna be together for a long, long time.

Yep, life has turned out pretty damn good for the once homeless, once untouchable girl and her former cage fighting bad ass lover.

The End