“I ain’t doing it.”

“Logan…”

“Don’t you fucking Logan me.” She ain’t gonna wrap me around her finger this time, no sir, I’m gonna stand strong and be sure to stand my ground on this one.

“You aren’t being reasonable.”

“Not, shit. I’m The Wolverine. I’m never reasonable.”

She gave a heavy sigh. “Sugar, I love you…”

“I love you, but I still ain’t doing it. Ever. Not happening.”

“But you’re the best man, Logan.”

“I know.”

“You and Scott, even if you insult one another with ever other breath, are friends and he asked you to stand up for him at the wedding, which means there are certain things you have to do.”

“And I’m doing a lot, Marie. I ain’t told Jean she can do better.”

“Yes you did. Several times. You tried to tell her Remy would be better than Scott.”

“Well, I was kidding.”

“Yeah. Sure.”

“I’m doing that all male party for him.”

“Yes, Logan, you are, and I know it is a challenge for you to have to drink beer and sit and watch some women take off their clothing and shake their ass and tits.”

Okay. I could hear the sarcasm there. Crystal clear.

“Darlin’, you know no one has an ass or tits that compare to yours.”

“Oh, Sugar, Shakespeare has nothing on you.”

“I bet old Shakespeare couldn’t make you scream…”

She held up a hand. “I get the point, but don’t try and distract me.”

“Darlin’…”

“Logan, this is tradition. It has to be done. And in this case, it has to be done by you.”

“But…”

“Not but. Not excuses. You will do it.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Logan…”

“Marie, if I stand up at the reception in front of all those people and say *nice* things about *Scooter* no one will ever respect me again.”

Shit. She laughed. Right in my face.

“It ain’t funny, Marie.”

“Sugar, you don’t have to stand up and declaring your undying love for Scott, you just have to say a few not insulting things and wish him and Jean luck.”

“But…”

“Look it at this way, you’ve already asked Scott to be the best man when we get married in three months, so he’s gonna have to stand up and say nice things about you.”

“It’s not the same. It’s easy to say nice things about me. I’m the best.”

She smiled. “God, help me, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Her eyes have gone all flirty.

Shit.

“Logan, can I ask you a question?”

“Marie…”

“Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have sex on the Blackbird?”

And now I am rock hard.

“Yeah…”

“You ever imagine sitting in that pilot seat with me straddled you?”

Can’t breathe. Need air. Need blood to travel north and not south.

“Marie…”

“You give your little speech at the reception and I will take you on that jet afterwards and I will show you the time of your life.”

“That’s quite a promise, Marie. I’ve had a long life.”

“Baby, I am up to the challenge.”

Oh shit.

I am so whipped.

So much for ground standing.

Oh, well. Maybe I can think of a few nice things to say. I mean, Scooter don’t smell bad and he likes hockey, even if he likes shitty teams.

“Darlin, one day, we are gonna have an argument that I’m gonna win.”

“Sure we are, sugar, sure we are.”

“Marie…”

“Come on. Let’s go work on your speech.”

She gave her ass a good sway as she turned and walked away and naturally, I had to follow, cause she might have won the argument, but I think I can turn this speech writing secession into a good round of love making.

After all, my weakness for her is equaled by her weakness for me.

And let’s face it, that don’t call me the best for nothing.

THE END