The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a three week coma, and rendering your man to a near dead state is a pretty quick way to end your relationship, just in case any of you gals have ever wondered. It kind of turns a guy off, when he knows that touching you in even the most innocent manner could result in him having the life sucked right on out of him, so I was hardly shocked when old David sopped calling. I couldn’t blame him, in reality I couldn’t even feel hurt, cause I was too busy hitching rides and struggling to just stay alive to worry too much about how, had my mom and dad not kicked me out, I still wouldn’t have made it to junior prom cause I couldn’t picture any boy I knew wanting to dancing with a girl swathed in clothing from head to toe.





After the whole ‘boyfriend in a coma’ incident, I didn’t expect my love life would be all that exciting or, you know, even exist at all, but when I got to Mutant High, sweet and so adorable Bobby was there, making ice flowers for me and asking to show me around the school. It was…it just meant a lot to me, that this obviously good looking guy had a real desire to spend time with me, so even though I was already kind of (please read that as totally) in love with my hero Logan, I knew he only saw me as some kid, so I just decided to go with the flow. If Bobby wanted to hang around with me, hold my gloved hand, and steal a kiss through a scarf, I figured what the hell, enjoy it, Rogue, and don’t blow it by putting him in a coma.





Well, me and Bobby, I kind of knew we were not gonna last forever, and I am happy to say I did not put him in a coma, but I did get dumped on my ass when Bobby came to me about a month after Alkali Lake and he set me down and he told me that he was really, really sorry, but he had found someone else.





He was in love with someone else.





He was in love with John.





John? Pyro? John that had run off with Mags and come back after a month?





John? His best friend? My friend? John?





Okay. I am not gonna like, that was a pisser. Getting dumped is a pisser.





Getting dumped cause your man is in love with someone else is a pisser and when it’s a total shock…well, logically, I knew that Bobby being gay was just a simple fact about who he was, just as it was a fact he was a mutant. He hadn’t turned gay, he hadn’t just up and decided to be gay, he hadn’t been recruited, being gay…well, it was just part of who he was, but because I was the one being dumped, and because I am a little on the dramatic side at times, I had a few moments were I couldn’t help but wonder if I had done *something* wrong.





Time and time again, I asked myself, did Bobby finally realize his feelings for John cause I wasn’t pretty enough? Had I not be girly enough? I hadn’t put him in a coma, with our one non scarf kiss, but maybe I had slobbered too much or used too much tongue or not enough…maybe because Logan and Eric and David lived in my head, I kissed more like a boy than a girl, but if that was the case, wouldn’t that have actually been a good thing?





I posed all of those questions to Jubes and Kitty and finally Ro, who told I had not done anything, Bobby was gay because Bobby was gay and it had nothing to do with me, which I needed to realize.





So I did.





I took a few deep breaths, got myself together, and me and Bobby and John, we were friends like we always were, only it was John and Bobby holding hands, instead of me and Bobby.





A little strange at first, but I got use to it.





And I swore off dating. How could I not? First kiss in a coma, first real boyfriend realized he was gay…two plus two equals no dating for Rogue, cause something odd is gonna happen no matter what.





And I still loved Logan.





Logan that had went off for parts unknown, after Alkali Lake, though he did call at least once a month and I loved hearing from him but I still told myself repeatedly that I was a kid to him, so when Remy came to the mansion six months after Bobby hooked up with John, I decided to reverse my decision not to date when Remy asked me out.





I knew, from the word go, that Remy was a flirt, and a playboy, which is why I never did give my heart to him (well, that and the fact that my heart was Logan’s) so me dating Remy was kind of casual.





A causal thing that went on for six months.





It was a month after my encounter with Carol that Remy came to me and said we had to talk and all I could think was he was about to tell me he was gay, but instead, he said that we had to break up cause there were things about me he couldn’t quite deal with.





Well, you can’t say that to a girl and not expect her to wonder, so I asked just what in the hell was it about me he couldn’t deal with?





I mean, I had learned to control my skin.





I could kiss him and not put him in a coma,





He didn’t want to tell me, but I demanded the truth and finally, the fool ass man tells me that he can’t handle the fact that I am stronger than him now because of the healing and strength I got from Carol and that being with me makes him feel weak, like he ain’t a real man.





When he said that, I laughed.





I couldn’t help it.





I mean, first kiss in a coma, first real boyfriend gay, second real boyfriend such a idiot he can’t deal with the fact I am stronger than he is…I laughed so hard I cried and Remy, he found that just insulting but I was still laughing too hard to stop him when he got up and stomped off.





Well, once again, I decided no dating for Rogue, cause I just have some shitty ass luck when it comes to the dating thing and added to that, I wanted Logan.





Then something happened.





Logan came home and announced that he was home for good, he took a job and he joined the team.





He moved into a room across the hall from me.





It was thrilling and wonderful and I decided that I was gonna take one more shot at the dating thing so after Logan had been home for about two weeks, I went into his room one night and I looked at him.





I asked, is there any chance, any chance at all, that you are gay?





Well, needless to say, The Wolverine didn’t like being asked that, he said fucking hell no, he ain’t anywhere near gay.





I said, I didn’t think so, but given my history, I had to ask.





Then I looked at him and asked if he was put off or turned off by the fact that after

Carol I was stronger than him.





He frowned and asked why that should bother him, cause he saw it as a good thing and it meant I could handle myself and he was glad for it.





Good, I answered.





Okay kid, he asked, what’s with the questions?





I figured I owed him the truth so I said, look I can control my skin, so I can’t put you in a coma (again) and you are certainly not gay and you don’t mind that I am stronger than you so I was thinking that since I ain’t a kid no more and since I have been in love with you for pretty much ever, we should hook up.





Well, I stayed all calm saying that, but my heart felt like it was gonna beat itself right out of my chest as Logan smiled real slowly and then nodded and said that it sounded like a plan to him cause he had always loved me, he had just been giving me a chance to grow up, and since I had grown up to be beautiful and smart and strong, it was time for us to be what we had always been meant to be and that was together.





Oh, yeah….bring it own.





Well, I can assure you, Logan is so not guy.





And he likes my strength, cause we have matching stamina that can go for hours and hours and hours.





Let me tell you, the fucking pink bunny don’t have nothing on me and Logan.





We are matched perfectly, heart, mind, body, and soul and I know me and Logan are gonna be together forever so once again, I have given up dating cause I don’t

need to anymore.





I got what I need.





I got what I wanted.





And it was worth the wait.





As for the drama along the way with comas and gay and insecure boyfriends…well, I could have lived without that, but as Logan says, it will make an interesting story to tell our kids someday.





THE END.