For seven months, she was kept in a cell while her belly grew round. Once it became obvious she was pregnant, she was given more comfortable surroundings, although it was still a cage.

Understanding that the company would be good for her, they allowed John to keep his life after his third sample. Although he was still used frequently, they were both feed well and taken care of. They wanted no complications in the birth of what would most likely be their prized assassin.

And for seven months, Rogue fell deeper and deeper into a depression that would for change her forever. She had been sure that Logan would have found her by now. That Xavier would have used Cerybro to find her. But maybe they had given up hope. Maybe Logan had moved on. Her belly was growing bigger and more round every day, and her thoughts were getting darker all the time.

“They’re coming.” She heard Pyro’s warning just before the scientists reached her cage. It was time for another ultrasound exam. They had been doing this weekly since she had arrived.

“Are you ready?” Something was wrong. The doctor wouldn’t meet her gaze. Usually, the woman tried to joke with her and make things seem as normal as possible.

She climbed into the wheel chair, sitting down comfortably, trying to ignore the nagging feeling in her heart. She hadn’t noticed the man that had followed the doctor, nor did she see the gun he carried. She was already out of the room when the bullet, muffled by a silencer, hit the only friend she had known the last seven months.

They arrived at the sonogram room in only a few seconds, and, as the nurse helped her onto the exam table, Rogue watched the doctor prepare a needle.

“This is just a Rogam shot, to make sure that your blood doesn’t kill the baby.” The doctor announced quickly, before plunging the needle into her arm.

At first, everything was fine, but, after a moment, the room began to swim before her head felt dizzy. The last think Rogue heard was the doctor telling the nurse that they should felt her on the operating table quickly.

Rogue awoke to what felt like tugging along her lower abdomen. She opened her eyes to find herself staring at nothing but a blue paper drape. She couldn’t feel anything but the tugging, and she realized that her entire body was numb.

“She’s awake, doctor.” The voice came from just behind her, and she realized that she couldn’t even move her head.

“Hello, Rogue,” the doctor said quickly, a strange, eerie tone in her voice. “Welcome to the birth of your daughter.”

“No…” She found that she could at least speak. “It’s too soon. She’ll die.”

“I don’t know about that, Rogue.” She could feel the doctor’s sadistic smile twist. “We have a full team of doctors and the best medical equipment anywhere. Besides, she’s in great health. I think she’ll survive. Maybe a little on the small side, but that should just make her stronger. And here she is!”

Rogue heard the scream of her daughter being ripped from her. Her child was being taken from her, and there was nothing she could do to stop it. As tears began to slide down her cheeks, she heard one of the nurses ask what they should do with her.

“Take off the collar first. She’s too weak to be able to control, or even use her mutations.”

“And then?”

“Leave her. She’ll die on her own. We don’t have time to stitch her backup; he’s only an hour away. Besides, Sabertooth doesn’t wan her any longer. He thinks she’s used.”

Rogue could do nothing but scream, hoping that who ever was on their way would kill her.