“I’m sorry, Logan. Not even Magneto knows where to find her.” It had been the only time Charles had ever been unable to look anyone in the eye. If he had been here, instead of hiding on Mur Island, it was possible that he could have stopped Rogue’s kidnapping easily. “It’s been three months, Logan. I cannot locate her or Sabertooth. I’m not even sure she is still alive, Logan.”

Logan couldn’t control his temper any longer. He grabbed the elder man by the lapels of his jacket, bringing him up to his level. “Don’t you ever give up on her,” he spat in the man’s face, before setting him back in his wheel chair none to gently.

He quickly left the room, ignoring the rest of the Xmen. He had nothing more to say to them, knowing in his heart every damn one of them agreed with Xavier.

He stalked back to his room, ready to grab a few necessities before hitting the road, ready to find his mate.

Surprised to find his door open, he gently pushed on it, wanting to sneak up on whom ever was inside. As the door opened, he found Cloud sitting on his bed, her black duffle bag resting besides her, waiting. He should have known it was her when he hadn’t picked up a scent outside. He should have known it was her when he hadn’t picked up a scent outside of the room. Very few people actually knew that Cloud could blend in anywhere, even hiding her own scent, despite her physical mutations.

“What do you think you are doing?” He asked slowly, closing the door behind him.

“Going with you.” Her answer was casual and matter of fact. She reminded him more of himself than anyone in that moment.

“Nope. You are going to stay here and go to class.” He grabbed his own bag from under the bed and took it to his dresser while he spoke. “I’m gonna be gone for awhile, kid. I don’t know for how long, but it could be years.”

“She was kind to me when everyone else treated me like a child… or an animal, Logan.” Cloud forced him to meet her gaze with that statement, realizing that was exactly how she had treated him. “Even before you came back and she got the cure, she accepted me. I need to find her, too. I’ll either go with you or on my own, but I’m going.”

“Why shouldn’t I lock you in the Medlab and leave?”

“Because I got a feeling that I know what she is going through.”

“Oh?” He quirked an eyebrow while crossing his arms over his chest.

“There are three hundred underground breeding facilities in the US; that we know about. You are going to need someone to help you track, and someone one who can hide in plane sight. Now, you’re a great tracker, the best; but you kind of standout. If we have to go after all three hundred facilities, we’ll have to find them all, first.” She kept her eyes connected with him, and he understood exactly what she was saying.

“How do you know she’s in a breeding facility?”

“I have my ways. These facilities are run by mutants, and they’ve been around for a lot longer than people think. I was born in one. No one knows except for Xavier… and now you.” She looked away from him, instead, opting to look out of the window, instead. Even though she was still hiding her scent, he had a feeling she was trying to keep from crying. “I didn’t think about it before because the mutants who run these facilities never kidnapped other mutants before. They were followers of Magneto at one point. These facilities were made to help mutants populate the earth. Now, it seems, they are trying to create stronger mutants by kidnapping those with great physical power and breeding them.”

“How do you know this?”

“I’ve got my own connections. Xavier’s not the only one who knows how to make friends.” She flashed him a crooked smile. “I won’t tell you who they are, so don’t ask.”

“Alright.” He knew when not to push a subject. “Who are they breeding her with? How old is your information?”

“I talked to my informant earlier this morning. That’s why I hadn’t come to you yet.” Her smile died, and he realized how hard she must have worked to get this information. “I needed to be sure before I sent you on another wild goose chase. She’s still alive, and they are not hurting her at all. But we need to find her now. She’s pregnant already, Logan.” She wasn’t telling him something, and she was struggling hard to decide if she should tell him or not.

“Spit it out, Cloud.”

“The baby is yours. She wasn’t bred with anyone.”

“Let’s go.”