When I was twelve years old, a carnival came to the little Mississippi town where I lived and my momma took me during the old shows last down in town and I remember that I had the time of my life. I stuffed myself on hotdogs and popcorn and cotton candy and candy apples and I went on every ride at least twice and I road a camel and finally this huge gray elephant. It seemed so exotic, so exciting, I wanted the day to last forever, it was just me and my mom (my dad was passed out drunk at home, as he was far more often than not) but naturally, the amazing day did come to an end, but as we were just about to walk out the gate to head to our car, I saw a tent that had a sign in front of it that said ‘Fortunes Told…Peek Into Your Destiny’.





Well, a peek into destiny sounded beyond thrilling, so I used my last five dollars to very quietly venture into the tent while my mom wanted outside and I smiled at the little old lady seated behind a small table.





Looking back, I suppose it was the typical carnival set up, the little old lady wrapped in a colorful dress with her hair falling down her hair in a black wave while a little crystal ball set on the table before her.





But at the time, I was a kid, so I was fascinated.





The lady, she returned my smile, took my five dollars and introduced herself in a thick voice as ‘The Great Madam Cosmos’.





Yeah, I know that is **so** corny, but again, I point out that I was twelve.





Anyways, I set down and Madam Cosmos looks into her crystal ball and she looks at me and then all the sudden, she gets a really serious look on her face, her eyes seemed to almost glaze over and in that hauntingly thick voice she begins to tell me that she sees a very interesting future laid out before me.





“True love will be yours, Marie.” She reached across the table to clasp both my hands in hers as she closed those glazed eyes. “I see in your future a love that all long for but very few find…I see a man that will appear strange to some, many might even find him too much to deal with, but for you, he will be a savior. A knight…he will touch you in a way, in a manner that no other will…this man will come into your life at a dark point, a point that will seem hopeless to you and he will give himself up to save you.”





Well, all this just sounded so romantic.





I mean, what girl doesn’t want to hear that she has a brave knight in her future?





Sigh. I could feel my heart fluttering.





Course, old Madam Cosmos’s next words were a little less enchanting.





“Be warned, Marie, that a twist does await you…something…” Her eyes opened then to lock on mine intensely. “What you know will cease to be and some of what you find will seem frightening, but don’t lose heart and don’t forget that your knight, your love, I see that he will always protect you even when you think all hope is gone.”





Okay. A twist? What I know will cease to be?





Huh?





I had some questions, but Madam Cosmos says that’s all she can see so I get up to leave and just as I am about to walk out of the tent, my fortune telling friend calls out my name so I turn to look back at her.





“Your knight, Marie, he will need you as much as you need him, because as much as I see him saving your life, I see you saving his as well.” A small smile came to her. “He will, I assure you, be a most complex man, at times he might even resist what he feels when it comes to you, because he will not see himself as worthy, but you will be strong and I see you as his peace.”





“Where will I meet him?”





Out of all the questions I had, why I chose that one, I don’t know, but the old lady, she just smiled again.





“Some place cold.”





Cold?





Hello. Mississippi girl. I like the heat. I like the sun.





Cold?





I shrugged and left, it wasn’t like the cold thing was the oddest prediction Old Lady Cosmos had said and I told my mom some of it, all the stuff about the twist in life, but for some reason, I kept what the seer had said about a great love to myself.





Why?





I don’t know, it seemed personal, and so romantic and I just wanted to hold it close and build a daydream around it.





In the years that followed, off and on, I recalled what Madam Cosmos had said, but I didn’t place any stock in it as I went to school and dreamed about college and finally found my first boyfriend.





David.





David that I nearly killed with a kiss cause my skin decided at that moment to start sucking the life out of people.





Turned out I was a mutant.





Is that a twist?





I’d say so.





Did all I know cease to be when my momma didn’t stand up to my dad when he told me to get the hell out and never come back?





You could say so.





Well, as I began my track across two countries, I recalled what Madam Cosmos told me about the twist and shit, but I didn’t really let myself believe there could be any truth in her predictions.





I figured, being a mutant was just a fluke.





Getting kicked out by my parents just meant I had shitty ass luck.





Kind of figured it was more of my shitty ass luck coming into play when I slid down from a semi truck to find myself in Laughlin City.





Truthfully, in that second, as I looked around that **city** had Madam Cosmos been in front of me I would have kicked the bitch before sucking the life out of her.





That was before.





That was before I went inside the bar.





That was before I saw HIM.





I have tried, time and time and time again to explain what I felt in that moment, how I knew in my soul that the man fighting for money in the metal cage was the man that I was meant to meet.





He was the man Madam Cosmos had told me about.





He was my knight.





He was fated to be my savior and my love.





And guess what?





Madam Cosmos was also right when she said that not everyone would see what I did, cause when you looked at that man in the cage, he looked like one bad ass, take you down in a flash without blinking an eye mad man.





Course he was hot.





So very hot with a bare chest, killer ass, and hair that was everywhere.





Okay.





So I had found him, but how to get him to realize he was suppose to find me was the question I couldn’t really answer for myself as we both ended up at the bar where an ass hole My Knight had beaten the shit out if tried to stab him.





I called out.





He shoved the guy against the wall and all the sudden, these metal claws spring from his hands.





Holy fuck a duck.





Well, there was only one thing that can explain metal coming out a man’s hand.



Mutant.





My man was a mutant.





My man walked out the bar after the bartender pulled a gun and I chased after him and when he wasn’t looking, I stowed away in his trailer.





I noticed something, too.





It was fucking cold.





It was also fucking cold when he tossed me out, but even as he went to drive off, I knew he wouldn’t and as I set inside his truck, munching down on beef jerky, I learned that Wolverine was really Logan and I told him that Rogue was really Marie.





I kind of new then that I was in love.





Then he went through the windshield and a big ass hairy freak of a man was coming at me…Logan was up…down again…a guy with strange glasses and a woman with white hair all dressed in leather were suddenly there and hairy freak ran off.





And yeah, that is a hell of a lot for a gal to have happen in less than a five minute span of time.





And yeah, it’s a little shocking to find yourself at a big mansion where everyone is one hundred percent a mutant, including the guy in charged.





The Professor.





A telepath.





I asked him once if he knew someone named Madam Cosmos and he smiled and said no and I told him that was too bad cause she was a **really** smart lady and I bet they could have had a lot to talk about.





Anyways, at the school, the professor insisted on putting me in classes, where I met Bobby who was nice and all but I had already met my man.





The man that was getting felt up by a redheaded bitch in the med lab.





Okay, let me take a moment to vent here, cause I got to know, what kind of doctor runs her hands all over someone like that?





And second, why is it Jean can’t walk at a normal pace?





Why does she have to glide into a room?





Bitch. Bitch. Bitch.





Did I mention that I thought Jean was a bitch from the word go?





Well, I did and she was.





But I had bigger problems.





First, I got stabbed, trying to wake Logan up from a nightmare and when I touched him I wasn’t thinking that I would drain his powers, cause the last thing in the world I wanted to do was hurt him.





I loved him.





I just wanted to touch him once, before I died.





I just wanted him to know it was okay.





Instead, I got his healing and he got hurt and when Bobby (that turned out not to be the real Bobby) told me everyone was mad, I had no cause not to believe it so I ran as fast as I could.





And Logan found me.





Logan put his arm around me.





He touched me.





He touched me as no one else would.





He touched me freely and without fear.





He promised he would take care of me and I knew he would.





Madam Cosmos had said so.





Then Magneto came.





I got kidnapped, stuck into a machine that would change humans to mutants and old Magneto touched me, to transfer his power and as he had warned me, his plans for me killed me.





I know I was dead.





And then Logan was there.





Logan was touching me, holding me, pressing me close to him, skin to skin and all of the suddenly, he was pouring into me.





I could feel his healing strength healing my body.





I could hear his thoughts so loud and so clear.





Please, Marie.





Don’t die, Marie.





I need you, Marie.





I promised you, Marie.





I love you, Marie.





I love you, Marie.





It was that last thought that snapped my eyes open and made me push Logan away.





I was afraid he was dead.





Jean snapped that I could have killed him.





In a voice that was as much mine as it was Logan’s, I told her to fuck off.





I set with Logan in the med lab until Jean had the professor force me to leave and then he was suddenly okay and at the door and leaving and I told him I didn’t want him to go.





I wanted to tell him I loved him, but I held back.





He handed me his tags and he said he would be back for them.





But what about me, I wanted to ask.





I knew he loved me, I had heard his thoughts, and suddenly, as I looked up into those hazel eyes that were so beautiful, I remembered what Madam Cosmos had said about how I would have to save my savior.





He needed me as much as I needed him.





I smiled and said okay. Come back. I’ll be here.





And I was.





When he returned six months later, I was there.





When he decided to stay at the mansion after the hell that occurred at Alkali Lake, I was there.





And on the night I turned twenty I went to his room and I told him a story about how a carnival came to my hometown when I was twelve.





I told him how I decided to have Madam Cosmos peek into my destiny.





I told him everything she said, word for word and then I looked at him and I told him that I knew the second I looked at him that he was the man that Madam Cosmos had told me I would meet.





“Do you really believe that, Marie?” His voice was as soft as I had ever heard.





“Completely. Every word of it.”





“Marie…”





“I love you, Logan, and I know, thanks to the you in my head, that you love me, but I also know that Madam Cosmos was right when she said that for some foolish reason you don’t seem to think you deserve me, but that is total bullshit and you need to get over it.”





“Marie…”





“I mean it, Logan, all she said is true, you saved me, you touched me when no one else would as no one else would and you…Logan, you are my knight, my destiny and I love you because you are you.”





“Marie…”





“You touched me when no one else could and now that I can touch, now that I can control my powers, you are the only man I want to touch forever.”





“Marie…”





I opened my mouth to say more, but Logan decided the best way to shut me up was kiss me so long and so hard that I forgot my name and my knees kind of went all weak and unsteady.





Best way anyone has ever shut me up.





Well, while was ‘shut up’ Logan told me he loved me, that I was right, he had loved me all along and he wasn’t sure he deserved me but he loved me too much to walk away from me.





He said I was his destiny.





He hadn’t had some crazy seer tell him as much.





His gut had been his guide.





Either way, we both knew in our gut, in our heart and soul that we were fated to be and when we made love that night for the first of many, many, many times, we both knew it was right and perfect and true.





And when we announced that we were getting married, the professor came up to me and said that he had sensed all along that I had known I was meant to be Logan’s and he was meant to be mine.





How?





Easily, I said with a grin.





Turns out, me and Logan were destined to be.





“You might say, we were written in the cosmos.”





THE END