Now, I ain’t never been one to go around proclaiming that I’m the smartest mutant you’ll have meet. I mean, living in a house with the likes of Chuck and Hank, you realize what smart really is, and unlike Scooter (who ain’t smart even though he is a smart ass) I can accept the fact I ain’t no genius and I never will be. But I’m okay with that, cause I can say I have done pretty good thus far in life without being all brainy like Big Blue and The Old Bald Wonder and most people will tell you that I got plenty of common sense and what Marie calls ‘streets smarts’ and my instincts are usually dead on target.





I mean, I knew right off that Marie was a special girl worth protecting.





And I knew right off that Scooter was a dick.





You get the general idea.





Usually, I am good at catching on to things and with these heightened senses I got, most of the time, I can smell a lie or a scam a mile and a half away.





Usually.





I don’t like admitting it, but every now and then, The Wolverine gets caught of guard.





Like with Marie.





Now, when I first met Marie, she was a seventeen year old, half starved, kind of bossy, sassy ass runaway that somehow managed to find a heart beating in my metal lined chest.





Moved herself right into that heart when she found it.





Like I said, I knew Marie was special.





Special enough to fight for and die for if need be, cause somehow, the bossy and sassy runaway became **my Marie** and what is **mine** is **mine** and as such, anyone that messes with what I consider **mine** is in a shit load of trouble.





You don’t believe that, go talk to Mags and Sabs and The Blue Bitch.





Anyway, you get the idea, Marie is special to me, she is my buddy, the one person that has ever looked at me and thought good guy.





Take that Scooter.





Well, for some reason, it never really occurred to me that Marie would change.





That she would grow up.





You know, become a woman.





A woman with a killer ass, perfect legs, and a chest that makes a mutant’s mouth water and their mind fill with ideas…





You get the picture.





Well, I wasn’t expecting that, but when I came, there was an eighteen year old Marie looking good enough to eat.





And there was Ice Fuck sniffing around her.





Claws were itching to come out when he called himself her boyfriend, but I told myself that was me being protective.





Told myself I wanted Jean.





Kissed Jean and got rejected by Jean but didn’t care cause I wanted to kiss Marie.





Told myself I was a sick bastard and that I would get the hell away from her, but after all the shit that went down at Alkali Lake, it seemed to me that sticking around for a while was the right thing to do.





Took a job teaching self defense, joined the team, and spent most of my free time with Marie, expect for my trips into town to get laid, so I could have the will power to keep my hands off Marie.





Pissed off a lot of women cause I called out Marie’s name when I came.





Well, Marie kept maturing and getting more beautiful and she joined the team, much to my dismay, but I watched out for her as best I could watch out for her, and when I had to go off for a few months at a time, on special missions for Chuck, I actually found some comfort in knowing my Marie had another good friend at her side.





Jubes.





I will admit, when I first met the girl, I was prepared to hate her.





Was sure I would gut her.





Girl is loud, forward, and covered in more yellow than fucking Big Bird.





And how I know who Big Bird is ain’t none of your fucking business, bub.





Point is, after a while, I realized that Jubes was a good girl, a good friend, and she and Marie were tight, likes sisters or something, so I knew she could count on Jubes when I was away and when I had to go off for a few weeks after the Carol incident, Jubes assured me she would stick close to Marie. (only she called her Rogue cause I am the only one around here that knows her real name)





Well, I went off, did my thing, came home and got my hug for a then twenty year old Marie and I felt myself getting all hot when she smiled up at me with those eyes and I actually thought about going into town that night.





But I didn’t.





Couldn’t.





Hadn’t been to town in about six months at that point cause I felt like I was cheating on Marie if I looked at another woman, but I wouldn’t let myself touch her, even thought I knew she would let me.





I knew she loved me.





I loved her.





But I couldn’t shake the fear that it was wrong.





And I just want to say, I didn’t use to be this thinky, I believe it’s Scooter’s influence so I should make a mental note to gut him like a fish as soon as possible.





Anyhow, back to the point.





I get home and I am back for like a day and the oddest thing starts to happen.





Jubes starts flirting with me.





Had never done that before, though I knew she flirted with most every other man in the mansion, but I figured I was off limits out of her respect for Marie.





Well guess fucking again.





Suddenly, she is brushing up against me and winking at me and she even slapped me on the ass.





Caught me coming out of the Danger Room and she looks me up and down and she says, if you won’t a real work out, I can give you one you will never forget, Wolvie.





Nearly shit then and there.





What the fuck?





Course, she never did this when Marie was around and I didn’t say nothing to Marie on account I didn’t want to upset her or hurt her feelings and it wasn’t like I intended to do anything with Jubes.





Now, don’t get me wrong here, cause Jubes is a pretty girl and any man with half a brain and a functioning dick would jump at the chance to take the sassy brat to bed and show her some better uses for that smart mouth of hers.





And yeah, I have at least half a brain and my dick functions better than most (certainly better than Scooter’s) but Jubes didn’t interest me cause I was in love with Marie, even if I was keeping at distance.





A distance that nearly killed me, cause once she got control of her skin she started to run around in these skimpy cut off shorts and tank tops and I swear every male in the mansion was suffering from chronic blue balls.





Especially yours truly, The Wolverine.





Well, there I was, wanting Marie so bad I could taste it and there was Jubes, slapping my ass and making all kinds of comments and I was really confused, wondering what in the hell had gotten into old yeller.





I was afraid maybe all the gum chewing had rotted her brain.





I was afraid she had taken one to many blows to the head in the danger room.





Not that she was crazy for wanting me, I mean, you can’t fault the girl for wanting the best and I am that, but if I was gonna be the best for any twenty year old, it would be for **my** Marie.





Well, there I am in bed one night, about a month after all the Jubes flirting began and what the hell happens.





The door to my room opens and who comes in.





Jubes.





Jubes wearing a skimpy ass yellow nightgown thing that showed more than it

covered and I set up in bed and stared, cause holy shit, I was not expecting this.





Naturally, I finally found my voice and I asked her what in the fuck was she doing.





Well, she smiled and leaned against the door with her head cocked to the side and she gives me this sexy smile and she says, isn’t it obvious what I am doing, Wolvie.





I shook my head.





She smiled again and says, I am here to fuck you, Wolvie.





Say what?





Oh, hell no, you ain’t fucking me, yellow.





I just looked at her, shocked, cause I was shocked and she starts moving real slow to the bed saying she has been dropping hints for weeks, to make it clear to me that she really wants me and since I ain’t done nothing about it she has decided that she will just up and throw herself at me.





I say, look I am flattered, Jubes, but I don’t think so.





She ask why not, so I tell her that she is a beauty and all, but I don’t see her that way, as someone to have sex with.





Well, she nods and says that she understand how I might be put off by her age cause she is only twenty so I assure her that her age ain’t got nothing to do with it cause she is old enough to know what she wants.





She nods at that to and then she mentions that she knows I haven’t been to town in a while and I feel a little uneasy at that, cause you know, it’s clear that everyone knows I go into town to get laid.





I say, I ain’t felt like it.





She laughs and says that is bullshit cause she knows I like sex, so she ask me what the hell is the deal, if I ain’t getting it nowhere else and I won’t have it with her, is there something wrong with me.





I tell her hell no, ain’t nothing wrong with me.





She says, well why won’t you fuck me then just for the sake of a fuck.





Well, I finally snap and I tell her, I can’t ever fuck you or anyone else cause I am in love with Rogue and she is the only woman I want and I don’t want to fuck her, cause she is the only woman I have ever wanted to make love to.





After I say all that, a brief moment passes and then Jubes laughs and I say what the fuck is so funny.





She looks at me and she says she never wanted to fuck me, she just did all this with all the flirting and shit to make me realize that I needed to face what I felt for Rogue and since I just said that at twenty she was old enough to make her own decisions, I could not turn around and say Rogue was too young.





Again, I was fucking speechless, I couldn’t believe this yellow brat I just got the better of The Wolverine and after a second or two, I laughed, cause it hit me that she was right about me needing to face what I felt for Marie.





I told her it was clear to me now and she said good, I needed to go talk to Rogue and she was gonna go find Remy, cause she had a feeling that he would really like her little yellow nightgown and I wished her luck.





I told her thanks.





She told me to not be a dickhead anymore.





Well, as soon as she left, I went across the hall to Marie’s room and I went in without even knocking to find her laying on her bed on her stomach, looking at a magazine, but when I came in, she looked up and smiled that smile of hers that always makes me weak in the knees.





She ask me if I’m okay, cause I look shaken up, like I just had a run in with Sabs and I tell her it was worse, I had a run in with a Sabertooth in a yellow night gown and when I say that she gasp and covers her hand with her mouth.





I asked her if she knew what Jubes had been up to and she tells me that Jubes had told her about this insane plan, but she told her not to do it and Jubes said she wouldn’t, but Marie could see by the look on my face that Jubes had lied.





She asked me if I clawed Jubes.





Told her I thought about it, then realized I needed to go out and by her something big and yellow cause she made me come to my senses.





Marie’s eyes got all big then and she looked hopeful.





So I gave her what she was hoping for.





Me and Marie got together that night, we confessed that we loved one another and always had and always would.





Me and Marie didn’t leave her room for nearly two days and when we did, we were happy to announce that we were getting married.





And you guessed it.





Jubes is the maid of honor and as a tribute to her, the brides maid dresses are yellow.





And as for that yellow nightgown Jubes was wearing, Marie tells me that Remy has made it clear that he is the only one that Jubes is to ever wear it for again and that is fine my me, cause Marie don’t need no nightgown, yellow or otherwise.





Marie, she sleeps naked.





Naked and in my arms and that is just the way we both like it.





THE END