Story Notes:
Thanks to everyone who keeps asking me for more L/R. This is really just an excuse to write pure smut. Hope you enjoy!
Present Day

Logan was feeling an acute sense of restlessness as he roamed the small motel room. He'd just finished a rather one-sided cage fight and had made enough money to continue further south, back towards Westchester.

Back towards Marie.

He closed his eyes, able to picture in exact detail her brown hair, highlighted by those sexy white streaks, and her green eyes, staring so intently into his.

She'd only been a kid when he'd left.

That had been three years ago.

She was now a woman.

And he'd been dreaming about her as an adult for way to long.

Of course those dreams had been augmented by her phone calls.

It had started two months after he'd left.



Three Years Ago

Logan was bruised pretty badly, but not seriously, from a fight earlier and was now relaxing in yet another small hotel room, the wounds almost healed, but still painful enough to hurt like a mother until they were completely healed.

He flipped on the TV, simply for the company, and to hear another sound in the room other than his breathing.

Normally the solitude didn't bother him. He was the Wolverine. He was alone. He always had been, he always would be. He liked it that way. No complications. No connections. Nothing to tie him down.

But ever since he'd left her, he'd been feeling more uneasy and less at home with his solitude.

It scared the hell out of him those nights when he found himself imagining he saw Marie in another woman's face, or caught the scent of the perfume she wore on another woman.

It terrified him to know he became fully aroused at those little reminders of his Marie.

His Marie.

The girl had a hold on him like no one ever had.

And he wasn't sure he liked it.

Determined to shake this unhealthy fixation, not to mention the fact she was still a kid, he pushed the thoughts of her our of his head and channel surfed until he found a rather raunchy late night program on a local cable station.

Settling back, he tried to relax, and think of anything other than light brown hair and green eyes that seemed to see into his soul.

Eyes that were too experienced, too old for a girl her age.

Shifting restlessly on the bed, Logan focused on the TV screen, determined to put Marie out of his mind.

He tensed as he saw a beautiful woman on screen, with long dark hair that looked a lot like Marie's, minus the white streaks. It didn't make matters any better that this Marie look alike was fucking the life out of a tall man that with a little imagination, could look a bit like him.

God damn it!

He had to get these lustful thoughts of her out of his head!

She was just a kid!

He cared about her as he would a sister.

That was all.

It had to be.

Because if it wasn't, well, he was too terrified to examine what that might mean.

He had to put Marie back into the corner of his mind that classified her a 'kid.'

Maybe talking to her would put him in the right frame of mind.

Cursing the fact that he'd promised himself not to call her, or anyone at the mansion before he'd found some answers, he found himself reaching for the phone.

Really, it was one call, to check up on her. To make sure they were treating her okay and she was doing all right. He owed it to her after all. He was her 'big brother.'

Cursing the very un-brotherly like thoughts that were running through his mind as his gaze flicked back to the TV, he began to dial the familiar number.

Marie's sleepy voice when she answered didn't help his already lustful thoughts.

"'Lo, this is Rogue."

Logan closed his eyes as her soft voice flowed over his body, stirring even more un-brotherly like thoughts in his already aching body.

"Hey kid," he managed, not sure what else to say, wondering if this were really such a good idea.

"Logan? Logan, it's you! It's really you!"

The excitement in her voice made him smile.

Looks like she'd missed him too.

Of course, probably in a 'brotherly' way.

He had to believe that, for his own sanity.

"It's me kid. How's it goin'?"

"It's goin'. But it's not the same since ya' left."

He smiled as he listened to her fill him in on the goings on in the mansion, her own X-Men training and the state of her life in general.

Despite the arousal still surging through his body, her voice also served to calm his restlessness in a way nothing and no one ever had. It was rather ironic that her voice, her soft words in that sexy southern drawl, could both soothe and arouse him.

When she'd finished, he filled her in on the basics of what he was doing. That he hadn't found any answers, but was going to keep searching.

When she'd finally yawned three times during one sentence he realized how late it must be.

"God, I'm sorry kid, I didn't realize it was so late, I'll let ya' go," he managed, hearing her soft sigh through the phone line.

"It's good ta' talk to ya' sugah, you be careful out there, okay?"

He smiled at her concern, realizing how nice it felt to know someone cared about him.

Not a usual emotion for the Wolverine, but one he was finding he rather enjoyed.

Thank God no one would ever know that.

"I'll be careful, you too kid. Don't go gettin yourself in too much trouble, okay?" he managed, hearing her light laughter.

"Call again soon Logan, please?"

He felt something strange pull at his heart at her soft words, the plea in them almost inaudible.

Except to someone who knew her as well as he did.

"I promise, take care kid," he managed, hanging up with a slight smile.

He sighed as he stared at the receiver for a long time.

When his eyes began to droop, he let sleep overcome him, his dreams filled with images of Marie.

It was the first peaceful night's sleep he had in along time.



Present Day

So the phone calls had begun.

Usually they were every few weeks.

Logan would call her from whatever town he was in, needing to hear her voice, even if it was just listening to her talk about the latest shopping spree Kitty and Jubilee had dragged her on.

He was fast coming to realize he needed the connection Marie provided.

Yes, the big, bad Wolverine needed to know someone was there for him.

Strangely enough, he found himself able to tell Marie things he'd never tell anyone. And she always seemed to know what to say to comfort him, without making him feel like a fool.

He knew, without knowing how, that Marie needed these calls as much as he did.

So for the past three years they'd stayed in touch by phone, and an occasional letter.

He was surprised how much they'd learned about each other over that time.

He could honestly say Marie was his best friend.

The one real friend he had in the world.

And something inside him rejoiced in the fact that he was the same thing to her. He knew she came to him with all her problems and upsets. Over the past year she'd started going on missions, and that led to a lot more of him comforting her during their calls.

At first he'd been furious that the Professor had let her join the team, but after Marie had calmed him down, he'd mellowed out a bit. Of course, that didn't stop him from demanding that she be careful and that if anyone or anything hurt her, she'd tell him and he'd take care of it. He knew she found that a little overbearing at times, but enjoyed knowing that he cared.

Because he did care for her.

Probably a hell of a lot more than was proper.

At least while she was growing from 16 to 18.

But now she was legal.

And thoughts of a definite 'adult' nature about her had been hitting him more and more frequently.

Part of him anxiously awaited their calls, knowing he could survive the next few weeks from hearing her voice, imagining her whispering things of a definite different 'nature' to him on those long lonely nights.

Oh he'd had woman at first. They'd helped him forget and provided a bit of pleasure. But he'd stopped seeing them when he'd realized that he wasn't nearly as aroused by them as he was by the sound of Marie's voice over a phone line.

Needless to say, his mind might not like that idea, but his body couldn't seem to get around it.

He wanted Marie.

Desperately.

But he would wait until the time was right.

Until she was legal and able to choose him of her own free will.

If she still wanted him.

He found his hands clenched into fists as he remembered the past few conversations they'd had. She'd been seeing one of the boys she'd met at the local college. The Professor had decided she was ready to be around people, and try public education, as long as she was careful. It helped that she was slowly beginning to master her powers. Another thought that sent desire sweeping through his body.

The thought of touching her bare skin, bringing her to a screaming ecstasy while her legs were wrapped tightly around his waist, well, he'd had to take several cold showers to erase the image of that vision.

But she'd sounded so happy and excited about having a 'relationship' especially with her deadly skin. He'd had to force the claws back in when she'd frankly told him about how her first real kiss had sent tingles down her spine.

He couldn't believe the jealousy sweeping over his body.

Marie was his.

No one got to touch her but him.

Especially now that he could touch her.

However, seeing as that he was thousands of miles away, that might be a bit difficult.

But from that moment on, when he'd realized Marie was with someone else, he'd been determined to make his way back to Westchester and claim what was his.

So he'd slowly started working his way back home, cage fighting along the way to make some money for gas, food and lodging.

He wasn't sure why he was taking his time, knowing that each day Marie was with this other man, she wasn't with him.

Maybe it was fear.

Despite how hard that was to admit for him, he had to admit, he was terrified that Marie might not want him. Might not think about him as more than a brother. After all it had been three years. And Jeannie's words about her being 'taken' with him still lingered. Had that emotion died? Did she think of him as anything more than her best friend and confidant?

He was terrified to find out.

But he had to.

So he continued his slow trek across country, back towards his future, hoping it would still be waiting for him when he got there.

Which was what brought him to the present moment, restless and irritated in another small hotel room.

He needed to talk to her.

Maybe then he could calm down enough to sleep.

Sighing and forcing down the anticipation he felt at hearing her voice, he reached for the phone and dialed the number to her private line. Something the Professor had insisted on when he'd realized how frequently the two of them talked.

Sometimes, Chuck wasn't so bad.

"You've reached Rogue, Ah'm not here, leave a message."

Logan closed his eyes, even her recorded message made his body harden in places he'd rather not think about.

So she was out.

Probably with that boy.

He forced the claws back in as he imagined what exactly they might be doing.

The long beep finally startled him from his reverie.

He was about to hang up, when he thought better of it.

He needed to talk to her, especially now that he knew she was 'out.'

"Hey kid, it's me. Just thought I'd check in with you. If you get this at a decent hour, give me a call, the number's," he paused, looking at the phone he held, "765-987-7654. I'll be up all night so don't worry about the time. Talk to ya' later kid."

He sighed as he hung up, closing his eyes and forcing himself to put the image of Marie and some pushy guy with his hands all over her, out of his head.

He wondered what she was wearing.

And what she'd be putting on as she listened to his message as she prepared for bed.

He sighed, unable to get the image of his best friend wrapped in silk and lace, plenty of now controlled alabaster skin revealed to his hungry gaze, out of his mind. The image lingered there, as it did every night. It was the image he fell asleep with and woke up to, usually harder than stone and aching like crazy.

He sighed, rubbing his eyes as he told his body to calm down.

She was his best friend, the only true family he'd ever had.

He shouldn't be having X-rated thoughts about a family member.

But try telling that to his tortured body.

Because what he felt for Marie was anything but familial.

He closed his eyes, sinking deeper into the bed, telling himself he was going to push away the thoughts of Marie, in his lap, naked, running kisses along his neck as she pressed those luscious breasts of hers against his chest. He couldn't stop the moan as he let his mind wander, imagining what it would feel like to taste that soft, smooth skin, to kiss her until she couldn't breathe.

He could picture her, naked, straddling his thighs, lowering herself slowly onto his cock, crying out as she felt him finally inside her. He could feel her inner muscles clenching around him, milking him for all he was worth as she rode him like a stallion. All while his hands stroked and pressed against her body, pinching her clit, thrusting hard and fast into her body, bringing her to a screaming climax.

He could feel himself explode into her tight, hot little body as she screamed his name in absolute release.

The ringing phone brought him back to the present, startling him from his prone position.

He was rock hard and aching like a mother.

And he knew who would be on the other end of the line.

He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts as he reached for the phone, trying to get his mind out of the gutter as he prepared to hear her voice.



"Hey kid," he managed to mutter as he picked up the phone, thanking God she couldn't see the aroused state he was in.

"Hey sugah, ah' got your message, it's not too late is it?"

Marie's soft voice snapped his body back to immediate full-blown arousal.

He stifled a groan as his cock hardened at the late night sound of her voice. It figured she'd call him right in the middle of an X-rated fantasy he was having about her. How much could his poor tormented body take?

And from the sound of her voice, she was curled up in bed, probably in a little silk teddy, that clung to her breasts and dipped between her thighs, or maybe she wore nothing and it was just her bare skin against satin sheets.

"Logan, sugah, ya' there?"

He jerked himself back to reality as he cursed his mind for wandering again.

"I'm here kid, what's up… shouldn't you be sleepin'?" he managed, struggling to find a comfortable position on the hard bed.

"Ah should be, but ah can't… ah'm really nervous about this audition tomorrow," she began and he perked up.

Marie had been studying art at college, but had found herself interested in acting as well. She'd told him it had something to do with being able to step into the life of a completely different person and forget about who and what she did daily. She'd tried out and been cast in several productions so far, and was obviously trying out for another.

This was good.

If she was talking about school, instead of the guy she'd most probably been out with, his body could handle it. Besides, he had a feeling if the date had been important to her, she'd have told him immediately.

He took hope from that thought.

"What's botherin' you kid? And what are you auditionin' for? Ain't 'Ro or Kitty helpin' ya out? " he asked, knowing the two aformentioned women had helped Marie rehearse before for auditions.

"Well, ah' can't exactly go ta' them for this one. It's not exactly a play this time, in fact, Robby, the guy ah'm seein', actually recommended me ta' an agent his friend uses and they want me ta' try out for this commercial of sorts," she replied, her voice sounding hesitant.

He was beginning to sense there was something she wasn't telling him.

"Marie," he began, using her name, knowing she'd sense his suspicion, "what aren't ya' tellin' me or anyone else there about this audition?" he asked, hearing her sigh and feeling his body tighten again at the soft sound she made.

"It's not that ah' didn't think they or you wouldn't be supportive, its just… well, its not exactly the kind a' commercial ya' go braggin' about to all your friends and family, ya' know," she finished hesitantly, almost as if she was waiting for some reply.

Alarm bells started going off in Logan's head immediately.

"Marie… just what kind a' commercial we talkin' 'bout here?" he asked, feeling a strange trepidation start to fill his body.

"Well, it's actually, it's kind of… well, one a' those late night commercials ya' only see on cable channels, ya' know, the ones where the women advertise phone numbers, for men," she trailed off, and Logan felt his mind go into overload as the images exploded in his mind.

"You're auditionin' for a phone sex commercial?" He hoped his voice wasn't as loud as it sounded to him. He squeezed his eyes shut, praying she'd correct him. This was truly the last thing he wanted to hear tonight.

"Come ahn sugah, it's not like ah'm actually givin' 'em phone sex, ah'm just auditionin' ta' be one of the women who tries to sell it, ya' know, draw them in with mah erotic potential," she replied, trying to make the words sound brave, but faltering on the last few.

Logan kept his eyes closed, praying for the strength to put the image of his Marie in one of those ads, out of his mind.

"Okay, I'm gonna try an' keep an open mind here," he began, struggling to put together the words, telling his body to relax. This would take a little finesse on his part, but the last thing he was going to do was let her do this. Of course, there probably wasn't much he could do to stop her, short of returning to the mansion and chaining her to the bed… and that was an image he wasn't even going to think about right now.

"Well that's good, ah know how 'open-minded' ya' can be sugah," she replied, irony in her voice.

He sighed, trying to figure out how to say what needed to be said without setting her off.

"Okay, puttin' aside my fuckin' horror at the thought ya'd even consider auditionin' for one of those things," he started, realizing too late how his words sounded.

"Thanks for keeping an open mind sugah," she answered dryly, irritation now audible in her voice.

"Let me finish," he tried again, stumbling for just the right words. "I know you're determined to get an actin' job, and you will. But think about what you're doin' kid. If ya' do this commercial and happen to get it, what's that do for your serious actin' ambitions? I mean, what if some casting agent sees ya' in one of those ads, wouldn't that affect his or her decision about castin' you?"

He thought that sounded like a reasonable argument.

"That's just it sugah! People will see me… an' maybe, just maybe, the offers will start comin' in. They might not be Oscar quality roles at first, but over time, ah can build up to bigger and better things," she replied, trying to put some enthusiasm into her voice, but Logan could her the slight break in it.

He decided to press his advantage.

"Marie, do you really think a castin' director would hire someone who's done a bunch of 'B' movies and 'fuck me' phone sex commercials? Be honest with yourself," he answered, trying for a calm tone, but hearing nothing more than silence on the other end of the line.

After a few minutes of that strained silence, Logan sighed and tried again.

"Marie…ya' still with me?"

"Yep sugah, ah'm still here, just tryin' to get over the fact that ah expected mah best friend to offer reassurance an' support an' ended up gettin a lecture about what ah' should or shouldn't do with mah life," she replied, trying to sound sarcastic, but not quite managing to pull it off. He could hear the break in her voice, and cursed himself for his honesty, and if he admitted it, his jealousy about her auditioning for a phone sex commercial.

"Marie, kid, I didn't meant ta' sound like I was puttin' ya down, because I'm not. I just think you could do so much better, and if ya' just give it time, your break will come along, I know it will," he tried to soothe, again getting nothing but silence in reply.

"Give it time, but how much time do ah give it Logan? An' what do ah' do until then? Ah' mean, don't get me wrong, fightin' the evil in the world is one thing, and ah' couldn't give that up if ah' tried, but actin' is somethin' ah've always wanted ta' do, whether ah'm good at it or not," she trailed off, going silent again.

"I know that Marie, and I know somethin' better will come along, and then you'll be glad you didn't do this phone sex commercial. It'll work out in the long run, you'll see, and you'll be better off doin' somethin' you're good at," he finished, wincing as he suddenly realized how his words might have sounded.

Her in-drawn breath told him she'd indeed taken them the wrong way. He braced himself for the explosion he could feel coming.

"Something ah'm good at? Are you implying ah'm not good at phone sex? Ya' think ah can't sell sex?"

Her voice had taken on a harsh tone, which only served to arouse Logan even more.

This was not the most opportune time for his body to hear Marie talking about sex.

"I didn't mean it that way," he began, but she cut him off.

"So, ya' don't think ah' can give good phone sex? How do ya' know ah' haven't done it before?" she threw back at him, and a whole new set of images popped into Logan's head.

"You're not tellin' me ya've done this before? Are ya'?" he asked in a strangled voice, not sure he wanted to hear the answer. At least not with the state of arousal his body was currently in.

"There are a lot of things ya' don't know about me Logan. Things ya' might be really surprised ta' find out ah' can do, ways ah' have of bringin' a man to his knees," she whispered, her voice suddenly lowering to an even huskier pitch.

Logan bit back a moan at the effect her whispered words had on his already aching body. What had he gotten himself into?

"Marie, I really didn't mean it that way, if ya'd just listen a minute," he tried again, his voice sounding desperate, even to himself, only to be stunned speechless by her next words.

"Is mah voice turnin' ya' on sugah? Are the words ah'm whisperin' in your ear sendin' chills through your body, makin' ya think things about me ya've resisted?" she asked huskily, her voice, if possible, lowering to an even sexier tone.

Logan squeezed his eyes shut, feeling every muscle in his body, including his cock, rise to attention. This was fast spiraling out of control. He had to put an end to it before he totally lost it.

"Marie, I don't think we should be doin' this right now …"

"Why not sugah? Am ah turnin' you on? Are ya' gettin a little hot in those tight jeans ya' like to wear, the ones that turn any female within a five mile radius on the moment she sees your tight little ass in them?"

He couldn't stop the growl that emerged from his throat as his cock hardened unbearably in response to her whispered words.

"Ah' heard that sugah, are ya' wearing those jeans? Is your cock hard and throbbing, pressing tightly against the denim, drivin' ya' crazy with want? Wantin' to feel mah hands, mah mouth on ya'? Takin' ya' deep into mah throat and lettin' ya' come in mah mouth, mah lips and teeth milkin' ya' for all you're worth?"

Logan had indeed unzipped his pants, her words inflaming him even more. Without being aware of it, he'd taken his cock in hand and was stroking himself as he let her words flow over him. He was past the point of caring knowing only that she couldn't stop or he'd literally die from wanting her.

"Feelin' a bit aroused Logan? Are mah words doin' that ta' you? Do ya' wannna hear more?" Her silky voice floated over him like a caress as he quickened his strokes, imagining it was Marie's hands and mouth on his cock.

He could only growl in response.

Her soft laughter nearly sent him over the edge.

"Are ya' strokin' yourself sugah? Ah' can see ya', lyin' on your bed, pants unzipped, your cock thrustin' into the air, your hands strokin' yourself in time with mah words, imaginin' it's me there with ya. Imaginin' its mah hands, mah mouth, mah body archin' over and into yours. Mah soft moans and cries in your ear as ah feel your hands on mah body, strokin' mah breasts, sucking mah nipples, fingers playing with mah clit. Do ya' want me Logan? Do ya' want me ta' take ya' deep into my body, ta' scream out your name as ah come, as ah' feel the ecstasy of finally havin' ya' inside me. Do ya' want that sugah?"

She was driving him crazy.

He was past the point of rational thought, concentrating only on her words, letting them arouse him as no one else ever had.

One thing was for sure, she'd better not stop now, or he'd have to kill her.

He growled again in response, feeling a slight satisfaction as he heard the hitch in her voice, realizing she was getting just as much pleasure out of this as he was.

Maybe it was time to turn the tables.

"Marie," he managed, his voice raspy and low, trying to focus on his words while his hand slowed its pace.

If they were going to do this, he sure as hell was going to make it last.

"What's wrong sugah? Can't take the heat? Wait ah' minute, does that mean ah'm actually turnin' ya' on with mah voice? Isn't that phone sex? Are ya' sayin' ah'm actually good at it?" she asked, trying to sound smug, but giving her arousal away again by the slight hitch he heard at the end of her words and the sound of her muffled, heavy breathing coming clearly through the receiver.

"Damn it Marie! Ya' know you're good at it, all right? You've got me so fuckin' turned on I'm about ready to explode! But if we're going to do this, get ready for a taste of your own medicine darlin'," he growled, taking slight satisfaction in the gasp he heard echo through the receiver.

"Come on Logan, give it ya' best shot. Ah've shown ya' what ah' can do ta' you, ya' think ya' can do better? Prove it."

Her voice was still breathy, but the challenge came through clear as a bell. As if he was going to back down from a Marie challenge.

Not when they would both get so much enjoyment out of rising to it.

"Are you naked Marie? Are you lyin' there in your lonely bed, touchin' yourself, strokin' yourself, imaginin' it's me there with ya'?" He closed his eyes as he heard her slight moan, and pictured her in that exact position.

"Are you imaginin' my hands on your body? Strokin' your breasts, bringin' your nipples to hard little peaks, then takin' each one in my mouth, suckin' on you till you cry out my name in uncontrollable need?"

He heard the moan she didn't even try to stifle and it sent fierce satisfaction coursing through his system.

"Tell me what you're doin' Marie, in every explicit detail, I want ta' know everything," he stated in a commanding tone, hearing her low moan.

"Ah'm touchin' mah'self, mah hands are strokin' mah breasts, imaginin' it's you. Ah can feel your cool skin on mine, ah' can feel mah nipples hardenin', beggin' for your mouth. Please Logan, take me in your mouth, ah'm dyin' to feel your hot, wet mouth closed around my tight achin' flesh," her words trailed off on a moan, and Logan pictured himself doing exactly that.

"Go on darlin'," he managed, feeling his body near to bursting, but determined to see this through. The pain of waiting was a delicious agony in and of itself.

"Ya' hands, oh God Logan, they're between mah legs, strokin' me hard and fast. Ah' can feel ya' slip two fingers into me, thrustin' hard into my body. Logan, please sugah, harder, faster." She was nearly crying the words now, and Logan could feel his body ready to explode.

But not yet.

He couldn't let it end just yet.

"Tell me what else ya' want darlin'. What does your body want?" he managed, wondering if he was dumb or simply insane to drag this out when his body was ready to explode any minute now.

"Ah' want ya' inside me! Ah' want ya' fillin' me until ah can't tell where you end and ah' begin, Ah' want to feel ya' slammin' into mah body. Your weight on top of mine, pressing me down into the mattress. Oh God sugah, ah'm almost there, so close, just a little harder, a little faster." Her words disintegrated into low moans and he could tell she was nearing the edge.

"Imagine I'm there with ya' right now darlin. I'm thrustin' into you over and over again, buryin' myself so deep inside you I never want to leave. Your mouth is under mine, your tongue tanglin' with mine. God Marie, I can feel your hot little body under me, feel your wetness drippin' down my thighs as I tighten unbearably inside you. I can feel your body glovin' mine, your muscles clampin' down around my cock as I kiss the breath from your body. I can feel you nearin' the edge, I'm so close too. I'm almost there."

He couldn't talk anymore, his hand was moving so fast he wasn't even aware of it. All he could picture was Marie, naked beneath him, taking him deep inside her willing body, the scent of her all around him.

"Logan, please sugah, ah' want ta' come. Make me come," she cried out, gasping and panting as she moaned them into his ear.

"I know Marie, I'm there too darlin'. Let yourself go, imagine it's me. Let yourself come for me. Come for me Marie," he managed, feeling his body tense as he heard her low cry of ecstasy as the orgasm overtook her and she screamed his name into the receiver.

With a harsh groan of her name, he let his body fly as well, feeling himself soar as he poured himself into her even if it was only in his imagination.

"Marie!" he roared, as the convulsions finally subsided, and he collapsed back against the bed, only then becoming aware of the cold semen coating his hand and belly. He heard her struggle to regain her breath, and then heard her soft sigh of contentment as she finally floated back down to earth.

For a few moments, they remained in a comfortable silence, neither feeling the need to speak, simply enjoying the after effects of good phone sex.

Finally, Marie's voice floated through the receiver.

"So, ah' think that settles the matter of whether ah' can perform adequate phone sex, doesn't it sugah?" she asked breathlessly, no malice at all in her voice.

Logan simply groaned and closed his eyes.

"God damn it Marie! Don't ever perform like that for anyone but me, or I'll have to kill 'em," he nearly begged, hearing her low laughter across the phone line.

"Ah' don't think ah could do it with anyone else. It's so easy with ya' sugah," she replied, almost hesitantly.

He said nothing for a moment, knowing she was right.

"I know Marie, it did feel right, didn't it?" he asked and admitted softly, getting a soft purr in reply.

"So ya' think ya' can sleep now?" he asked her gently, smiling as he heard the drowsiness invading her voice.

"Ah' think so sugah, although ya' know, it's awfully lonely over here in this bed all by myself and ah' still feel a bit awkward about this audition. Maybe 'al call Robby an' see if he's willin' ta' listen to me practice some more for this audition," she started only to stop as she heard a crash from the other end of the receiver.

"Logan? Sugah, ya' there?" she asked hearing nothing for a moment but a frantic rustling.

"Logan?" She tried again, hearing him suddenly pick up the receiver.

"Stay right where you are darlin', I'm on my way. I'll be there before mornin' and we'll continue this 'practice session' in a much better location. And if that Robby kid is anywhere around ya', he even talks to ya', he'll be getting' the claws. You can hold me to that darlin'."

With that, the line went dead.

Logan was out the door within 15 seconds, gunning Scott's bike into super speed, determined to get home to his Marie before she had any more 'phone sex' with anyone other than him.



Marie smiled to herself as she replaced the receiver, anticipation invading her body.

She realized that sooner or later, she'd have to tell Logan there was no phone sex commercial.

But for now, what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

And he was on his way back to her.

After three years of waiting, it was about time for that phone call.

With another sly smile, she settled back to wait for her lover.

Mission accomplished.

The End