Story Notes:
Sharon told me to.
The heat slid down her skin and she turned into it as if it were a caress. This was the reason she'd fallen in love with this apartment at first sight. A balcony that looked to nothing but an abandoned park. It was the perfect haven she'd been looking for. To think her landlord actually apologised!

True, the sight four storeys down was nothing if not dismal. Untended bushes and dying flowerbeds, it was even depressing if she thought too long about it. But she didn't. Instead she always looked up, to that perfect patch of sky where noone hid to spy her.

Today she'd woken up to feel the sun on her face. Her first spring day away from the mansion. She'd been on her feet so fast that she'd almost tripped on her own sheets. The balcony doors were open before she could even think about changing clothes. Once the thought struck her, she dismissed it easily. Why bother when there was something like this waiting her? She breathed deeply, feeling like dancing. Or at least like screaming at the top of her lungs. So this was what freedom felt like, huh? All those times asking Logan that question and him looking hopelessly lost for an answer. No wonder, if anyone asked her now what it felt, she'd have no words either.

She pulled her pajama top over her head, laughing as it floated down and fell directly onto a half-blooming rosebush. It'd be hell to pick out the thorns later. She shrugged. She didn't care. Her bottoms were next and she giggled when she felt the sunshine warming her legs. She let her fingers play with her hair, bringing it up in a messy knot until her nape was bare as well. She arched this way and the other, making sure no skin was left unattended. For someone who was denied touch, her skin was practically screaming in response. Beautiful, being here was beautiful. Her body stretched out. An offering to the gods of spring. A flower starving for light and warmth. She closed her eyes and faced the sun, laughing as the world turned orange and red and hers...

"Are you out of your freakin' mind?!"

She opened her eyes and looked down. Was she surprised? She laughed at the idea. Of course he'd come for the first spring day. Not even at him being on the precise spot she expected noone to be? She shook her head at her own thoughts. Of course it made sense; in that Logan-sense of his. She laughed even more when she saw him picking up her top, a half-formed growl reaching her every time a spine prickled his skin.

"Aren't I always?" she shouted back, now really dancing to the sheer happiness singing in her veins. Her body swayed to its own rhythm and she kept her eyes locked on him. At some point during her triumphal dance he'd given up trying to rescue her pajama and worn his gloves instead. Perfect. Her laugh was stuck in her throat when she saw how hungry he was looking now. Only Logan could look at a woman like that when she was enjoying her freedom four storeys up.

She smirked, knowing exactly what she wanted to complete this perfect morning. She let her hair loose, shook it until she knew it looked as wild as she felt. Her hands went to her hips and then down, bringing her underwear with them. She stepped out of the tiny slip and brought her legs over the balcony rail.

Then she closed her eyes and just let go.

Oranges and reds filled her vision and she laughed even harder. Flying was something she'd stolen. But falling into his arms was what freedom truly felt like.