He had to give Scott credit. It was a lot harder to be the 'good guy' than he thought. Even now with Jean gone he was standing strong. It is frightening for Logan to witness Scott's grief. It made the weeks and month's of torturing him by flirting with Jean seem shallow ,frivilous and wrong.

Stolen moments that belonged only to Scott and Jean. Moments that he can never give back. Stolen moments that color Scott's cries as they echo around the jet's interior. All those moments gone in an instant. But there holding Scott as he cried and railed against fate Logan can see clearly for the first time just what the cost was for being the 'good guy'. Was the price to high? The outcome too painful? Or could the in between, the moments shared, be of far greater worth?

For the first time Logan understood. He understood why Scott was always so pissed when he caught Jean flirting with him. Or when she blushed or smiled at a typically Logan ennuendo. Because they were Scott's moments. Not his. No one's not even the Professor.

Just as the moments he shared with Marie were just that his shared moments with her. His eyes moved of their own accord to hers. She was his. No doubts, no excuses. They were his moments! And no one had a right to step into them and make him share even a milisecond of one of those moments. His eyes shifted to the teen sitting in the jump seat to her right arm outstretched to grasp Marie's gloved fingers. A growl rumbled in his chest and the hand snapped away. Then he stretched out a hand to her. He needed her. In this moment he needed her more than breath and he didn't want to share her.

When she unfastened her belt and slid to the floor beside him and Scott he knew he could be a good guy. That sometimes the moments they would share would be happy and full of joy. Others would be contented and still others passion filled. He also new that he would ultimately have to share a final moment and that it would hurt like hell. Each moment shared would build a future, a present, and a past. And it would all be worth it, because Marie was worth the cost.