Author's Chapter Notes:
A little talk about everyone's reaction.
She didn’t know how to break the news to everyone. Although she knew that everyone would be happy for her, she also knew that everyone would have plenty of questions that she wasn’t sure she knew how to answer yet. Some how, she had controlled her ability, and she had a feeling that Logan had something to do with it.

“What are you doing? Storm’s going to freak when she sees you dressed like that!” Jubilee exclaimed as Rogue joined Logan at their usual table in the corner. Jubilee had sat with her everyday since Rogue had returned, and, although Rogue knew that Logan couldn’t stand the girl, he at least tolerated her for Rogue’s benefit. “Aren’t you uncomfortable showing all that skin?”

Rogue shrugged as she drank from her juice. She wore a small, skin tight blue sports bra shirt that barely reached under her breasts, and dark blue spandex shorts that barely reached the bottom of her ass. She even went far enough to wear sandals.

“Just leave her alone, Kid.” Logan said as he shoved a forkful of eggs into his mouth. “She can wear whatever the hell she wants.” He shot an approving look towards Rogue as she blushed. Suddenly, she felt shy sitting at the table wearing next to nothing. But it was summer and she was hot. She wasn’t going to bundle up any longer if she didn’t have to.

“I have control.” She said softly, watching as Jubilee’s face slowly melted from confusion to comprehension. “It started last night.”

“You have control! When were you going to say something? I mean, wow…” Jubilee’s voice echoed through the cafeteria and Rogue was suddenly aware of everyone’s attention shifting towards them. ‘Well, that’s one way of letting everyone know.’ She thought to herself as the rest of the room hushed.

“Rogue, I need your help with something. Are you finished yet?” Logan asked standing and grabbing both his and her trays. He understood what she must have been going through. For so long, even before she had left, she had been no more than an after thought to most of these people, and now she had just been thrust into the spot light.

Rogue thankfully looked up at him and nodded, her eyes showing how grateful she really was. She said goodbye quickly to Jubilee, who realized her mistake, and followed Logan out of the large dinning area.

“You alright?” Logan asked quickly as the entered the gym. They still had about an hour and a half before class would begin, just enough time for Rogue to get her emotions under control.

“Yeah, I’m fine. It was just a little sudden, that’s all. I knew I shouldn’t have worn this outfit, though.” She sighed as she sat on the sparring matt. What was she supposed to do now? Go change? She let her head fall between her knees as she gathered her thoughts. She had wanted to wear this badly today; it was so much easier to move in something like this. “What am I going to do? Am I always going to be ostracized?”

“It will get better, Darlin. I promise. Pretty soon, you are going to find someone who wants you for the person inside, no matter if you got control or not, and people will stop gawkin like a bunch of morons. This will cool down in time. You’ll see.” He sighed as he sat down next to her. He gently gathered in his arms and held her, making sure she felt safe again. “Don’t worry about anything. This will pass. Just one of the hazards of living in a high school.”

“Yeah, I didn’t like it when I was a student. Who would have thought that I would want to be here now?” She chuckled lightly, and Logan felt it was time to let her go. “Thank you. You know, sometimes I feel like even if I lost everyone else, I’d be fine as long as I have you.”

“Darlin, I feel the same way exactly.” He smiled at her, placing his hand over hers. “Now let’s get ready before the brats show up.”