Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue gains control of her skin.
It had been a week since she and Bobby had their confrontation in the hall. Everyone was coming to terms with her new powers. Bobby was put on probation for his behavior. He was informed that even the slightest screw up would get him discharged from the school.

Logan had been avoiding her, though. Although she was still his teacher’s aid, and he still gave her private practices, he found excuse after excuse to disappear during any leisure time. He didn’t sit with her at dinner, or take her to the movies anymore. They didn’t go dancing or bar hopping any more. He didn’t even look at her in the eyes anymore. She wondered if her new abilities scared him.

It happened late one night, as these things do. She was in her room, applying lotion to her body when someone knocked softly on her door. She hadn’t even had time to grab her robe before the door opened, giving the intruder an eye full of her curves and skin. She gasped as he shut the door quickly, with him still in her room.

“Do you mind?”

“Not at all, Darlin,” Logan replied with a smirk. “Why would I?”

“Well, I do. Close you eyes while I put my robe on.” She gave him a look that should have sent him running, but, instead, he just continued to stair at her, a smirk appearing on his face.

“Why? I’ve already seen all your goodies. How about I show you mine? It would only be fair.” He had been teasing her like this since she had come home. She wondered if he knew what it did to her. Probably not. Logan wasn’t the type. She knew, in her heart, that he would never look at her that way. He was her protector, not her lover. Only in her dreams.

“Knock it off.” She said as she threw the robe around her naked body. “What do I owe to this visit?”

“We need to talk. Something’s been eating at me since that day you gave the icebox what he deserved.” He sat on her bed, his hands hanging helplessly between his slightly open legs. “Something you said really got to me.”

“Is this why you’ve been avoiding me?” She asked softly, joining him on the bed. Why he nodded, she sighed, beckoning him to continue.

“What you said about what happened between you and St. John. Did it really happen?” He asked, his eyes transfixed on hers. “Were you two…”

“Were we sleeping together?” She finished for him, wondering if why this should matter. She lowered her eyes demurely, unsure of what was transfixing between them. “I don’t lie, Logan. You know that. I’ve only ever been with two men in a way that counts. John and Allen. I know you know what my father used to do to me, but I don’t count that. I cared for both John and Allen very much, but I think that I had given them both images that neither was able to live up to.”

“They didn’t try to live up to it, Marie. They should have.” Logan looked away from her. He fixed his eyes on the wall. “Do I live up to your expectations?”

“What?” She couldn’t understand where he was going with this. He wanted to say something, that much she knew, and she just wished he would spit it out. “Logan, you’re my best friend in this whole world. You are the one person I know will never intentionally hurt me. You came for me when I needed you. Of course you live up to my expectations. Hell, you go past my expectations. What is this all about?”

Before she could brace herself, Logan pulled her close to him in a tight embrace. It was a full minute before they realized that Rogue’s arm had become exposed and was touching the back of Logan’s neck.

They pulled back, watching each other intently. Rogue gently apprehensively touched his cheek with her ungloved hand as joy filled her body with the knowledge that she could touch. She couldn’t believe it. “Logan?”

“Try it again, Darlin. This time concentrate. Try and touch me with your powers on.” His eyes were filled with warmth and pleasure. He knew what he was asking, but he knew that she could do it. She reached out again, this time doing as he asked. When she touched him, a full second passed before she felt the familiar pull.

“I have control.”