Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue tells Kitty off.
Jubilee had been the first to visit her room. After only an hour after the Rogue had left the cafeteria, Jubilee had knocked on Rogue’s bedroom door, making it clear as soon as Rogue opened the door that she didn’t give a damn about her skin or what anyone else thought. She threw her arms around Rogue immediately, screeching with happiness. Neither had heard the muffled screams floating down the hall.

Jubilee was catching her up on all that had happened since her friend had vanished when there was a soft knock on the door. Rogue almost didn’t hear it, but she rushed to the door, hoping it was another old friend.

Instead, there stood the girl who had come between her and Bobby. Rogue cocked her head to one side and raised an eyebrow in curiosity. She had acquired that trait from Logan. It made her seem almost as crazy as him, also. Of course, the look coming from Rogue was much more terrifying for Kitty then when it came from Logan.

“What do you want, Kit-Kat?” The nick-name had been given to her by Bobby shortly before Rogue had come to the mansion. Coming from him, she had found it sweet and enduring, but the way it dripped from Rogue’s icy tongue made it twisted and ugly, almost as if it was a curse. She couldn’t help but cringe as her flesh tightened into goose-bumps. “Bobby’s not around to keep you company right now?”

Kitty could plainly see Jubilee standing on the other side of the door, trying to blend into the background. She had been furious when Kitty and Bobby had become an item shortly after Rogue had left. “I just came to welcome you back, Rogue. I missed you…”

“You missed me? How the hell can you come here and say that with a strait face, you narrow ass bitch…” It came out in a hiss more terrifying than any yelling could have ever been. Kitty could feel her fear rising, and wondered if Rogue noticed. How much of Logan had she kept after all the times she had touched him and absorbed his healing factor and other mutations? How much had he taught her during their private one on one sessions that he only gave to her, and none of the other B Team members? “What the fuck do you want, Kitty? I’ve got company that I would like to enjoy, and I think you’re presence is making everyone uncomfortable.”

“I wanted to say hi and welcome you back.” Her own resentment was beginning to grow, as was her anger. She knew that her voice was getting higher, and she envied that Rogue could stay so cool and collected. “I figured you would be grateful. I was one of the handful of people in this place that defended you to the others who thought you decision to take the cure was stupid and inconsiderate… You should be thanking me or something. I mean…”

“Thanking you?” Rogue flashed an angry, twisted smile. “Do you think I owe you something? I didn’t ask you to stand up for me. I didn’t turn my back on our friendship and start flirting with your boyfriend. For someone so smart, you sure are a fucking moron. I’m not grateful, and I don’t owe you a fucking thing, Kitty Pryde, so go to Hell.”

With that, Rogue slammed the door in Kitty’s face, and turned back to her true friend. “That felt good…” They both began giggling hard enough to drop to their knees.