Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue lets Storm know that the children need to know what is going on.
It was a little over an hour before Rogue finally made it back to the office. It seemed that she was the last one to return, since Logan was not only able to clear his area, but most of the others before the rest of the X-Men could return to help. For the first time, she was envious of the fear he struck into the hearts of the children.

She found that although a few of the X-Men were standing, she had a chair waiting right next to Logan’s. He had saved her a seat, at least. The other’s watched as she bent over easily to whisper in his ear about how much she could have used his help, and his hand rested lightly, yet possessively, on her hips. He gave her a slow, strong kiss, and, when she finally rose, she found that not only was every one watching, but Bobby, Pitor, and Gambit, the newest recruit, were all watching. Judging by the look on Logan’s face, he was marking his territory already.

She took her seat quickly, crossing her long legs over his. Just the feel of him was more powerful than any thing she had ever shared with anyone else. Probably because he was the only one who understood exactly what she felt.

“We need to figure out exactly how to handle this,” Storm said, beginning the meeting. “Charles and Scott will be back her within a week, and we need to prepare the students for this.”

“We need to have a couple of assemblies.” Rogue hadn’t realized she spoke until it was too late. “The younger students only need to know the basics. That Charles and Scott are both coming home, and that they will be thrilled to finally meet them. Just let them know what’s going on, but don’t give them too much detail. Get them to help get things ready, and promise a party when Charles and Scott feel up to it.”

“That’s great, but what about the older children?” Storm asked, trying not to feel hurt over the new couple’s physical touch.

“Do the same thing; only let them know exactly what is going on, exactly. Some of these kids knew Charles and Scott, and they are always talking about how we don’t treat them like adults. Tell them to help with the children, and that we will let them know if anything changes.” Rogue shrugged, not sure how her advice was going to be taken.

“That sounds like a good start,” Storm replied softly, her mind wrapping around the idea. “Why don’t we all get some sleep? We’ll discuss this some more in the morning.”