Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue has a conversation with a group of older children who were around when Xavier died. One of these childeren will be important in the future.
The first group she came to was a group of older boys, all students of hers and Logan. Each one of them had tried to hit on her right after her return, not understanding that she was potentially more lethal than Logan. And all of their hopes were quickly shattered when Logan took them aside and pointedly told them to back. She had never known what he had said during those conversations, but she would have loved to be a fly on the wall.

“I need you guys to help me get everyone to bed,” she said sternly as she walked into the same rec-room that she had learned to play foosball in with Bobby and John so long ago. For a second, she felt the weight of time pushing down on her, but she mentally pushed it away as she addressed her students. “Everyone should get some sleep.”

“Who the hell could sleep at a time like this?” A boy named Oscar replied, getting a couple of giggles out of the others. Rogue remembered that the boy had a very unique talent of being able to mimic other’s abilities for a short time. She had always felt a kinship to the young man for the simple reason that his abilities were so closely related to her own.

“You can.” She replied quickly. She remembered that he had been here as a child. He had been abandoned by his parents at an orphanage at the tender age of six when his eyes turned from sky blue to canary yellow. The darkness of his skin only enhanced the color.

“Can’t you at least tell us what the hell is going on? I mean, all we know is that Xavier is alive, and he’s coming back.” Rogue hadn’t noticed the young woman sitting among the boys before. Not many did, usually. She had been among them for as long as Rogue could remember. She had arrived as a very small child before even Rogue had come to the mansion. Know one really knew where she came from, only that this was the only place she had ever called home, and, with her mutation and abilities, it would probably remain that way for some time.

She had wings much like Warren, except where his were more like that of an angel, hers were more like ones that a demon would possess. They were covered in flesh that was the same color as her skin, and there were claws at the tips, much like those of a gargoyle. They stood above her head by at least half a foot, and also trailed along the floor by the same distance. With long, waist length hair the color of a pond at midnight, skin with the same shade of beach sand, and eyes the color of storm clouds ready to burst, and a body that a stripper would kill for, she was breath takingly beautiful. She was not only a member of Logan’s advanced self defense class, but she had been a junior member of the team for the last three years, making her the youngest member ever. She had a determination unlike no other. It was unbelievable that she could go unnoticed like she did, but it had to have been something she had learned as a small child.

She had been named Cloud for the color of her eyes, and her team name was Stealth, for her abilities to blend in and become undetected with little effort. She was the school pet, everyone loving her, even Logan. They had a kinship formed from not knowing where they had come from, and the fact that Cloud had manifested the same healing factor and heightened senses that Logan possessed a few months before Rogue came back.

“I really can’t, I’m sorry. You probably know more than I do at this time,” Rogue replied sadly as she turned her gaze away from the group to watch another group of giggling 12 year old girls running past the door. “I could really use your help on this one, though. I need to hurry and get back to Charles’ office for a meeting on how to handle this. I promise you that I will make sure that you and all the other older students know what exactly is going on when we do. Now, please, help me!”