Author's Chapter Notes:
Xavier and Scott are both alive.
Even though it was lights out by the time they arrived at the school, the mansion was full of activity. Neither Logan nor Rogue knew what was going on, and they both regretted turning off their cells. What ever it was had to be big.

Just as they walked in, Logan grabbed a student rushing by, scaring the poor boy. “What the hell is going on here?” He growled sharply as the young boy looked up at him with fear and admiration.

“Storm just got a call from Dr. MacTaggert,” he stuttered, trying to puff out his chest and make himself seem taller. It took all of Rogue’s self control not to giggle. “Professor Xavier’s alive! And Mr. Summers is there, too.”

Logan quickly let go of the boy, grabbed Rogues hand, and practically dragged her to Storm’s office.

They found her sitting at the desk, her head leaning into her hands. It seemed the weight of the entire world was on her shoulders. She looked up at them, tears trailing down cheeks. The first thing she had noticed was their hands clasped tightly, and it only made her shoulders slump more as she realized that the fling she had been having with Logan was truly over.

“Charles is alive. He is at Muir Island at this moment, resting.” She stated, forcing herself into the leadership mentality. What ever else was happening, she would have to acknowledge it later.
“He was able to use his abilities to transfer his mind into that of a coma patient. It seems that he has been alive for sometime now, just not ready to return. He was waiting for someone.”

“Scott?” Rogue asked quietly, giving Logan’s hand a quick squeeze before letting go. They walked into the office slowly, Logan closing the door on the noise of excitement behind them. “He’s alive, also? Was he the one Xavier was waiting for?”

“I really can’t say.” Storm sat up straight, gaining confidence from her friend’s strength. She knew that no matter what differences they may have, these two would be the two to help her now. They would not turn their back on her, no matter how much she may have deserved it. “It appears to be that way. Xavier wants to return at the end of the week. Scott will be coming with him. They want to make sure that Scott’s mind is fully in tact. It seems he knows what happened to Jean, as if someone told him. Only, he isn’t the same man he was before his death. It was as if the special link that the two shared didn’t sever after the Alkali Lake Mission, only enhancing his grief, and keeping him from letting go.”

“But it severed after her death as the Phoenix?” Rogue asked softly, trying to make sense on all this.

“Precisely. I know, it’s a giant headache.” Storm sighed again, standing from her office chair. “I could really use some help, though. Especially right now. I need to get these children to bed. There was a student in here with me when I got the call from Moira. I had it on speaker phone and she heard everything. Can you start helping with that while I call the others? And then we will all meet back here to plan out how we are going to get the students prepared for this.”

“That sounds good to me,” Rogue said as she flashed Storm a warm smile, knowing that the older woman would need it now more than ever. She had just finally gotten used to the cards life had dealt her, and now everything was being taken from her. She needed all the support she could get.