Author's Chapter Notes:
They get a room and things get cleared up.
He hurried her into the room, slamming the door close behind him as he grabbed her, crushing his body and his lips to hers. Her hands snaked around his neck, tangling in his hair. His nostrils filled with the scents of cherries and vanilla, arousal, and her natural scent, all emphasized by the scent on her arousal.

She felt him pulling her tighter and tighter into his body, his hands pressed into her back as his mouth devoured her own. Her own hands were tugging on his hair, keeping him where she needed him, begging him not stop. She had wanted this for so long, and she would be damned if she allowed this to end too soon.

They found themselves at the edge of the bed, neither wanting to separate long enough to catch their breath. Rogue felt herself falling as Logan gently lowered her to the bed, not breaking their kiss. She felt his body on top of her, his warmth giving her a sense of safety. His own scent of cigars and wild making her body melt. His hands roamed over her body, finding every curve and dip. She felt his right hand make its way under her shirt, exploring her breasts, as his left kept her body close. When his thumb lightly skimmed across her nipple, she moaned loudly as a tremor traveled through her body. He felt her shudder, and slowly pulled away from her mouth, despite the protest and the slight tug of his hair. He propped himself up on his arms, and looked down at her. Her lips were swollen and her eyes were filled lust. Her hair had somehow fanned out behind her, the white strands emphasizing the brown. She looked like an angel. His angel.

Suddenly, he wasn’t so sure about this. He pulled himself away from her, and walked to the other side of the room. What if she thought that this was just a one time thing? What if he wanted more than she was prepared to give him? He had known about her crush after he had saved her life on Liberty Island, but she had been through a lot since then. She wasn’t the same girl anymore. She was grown now, and had experienced so much. He had thought she had moved on after he had left for Alkali Lake. When he had come back, she had a boyfriend and she seemed to have forgotten about her little crush.

Rogue sat up cautiously, eyeing him carefully as she quickly fixed her shirt. She didn’t know what was going on. Had he changed his mind? Did he realize that she wanted this more than she had wanted anything before? Did he realize that this was more important to her than regaining the ability to touch?

“What’s wrong?” She asked nervously. She wanted to run and hide her embarrassment. She knew rejection well, and this was more than obvious. “Did I do something wrong? I mean, don’t you want this, too?”

“More than you know, Baby.” Logan whispered. He sat in the small, wooden chair, looking back at her. How was he supposed to start this, not knowing what was going to come next. He wouldn’t be able to stay at the mansion anymore if she rebuked him now. He was in love with her, and it would destroy him if she felt this was just a casual experience. “I can’t do this with you.”

Rogue’s face fell as his words registered. He didn’t really want her. He just wanted a quick fuck. “I’ll leave, then. I’ll… I’ll see you…”

“No, Marie,” he stood before she could grab her purse and make an escape. “I didn’t mean it like that.” He sighed deeply as she sat back down.

“What the hell do you mean, then?” She asked angrily. Was he going to lecture her now? Was he going to tell her that she didn’t really want him? That he didn’t really want her?

“Look, it’s hard to explain.” He ran his right hand, the same hand that had just brought her so much pleasure, through his hair, obviously not sure where to start. “If this happens, there is no going back to just being friends. I mean, it’s either all or nothing. You’re mine, and I’m yours, and nothing will ever change that. I need to know that this isn’t something casual that we’re never going to acknowledge. This needs to mean the same thing to you as it does to me. We can’t just pretend that it never happened.”

The corners of Rogue’s mouth curved upward as she stood from the bed and walked to him. She straddled his legs and gently pressed her lips to his, her hands, again, tangled in his hair. “I never wanted anything else. I’ve loved you for a long time, Logan.”

“I love you, too, Marie.” He whispered back as he stood from the chair. He held her tightly as she wrapped her legs around him, and he carried her back to the bed. He laid her down and went about slowly making love to her, holding her close the entire time.