Author's Chapter Notes:
Rogue makes a mistake that will get the wheels in Logan's head turning.
They were in the middle of demonstrating a flipping maneuver during the last class of the day when it happened. Logan had run towards Rogue as if he was going to attack her, and she quickly grabbed his wrist and flipped him and herself. She landed softly on top of him, pinning him down quickly. The kids were watching closely, everyone holding their breath as Rogue easily pinned the Wolverine. It wasn’t how the move was supposed to end. Logan was supposed to be flat on his back with Rogue jumping straight into a stance, ready for another go.

Logan could feel his jeans begin to tighten from the warmth and tightness of Rogue’s bottom. Judging from the expression on her face, he knew that this wasn’t what she had intended as realization dawned on her.

She quickly got up and asked the students if they had any questions. Almost every hand shot up. Even Logan had a question.

Rogue ignored him as she took questions from the students.

“We know how you have super strength and everything, but how are the rest of us supposed to be able to do that?” A young girl with brown hair and neon green eyes asked.

Rogue quickly remembered her ability to manipulate plant growth. “Anyone can do it. It’s actually a basic self-defense move, when executed correctly. You don’t need any special abilities. Just comprehension, awareness, control, determination, and know how. Even a child could execute it. I only threw in the last part because you are our older class, and if any of you are interested in joining the team, you must understand that giving the opponent the opportunity to get up could cost you dearly. Let’s say that had been Mystique. She could have very easily dodged that and killed me. If I was really one of the bad guys, Logan would have easily skewered me.”

“How do you keep them from getting back up from that?” Another student quickly asked.

“Pressure points. Which you will have a chance to learn if you are interested in becoming an X-Man.” She finished quickly, noticing that Logan had already risen to his feet, and was eyeing her suspiciously and a little flushed. He had stayed down long enough for the swelling in his pants to go down, so as not to alarm the students. “Alright. Pair up and try it on each other. Just remember not to pin the other person. You are not enemies. You do not need to hurt one another.”

As the students walked to the matt, Logan and Rogue both sat on the bleachers to watch. There was a least a foot between them, as both were unsure of what had happened. Rogue had only been playing. She hadn’t realized that she could have that kind of effect on him. Hell, she didn’t think he would even notice.

Class ended fifteen minutes later, and as Rogue followed the girls to the locker room, Logan asked her to meet him in his office when she was done.

She walked in to find him sitting comfortably behind his desk, a chair already pulled out for her. They were the only people in the gym. It would remain empty until after dinner.

“What’s going on?” She asked, taking a seat a making herself comfortable.

“What the hell was that?” Logan asked slowly. He didn’t want to make a big deal of this, but he knew that if any of the students had noticed the tension between them, it could cost Rogue her place as his aid.

“It was nothing. I didn’t know THAT was going to happen.” She crossed her arms tightly, only drawing attention to her breast. He couldn’t help but wished that she hadn’t done that. “It was a demonstration. Most of those kids want to join the team. They should start knowing what’s in store for them.”

“That’s not what I’m talking about, Marie. You know that.” He sighed, pushing a cigar into his mouth. As he lit it, he could feel her eyes on him, watching every move. He took a deep breath before continuing. “I didn’t know that was going to happen, either. I’m sorry for any discomfort that I may have caused you.”

“I would say that you were just a little more uncomfortable than I was.” She replied, smiling up at him sheepishly.

“No, Darlin, and that’s the problem.” She shifted in his chair so that he was looking at her straight forward, and she knew that he was having a problem with this conversation. “You are a very beautiful woman, but…”

“Please, Logan. Save it.” She waved her hand at him quickly. “Storm gave me a copy of the same speech to use in case one of the boys decided to get fresh. You don’t need to give it to me. I already know how you feel.”

“And exactly how do I feel?” He asked skeptically. She knew him better than anyone, but she couldn’t possibly know what was going through his head at that moment.

“I’m just a kid to you. Hell, Logan. You’re supposed to be my knight in shinning armor, ready to save me at a moment’s notice.” She sighed, dropping her hands into her lap. “You’re my friend. My best friend.”

“That’s not exactly what’s going on.” He whispered. “Look, go get dressed up all nice, and I’m going to take you to dinner. We really shouldn’t talk about this here.”

“Well, why not? What’s wrong with here?” She asked stubbornly as she stood up and headed towards that door.

“It’s just too weird.”