Story Notes:
Was supposed to only be a short songfic based on the song Lips Of An Angel by Hinder. Yeah... that didn't work! This is my first Fanfic in a very long time. Please let me know what you think. There will be two more parts to this story to come!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan gets an unexpected cry for help.
"I've missed you, Logan." He could barely believe his ears when he heard her breathy voice over the phone. It had been more than three years since he had seen her, and it had caught him by surprise. The accent was gone, but the same sweetness that he had always known was still there. He could hear the pain in her voice and new she had been crying. "I know it's late, but I've been thinking about you a lot lately, and I wanted to know how have you been? I figured you'd be up right now."

She had always been the only one who had known him so well. He knew that it was because of all the times that she had touched him with that poisonous skin, but it still felt good to know that there was one person who cared enough about him. She still knew his routine. The nightmares were still with him, and probably always would be. He was always awake at this hour, usually sitting at the kitchen table, sipping a beer, remembering what life used to be like, before he fucked everything up.

"Same as always, Darlin'. What's the matter? You alright?" He asked slowly, hoping that she needed him to come get her or help her. Really, he just wanted her to need him. But he didn't think she would. She hadn't needed him in the last year, anyway. She was grown up now, living on her own. She had proven that she could make her own decisions, and, more importantly, live with them. She didn't need him to protect her anymore, which was why he hadn't tried to track her down after she took off that second time. She wasn't helpless anymore.

"Yeah, I guess. I just got into another fight with Allen, that's all." He could almost hear her smile, and wished like hell he was close enough to find the boy who was hurting her now. "It really wasn't over anything serious. Just some pictures he found."

"Pictures of what?" There was a long pause, and in his heart, Logan knew what the pictures were. Hell, he was probably in most of them. She had a thing for photography back when she was a student. It was the only way she could get close to someone without hurting them. She was good at it, too. "Of us?"

"Yeah…" She replied softly. She had never been very good at lying. Hell, didn't even believe in it. Of course, she could always tell when someone was lying to her. "He wanted to know who you and the others were. So, I told him. He kind of freaked out. I had never told him about that. You know, before the cure."

"Are you sure it's alright to be talking to me right now? I mean, it ain't going to start a fight or nothing like that, is it?" He asked slowly. He didn't want her hurting anymore than she already was. He didn't know the boy at all, but he could tell that she loved him. At least on some level.

"Are you alone, Logan? Is anyone with you right now?" He wasn't sure he knew where the conversation was going, or whether or not he should be completely honest about who was with him.

"I got a girl in the other room, but she's asleep right now." He knew that it was as close to lying to her as he could get. He would probably never hear from her again if he told her who was in the next room, and he wouldn't blame her, either. Who could be worse than the woman who practically pushed her out the door in the first place?

"You sure she's not listening?" This was important. He could tell by the quiver in her voice. He knew not to pressure her, or she's hang up, and it might be another year before he hears from her again. "I need you to come get me, Logan. My… abilities are coming back. The cure is warring off. It's not so strong yet, only when I touch tiny things, but it's getting stronger. Well, look. I need you now. Please, Logan. Will you come?"

"Of course, Darlin. I'll be there in no time. Just let me know when and where. I'll come for you." He didn't have any choice but to go to her. Not when she said his name like that. It was the sweetest sound he ever heard.