Magneto's face set into a hard expression and he whispered, "Fine."

Putting his arms out to his sides and using his magnetic powers, he rose above them all in the cavernous junction of the corridors, out of Rogue's reach. In Logan's case, Magneto's gaze could kill, and he was certain that this man was the cause of Carol's betrayal.

A wet, sickening crack echoed in the space, followed by a pain filled grunt. Rogue turned to see Logan on the ground, cradling his right leg. Toad and Mystique had retreated from the fight not minute earlier, so the only threat was Magneto, but he was enough.

Jubilee raised her hands to paff the floating man, only to be sideswiped by a flying metal strut. She fell to the ground, unconscious, next to Sabretooth. Rogue was hit in the same instant by metal tubing that immediately wrapped around her arms and legs, trapping her.

Another snap and an aching whine.

"Now do you see who is truly in control?" Magneto lectured her.

Rogue was overcome by the conflicting emotions running through her as she witnessed Logan's suffering. Sabretooth was enjoying it, the smell of blood bringing his personality to the surface. She pushed him down, trying to think. At every shuddering gasp, every stifled grunt, she wanted to scream at Eric, beg him to stop, but she knew that would only drive him on, so she bit her lip and swallowed her words. She had to get free, and there was only one person who could help her.

Reaching deep within herself, she touched Carol. 'I need your help. Neither of us can do this alone. We need to work together.'

Mentally, Carol nodded and reached out, touching Marie. Sharing the body, they combined their powers. Carol broke the metal tubing and took flight, attacking Magneto. After beating him into unconscious, Rogue took over, absorbing enough of his powers to help Logan.

Logan's labored breathing was the only sound, as she knelt down beside his broken body. Magneto had used his nearly impervious skeleton against him, twisting and pulling the metal to break the underlying bones. They couldn't heal until they were back in position.

"Logan." Pain filled hazel eyes met her own, as she took in his injuries. "Logan, I have to reset the bones."

"Do it," he grunted, closing his eyes and gritting his teeth against the upcoming pain.