Story Notes:
I've given co-author credit to aranenumenesse because it's her fic 'Itch (A Pain That I'm Used To)' that has brought this one to the front of my mind. So thank you and I hope I don't tread on your toes here.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks go to aranenumenesse for inspiring this one, this ones for you (in the hope we might get more of 'Itch')
'Hunger creeps up on you,
It's subtle, never forcing,
It's only when you've got the knife in your hand
Do you realise how much you've been denying it...
Hungry yet?'

**************************************

How long was this torture going to go on for? Jesus H Christ he'd pulled the kid off the damn road half faint with hunger and now here he was running after her because some fucking do-gooders had let her slip out of their fingers.

All along the journey toward the rail station his mind had furnished him with another scenario to the one that had played out last night. Of her getting into his bed, of him being covered head to toe while her skin was on show, all of it, not just the small pieces he'd seen on her hands and face. It made the ride harder to accomplish, forcing himself down on the tank trying to dislodge the thoughts that had burrowed deep into his subconscious.

The bike vibrated beneath him as he took the curves toward the station, his reactions coming just before the road changed. Instinct taking him in it's teeth, and with each passing mile the less he cared what everyone else behind him thought. All that mattered was the hunger that filled his bones, the ache that those brown eyes could fill. That difference he could make and in so doing ease his own pain, his own loneliness.

He never claimed women, they passed through his desires like the seasons, a few bright colours but then the next season rolled round and there were new things to look at. New things to experience, new tastes and new scents to remember but he hadn't smelt anything like *her*. She'd wafted into that bar like a bite of snow on the summer wind, something unusual, something *pure*. An in Laughlin that was as unusual as it got, a dumping ground for old whores and truckers on their way through. How the hell she'd ended up there he had no idea but after last night he had a claim on her, he'd marked her, even though there was no sign of the injury. He knew she felt it as much as he did and he couldn't help but wonder if that was the reason she'd run and it was one of the reasons he was chasing her now.

The road shifted again and he could hear the clank of trains, of freight moving and he turned the bike toward the sound. He'd go in the back way, they wouldn't be looking for him and he'd find her first he had to, he had to know how she felt. If she'd felt the same hunger he had, the same fire that licked across his skin with her first touch of his bare flesh. He'd seen her pupils widen as she'd done it, caught the scent of her body deepen and expand as she'd taken what she'd needed from him. He had to know if she'd taken his hunger too. Growling he pushed the bike further, he needed time before they found them and he was going to get it.

-----------------------------------

Her mind was confusion, too many images and scents were pounding through her brain, the way Bobby had told her to leave, the looks of fear that had been backed up by the stench of fear all around her. No matter where she went it hit her nose as soon as someone saw her, she couldn't stay there, not after this. So she'd taken to her heels, run off, stolen some cash and bought a ticket to the furthest place she could get to with it.

She'd bought food but it sat heavy in her stomach, her body hungered but it wasn't for food. The remains of the sandwich were still in her coat for later with the bottle of coke she'd bought but couldn't face drinking. Confused she saw her train listed and she went to meet it, keeping herself out of eyeline, dropping herself below the radar of everyone around her. Not knowing that someone had already found her and was coming to intercept her.

The train was taking on fluids and a new crew, so after a carriage had been cleaned she nipped onboard. Placing herself centrally to the rest of the train, people didn't look at you if you sat in the centre. They only noticed you at the beginning and end of the carriage. Pulling her small duffle with her she waited for the rest of the passengers to arrive, willing the train to move soon soshe could get away without anyone knowing. She shifted to hunch herself to the rest of the carriage when her eyes caught a reflection behind her. A man, dressed in jeans and leather, a belt buckle she knew came from a man she'd beaten in Calgary. Her whisper loud in both of their ears, "Logan."

He'd found her, seen her move to the carriage and step onboard, a ghost moving through the world without being seen. His own past in her movements and his heart knawed as he followed her confusion, he had to know and he wasn't leaving wihtout what he needed.

Caging her into the seat he pushed himself as close as he dare get, eyes, ears, nose, taking in everything he could about the woman/child in front of him. Seeing her pupils dilate as he got closer, her scent deepening as he shifted toward her skin. His ungloved hand reaching out to her cheek, she didn't move away and his fingers feathered over her skin. Feeling it reach out to him, trying to take more of him inside her, wanting to,seeing it run through her gaze, her muscles held tight so she wouldn't move forward to meet his fingers. But she *wanted* to, God yes she wanted to!

Putting his hand behind her covered head he pulled her face close to his own, seeing her eyes widen as he whispered to her, needing her to understand what he was trying to tell her. Desperate to let her know he knew what was going on inside her, the ache, the knawing hunger that never stopped, never sated, never full.
"Do you understand? Marie...do you understand? Do you feel it?"

She didn't know what to say, what to feel but under everything there was the ache, the hunger that she thought would never ease abated somewhat, lessened to a degree where she could think. It was his touch, his closeness that did it, as if she could drink him in, suck up all that he was with each breath only to find him whole again so she could empty him again. Somewhere it made sense, it made *perfect* sense, he could give until the universe died and she needed everything he could give her. From the moment she'd seen him in the cage to the moment she'd been on his fist, she'd needed, she'd *hungered* for him and now she had him. As sure as the sun rose in the east she had *him*, he saw her answer, felt it in her body, smelt it rise from her into the stale air of the train.

Nothing would change this, nothing could, snatching the duffel from under the seat he pulled her bodily from the train. Dragging her with him out of the station, onto the bike and away from those who'd tell him it was wrong. Feeling her hands wrap around him, the steel in her grip firing his blood. He wasn't alone and his hunger was banked for now, when they were safe he'd take his fill and he knew it'd take more than a life to be filled with what he could take from her.

Hunger isn't something to deny.....
It creeps up on you, turns you inside out until you listen to it, instinct drives you to the thing you need, until there's nothing left but the hunger. He'd been there too long not to take what had been offered last night, what had been given over in the touch they'd shared. She'd take his time, make him human and he'd give her life longer than she'd ever thought she deserved. Fuel and fire, food and stomach, natural as breathing.

Both of them smiling as they ran into the darkness, borne on wings of nitrus oxide. Life would do without their input, they had a hunger to feed.